Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] LaunchSpeak - Make iOS Speak When You Launch Apps

Default [Review] LaunchSpeak - Make iOS Speak When You Launch Apps

iOS is a very quiet operating system. Unlike desktop operating systems, iOS doesn't make noises when you click on things (or tapping, in the case of iOS) and it doesn't make noises when error or prompt messages pop up. Some tweaks have been released to try and make iOS a little more fun in the noise aspect by playing noises for when you page through each page on the home screen or when you launch applications.

If random noises aren't your cup of tea, then a new free jailbreak tweak is available in Cydia starting today, dubbed LaunchSpeak by iOS developer fr0st. LaunchSpeak, as the name implies, speaks when you launch applications. After installing it, you will find a new preferences pane in the Settings application:

LaunchSpeak allows you to input your own text that you want iOS to speak when you launch an application, so the good news is you aren’t restricted to what the developer wants the tweak to speak every time you launch an application. To make the tweak mention the name of the application you are launching, you must include "" in the text input box. Apart from changing the text, you also have the ability to toggle the tweak on and off, which is a good tool to have just in case you are in a location where you need to be quiet and don't want iOS to be speaking constantly while you use it.

LaunchSpeak will require you to respring or reboot (whichever you prefer) every time you change the text from the text input box. If you don’t then iOS won’t speak your changes to the text until you do. Two things the tweak is missing include the ability to respring directly from the Settings application, which is a problem if you don’t have an easy respring method installed such as SBSettings, and a preferences pane icon. The developer promises both of these things to be present in a future update to LaunchSpeak.

The volume of the voice that speaks the text you input in the Settings application is adjusted with the iPod volume controls. This is important to realize because most of the time, you will be adjusting the ringer volume and not the iPod volume unless you have the option not to control ringer volume with the volume buttons enabled from the Settings application.

The tweak is free, so if you think you will find vocal feedback when launching applications useful, then give it a shot!

Name: LaunchSpeak
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.1
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: fr0st
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Sources: fr0st

One of the reasons I like ios is the silent use!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can't read the article because that gif is driving me insane.

I can't think of anything that would be more annoying. Oh btw I'm talking about the gif.