+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Orders Diminishing as 6th Gen Device Looms

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default iPhone 4S Orders Diminishing as 6th Gen Device Looms

Production orders for the iPhone 4S have dipped markedly, according to a new report that is raising questions about how soon the 6th generation iPhone will be introduced to the public.

On Tuesday, analyst Shaw Wu told investors that his supply-chain sources confirm that Apple has dramatically cut iPhone 4S orders by as much as 25% in some instances That's a big dip when you consider that 35.1 million units were shipped just during this past March quarter.

Sterne Agee’s Shaw Wu this morning reiterates a Buy rating on shares of Apple (AAPL) and a $780 price target, while cutting his projection for the company’s iPhone unit sales this quarter and next, as he believes Apple is reducing production before refreshing the phone with what a “sixth generation” unit.
    There's very little indication, however, that Apple is cutting production due to waning demand. That doesn't appear to be the case at all. In fact, Wu says demand remains palpably strong. Apple is simply taking one step back in order to take two steps forward in the coming months.

"From our understanding, the reason for the reduction is not demand related but rather due to the upcoming 6th generation iPhone refresh likely in the September-October timeframe," Wu says. "It appears AAPL is opting to be conservative with its suppliers to factor in a potential 2-quarter pause ahead of the refresh and also to manage inventory."

Source: Barron's

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

And everyone will be disappointed on the inside because it will still be behind current Android phones, but cheer to make themselves feel better and continue living in their denial.

Thanks

How is iPhone gonna be behind android phones kinda curious

Thanks

If it wasnt for Apple Android will still just be a name used in sci-fi movies....just sayin!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

he's just trying to start an argument from
    the iphone from which he tapped.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hank197857 For This Useful Post:

jaybeans821 (05-18-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    And everyone will be disappointed on the inside because it will still be behind current Android phones, but cheer to make themselves feel better and continue living in their denial.
    Android fanboy alert. Instead of being biassed and closed minded about tech like he is, I like iOS and Android. I like iOS's speed, smoothness and stability. And don't forget about all the apps that android still doesn't have, and iOS has better tablet support (meaning apps). Android is more customizable and has homescreen widgets. And they had Minecraft before iOS need (I love Minecraft ). It's a matter of preference. And you can get most android features on iOS if you feel like jailbreaking it (Which I do). And you can of course root android if you're feeling risky (I do that to). Why can't people live together with different phones and OSs without bashing each other?
    I like apple stuff.
    If you see the username "McMichael96" anywhere, it's probably me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Although im a fan and a heavy user of iphone/ipad. I'm going to have to agree with the above post. Im not seeing any advancement being made in ios. we keep seeing some really stupid things being added and removed (camera button on lock screen, the ability to remove the 3g on/off button then later on adding it back in.) Have they run out of ideas?
    technically also, inclusion of LTE will not be a major factor, the processor, memory etc need to be revamped... non of this crappy underclocked cpus with disabled cored, limited bluetooth functionality, NFC, screen size etc... many aspects of the device need to be improved. Cant stick with the same old forever

Thanks

If it's called the iPhone 6 and not iPhone 5 I will ship my left testicle to ModMyI using the most expensive same day or overnight shipping.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

If it didn't come from Apples PR department, or internally, who cares. Unless they have die hard and factual numbers, plus an explanation from Apple, this is just speculation! I speculate when sales numbers come out, they will be stellar as usual!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^hahaha what norb said. Although it will just be called "the new iPhone", and anyone who doesn't think so is delusional. iPhone 5 or iPhone 6 would just confuse people. With a redesign, it will be easy to differentiate and they will follow suit with the new naming convention, ie. non-numerical.

Green Apple
    Thanks

LOL GmAZ you actually come here to insult apple fans? GTFO Android sucks.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah, because we all need quad core CPUs and 2GB or memory in our phones. Oh wait, just Android does because it needs it to run half way decent. I've had Android phones and rooted and ROMed and all that. I still couldnt tweak it as much as my Jailbroken phone which happens to run like a champ without all that super power CPU and memory of the oh so advanced Android phones out today. There is not one thing I can not do with my iPhone that an Android phone can. So I really dony see why everyone thinks Android is so high and mighty.

