Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g Posts 5.1.1 Jailbreak FAQ, Jailbreak Still Weeks Away

Default Pod2g Posts 5.1.1 Jailbreak FAQ, Jailbreak Still Weeks Away

Pod2g posted a 5.1.x untethered jailbreak FAQ today in response to the massive number of emails and tweets asking about the state of the jailbreak.

For those who follow pod2g (everyone) you know that every other tweet usually consists of “release the JB NOW OMG!!!” The biggest take away from the FAQ is have some patience. It takes time to compile the jailbreak into an easy to use and stable tool that users can use to install the jailbreak on their devices.

Also, the jailbreak, when it is released, will be compatible with any device running iOS 5.1.1 except the iPod 3G, iPhone 3GS, and ATV3. This could change by the time the jailbreak is released. Apparently the jailbreak would work on the ATV3 if they had “a way to inject the files,” but, so far pod2g and company haven’t found a way.

Here is the FAQ in its entirety:

• The poll about releasing now or waiting for 6.0 ended with a 64% / 33% to release ASAP. Where is the link ? ETA ? How much % done ? etc.

As I said earlier in twitter, there's still a lot to do to have a user friendly and well tested tool to install the jailbreak on end users devices. Expect a release in a couple of weeks.

• Will it be compatible with my ?

It will be compatible with any device running iOS 5.1.1 except iPod 3G, iPhone 3Gs and ATV3 (right now, may change in a near future, nobody knows).

• Why is it so slow to release now that the iPad 3,1 has been demoed ?

There are 16 different devices out there to work on and to test. It takes time.

• May I be a beta tester ?

No, sorry. Only really trusted people (that can be counted on one hand) could have access to the jailbreak. I don't want any leak to happen.

• What if I offer you 1,000,000$ ?

That doesn't change a thing.
    Source: pod2g
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 05-14-2012 at 10:20 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phillip Swanson For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (05-15-2012), Shad0wM0nk3y (05-14-2012)

Could be next week:-

(Info from pod2g's blog)

http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecco.../conference-2/
    Last edited by ady199; 05-14-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Love the last FAQ

Sweet! Thanks Pod2g!

People really need to show some respect to these guys!!

p0d2G .........great job man and the last 2 lines...good ans

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I love these guys

I was one of the masses who voted in favor of "RELEASE IT ASAP". This was largely due to the fact I was forced to restore in order to fix my phone.

However, now that the ability to downgrade for A5 users has been publicly released, I wish I could change my vote.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not that hard to wait for a JB to be released. If the hacker wasn't working on it in the first place then there wouldn't ever be one! So just wait patiently for him to finish it up, it's not that difficult! He's putting his own time into the project, be respectful of that. Thanks Pod2g!!

Please some one advise me I am on 5.1 on 4s should I update to 5.1.1 or no

Thanks

I would stay at 5.1

I still think that they should wait. iOS 6 could easily be released at WWDC in a few weeks. As much as I miss a jailbreak on my iPad 3, I still think that they shouldn't blow exploits for 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by saleen_GT View Post
    Please some one advise me I am on 5.1 on 4s should I update to 5.1.1 or no
    No.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Looking forward to getting the JB on my iPad 3,1 running iOS 5.1.1! I think I'm going to go ahead and update my iPhone 4...or maybe not I don't know....

But I'm excited about this jailbreak even if it means we have to wait a little longer for the iOS 6.0 jailbreak when that is released.

Thanks

Cool, much needed post/FAQ. Some people are too desperate.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Great work Pod2g & the many other iOS hackers that are behind the scenes working diligently to ensure all of us get the jailbreak (based on pod2g's tweets it seems at least 2 or 3 others were involved in finding exploits, I could be wrong). It's unfortunate that New BootROM 3Gs owners will seemingly be left without an untethered jailbreak, but I have a feeling this is how future jailbreaks will be. Some devices will get a JB while older devices just do not work with the new techniques. Luckily I still have my old bootROM 3Gs, so it's just a matter of when I want to update (& if I want to keep using iBooks), but still, I hope that someone is sitting on a bootROM exploit that they'll release soon after "The New iPhone" is released this fall (this hope is slightly self-serving since that's when I plan to upgrade).

Great news Hope is near. Cant wait to jailbreak my ip 4s

Thanks

If ya have the blobs for 5.0.1 you can downgrade to that?

Can't wait...these guys are very thoughtful of us to show us the progress of the JB and for that We should always be grateful...thanks pod2g...ready to donate

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    If ya have the blobs for 5.0.1 you can downgrade to that?
    Yes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast