+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Orders Diminishing as 6th Gen Device Looms

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
it's good to try other products. no company deserves 100 percent customer loyalty, and we as customers shouldn't buy into it. our patronage to any company has obvious value. besides
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it's good to try other products. no company deserves 100 percent customer loyalty, and we as customers shouldn't buy into it. our patronage to any company has obvious value. besides the our buying power, it's called respect. a little competition is beneficial industry wide.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeJealous View Post
    Yeah, because we all need quad core CPUs and 2GB or memory in our phones. Oh wait, just Android does because it needs it to run half way decent. I've had Android phones and rooted and ROMed and all that. I still couldnt tweak it as much as my Jailbroken phone which happens to run like a champ without all that super power CPU and memory of the oh so advanced Android phones out today. There is not one thing I can not do with my iPhone that an Android phone can. So I really dony see why everyone thinks Android is so high and mighty.

Not sure of the denial you are talking about. I really think its the other way around. Thats why there are so many Apple haters. There is no other way to explain the hatred.

And THANK YOU for calling the next iPhone the 6th gen and not iPhone 5.
    I was just about to post a very similar response. However, yours was very well said. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    I REALLY hope iOS 6 brings some major updates to their OS, but I have high doubts about that. I still wish Apple would make changes to the OS part (get rid of the ugly blue gloss and do something different). I think their OS would look good with a matte color scheme.

Some icons need a major overhaul as they look thrown together (Clock, Photos, Calendar, etc) and don't fit in with the others. I'd like to see the Phone and SMS app icons have two different colors.

If a word is misspelled, there should be a list of words to choose from instead of a single popup of what iOS thinks you mean (I know there's a jailbreak tweak but it didn't work so well)

I have tons more but I'll stop there.
    Of course it has some things that need improvement. There's not OS that doesn't. The major thing would be there are less things then android. That's what I look at.
    Last edited by GooseG; 05-15-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    And everyone will be disappointed on the inside because it will still be behind current Android phones, but cheer to make themselves feel better and continue living in their denial.
    Behind? How? Whatever Android has, Apple ends up making it better even if us iPhone owners have to wait a bit longer. I've owned Android and its not bad..its just not great but that's just my opinion as your response to the article is an opinion not a FACT thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    he's just trying to start an argument from
    the iphone from which he tapped.
    Trolling? He might be( in my yoda voice).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

And everyone will be disappointed on the inside because it will still be behind current Android phones, but cheer to make themselves feel better and continue living in their denial.
    Android will always have better specs because apple only releases one every year. And android has all that time to use new tech. How ever apple only focuses on one device meaning more care and attention. Here's something for you to realize about having 100 smartphones vs one smartphone

You can go to ANY I MEAN ANY! Electronics store and will have an iPhone case available for purchase and how many people update their android phones? It's harder to develope a whole software update if theirs 100s of phones to try to support. This is why I like apple more. One device means more attention and more support

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Next iPhone is going to be sweet! It's going to blow all other phones out of the water, like it's predecessors!! Hopefully it will encourage others to innovate some more, and hopefully it'll be out quickly!

Thanks
    Wow, talk about denial and small **** syndrome

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaybeans821 View Post
    If it wasnt for Apple Android will still just be a name used in sci-fi movies....just sayin!!
    Handset makers were content with giving us mediocre products. Then the iPhone dropped and now handset makers are strugging to stay on top of the game. Every phone you buy is outdated within 3 months. Even the iPhone is dated now. Apple took a bold step with the introduction of the iPhone, one that no other handset maker could match and one that even apple can't out innovate.

Now what happens is we are at a stale mate. Android can't come up with anything new and apple just pisses off their current user base with lackluster updates.

The desire to reinvent the handset resulted in a product that was years before it's time. (and now 5 years later all we have to show are minor changes)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Android and iOS both have their issues but between the two I think I prefer Android. The original iPhone was my first smart phone and I didn't jump ship until the launch of the iPhone 4 (owned them all up to that point). Between the two I just prefer the way android functions and I can't stand the way iOS holds my hand but android isn't as polished. I will give apple the win for design and quality by leaps and bounds but iOS needs to lighten up a little and the screen size needs to come up...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So people would rather have a less superior iPhone then a more superior Andriod is what your saying? Keep in mind that there are a lot more different Androids made a year than iPhones.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys if you're gonna have this discussion, start a new thread, and stay on topic here. In fact, I'll start the new thread.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Android vs iOS

Here y'all go. Have at it

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

troll!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    Although im a fan and a heavy user of iphone/ipad. I'm going to have to agree with the above post. Im not seeing any advancement being made in ios. we keep seeing some really stupid things being added and removed (camera button on lock screen, the ability to remove the 3g on/off button then later on adding it back in.) Have they run out of ideas?
    technically also, inclusion of LTE will not be a major factor, the processor, memory etc need to be revamped... non of this crappy underclocked cpus with disabled cored, limited bluetooth functionality, NFC, screen size etc... many aspects of the device need to be improved. Cant stick with the same old forever
    Umm, what?!

1. LTE will be a HUGE factor. Are you insane?!

2. The processor has been dramatically changed in all previous iPhones. A4? A5?

3. EVERY Android device's processors are underclocked...hence overclocking with ROMs! Herp derp.

4. Wanna talk about things that aren major factors? NFC. NOT major. Not even kinda.

5. Screen size. That's about your only leg to stand on here.

Android doesn't innovate. They rush things to market and "Me-too" everything Apple does. They didn't invent LTE. They rushed it to market and you can tell with the 4 hour battery life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    Umm, what?!

1. LTE will be a HUGE factor. Are you insane?!

2. The processor has been dramatically changed in all previous iPhones. A4? A5?

3. EVERY Android device's processors are underclocked...hence overclocking with ROMs! Herp derp.

4. Wanna talk about things that aren major factors? NFC. NOT major. Not even kinda.

5. Screen size. That's about your only leg to stand on here.

Android doesn't innovate. They rush things to market and "Me-too" everything Apple does. They didn't invent LTE. They rushed it to market and you can tell with the 4 hour battery life.
    I agree with these statements. Very well spoken. +1

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12