Not sure of the denial you are talking about. I really think its the other way around. Thats why there are so many Apple haters. There is no other way to explain the hatred.

And THANK YOU for calling the next iPhone the 6th gen and not iPhone 5.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McMichael96 View Post
    Android fanboy alert. Instead of being biassed and closed minded about tech like he is, I like iOS and Android. I like iOS's speed, smoothness and stability. And don't forget about all the apps that android still doesn't have, and iOS has better tablet support (meaning apps). Android is more customizable and has homescreen widgets. And they had Minecraft before iOS need (I love Minecraft ). It's a matter of preference. And you can get most android features on iOS if you feel like jailbreaking it (Which I do). And you can of course root android if you're feeling risky (I do that to). Why can't people live together with different phones and OSs without bashing each other?
    i completely and totally agree 100% i love my iOS and despite messing around with my friends droid and actually liking the ease of navigation(EXAMPLE: i have my iphone 4 jailbroke and he noticed my Color Keyboard, and he saw on his android that there might be a way to get a themed keyboard so i says let me have a look at it, within 2 minutes i got a themed keyboard on his android for him, no special downloads and not rooted, very simple) i like android but i love my iphone 4,

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

the new i phone will sink the piddley Android which is always several firmware updates behind Apple .

i do not see any Apple folks complaining but i do see alot of Android user comming over to the i phone that says something about Apples product.
    Last edited by tridley68; 05-15-2012 at 12:59 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

when i was in korea a few weeks ago, most of the phones i saw being used were samsung, but the koreans using iphones looked happier. just an observation ...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,973 Times in 2,020 Posts

Ice Cream sandwich? Who names it that?? Who would want that relatively speaking?? Or Gingerbread?? Sounds like something from years ago...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Could this really mean a June iPhone release? Seems kind of weird to me. Doesn't make sense to wait til October 2011 to release a not so great iPhone only to release a great one 6 months later. I doubt the next iPhone will be out in June. Just my 2 cents. Also, please stop with the personal attacks and stay on topic. Otherwise I can use that handy report button.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

19. The Following User Says Thank You to iPod For This Useful Post:

jaybeans821 (05-18-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeJealous View Post
    Yeah, because we all need quad core CPUs and 2GB or memory in our phones. Oh wait, just Android does because it needs it to run half way decent. I've had Android phones and rooted and ROMed and all that. I still couldnt tweak it as much as my Jailbroken phone which happens to run like a champ without all that super power CPU and memory of the oh so advanced Android phones out today. There is not one thing I can not do with my iPhone that an Android phone can. So I really dony see why everyone thinks Android is so high and mighty.

Not sure of the denial you are talking about. I really think its the other way around. Thats why there are so many Apple haters. There is no other way to explain the hatred.

And THANK YOU for calling the next iPhone the 6th gen and not iPhone 5.

If that is the case then you are lucky with your iPhone.
    My proximity sensor is not working, my phone crashes at least once a week the Mobile Substrate message almost feel like it is the lock screen.
    There is absolutely nothing new coming on the iOS other than trying to block jailbreaking, Apple should spend that time improving on its iOS. There better be some spectacular improvements on the iOS for the next phone or else I am moving on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone LTechTalk's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait !

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

I REALLY hope iOS 6 brings some major updates to their OS, but I have high doubts about that. I still wish Apple would make changes to the OS part (get rid of the ugly blue gloss and do something different). I think their OS would look good with a matte color scheme.

Some icons need a major overhaul as they look thrown together (Clock, Photos, Calendar, etc) and don't fit in with the others. I'd like to see the Phone and SMS app icons have two different colors.

If a word is misspelled, there should be a list of words to choose from instead of a single popup of what iOS thinks you mean (I know there's a jailbreak tweak but it didn't work so well)

I have tons more but I'll stop there.