+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supposed Photos of the Next iPhone's Headphone Jack and Earpiece Components Emerge

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
More photos of alleged parts for the upcoming iPhone 5, or new iPhone or whatever Apple decides to call it have started to surface. The two photos reveal that the
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Supposed Photos of the Next iPhone's Headphone Jack and Earpiece Components Emerge

More photos of alleged parts for the upcoming iPhone 5, or new iPhone or whatever Apple decides to call it have started to surface.

The two photos reveal that the new iPhone will in fact have a headphone jack, Wi-Fi components and an ear-piece from which users can hear other people talk. Sarcasm aside, the leaked photos do show the components show significant design differences from the internals of the current iPhone 4 and 4S.

The headphone jack, earpiece, and Wi-Fi components appear to be all attached together. The iPhone 4 and 4S have the headphone jack attached to the volume buttons and mute switch in the upper left corner of the phone.

The leaked component photo list now includes:

• Home Button
    • SIM Tray
    • Earpiece
    • Headphone Jack
    • Wi-Fi Components

Hopefully the redesigned internals will result in redesigned externals. The iPhone 4/4S is a beautiful device, but its time for something new. Although, the revamped internals could be a result of the new A6 processor and 4G LTE communication chipsets supposedly making their way into the new iPhone.

Source: AppleInsider
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 05-14-2012 at 08:53 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't know enough about the size of these components, but can anything be inferred about the potential width of the next iPhone? I guess if they just choose to increase the screen it would still be the same, but was curious.

Thanks

It looks big, but a lot of this will be folded and attached to other pieces of the devices CPU so the size of this is irrelevant.

Thanks

I'd love an increased screen size...so long as it stays 3:2 ratio. As a developer, it would be a pain to format for original iPhone ratio, new iPhone ratio, and iPad ratio. Suppose they could make phone a 4:3 ratio and allow for some downscaling to use same format of iPad images and layout on new iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No redesign. A5X chip. 3.7" screen (maybe). Redesigned internals are most likely to accommodate a larger/thicker battery to accommodate the increased power usage from the LTE chip.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    I'd love an increased screen size...so long as it stays 3:2 ratio. As a developer, it would be a pain to format for original iPhone ratio, new iPhone ratio, and iPad ratio. Suppose they could make phone a 4:3 ratio and allow for some downscaling to use same format of iPad images and layout on new iPhone.
    Well any developer worth their salt shouldn't have an issue changing things if need be. I don't really care how they make it bigger as long as they do as it's time for at least a choice of a larger screen. Keep it 3:2 or change it to some other number, I don't really care.

Thanks

Im hoping the phone does not increase in size..what are we going back to the "Zach Morris" brick phone?? haha! Keep the same size but go edge to edge with the screen..well that's my opinion. I don't like the size of the droids..too big. If you need a big screen, get an iPad. BTW the article says 2 pictures, where is the other picture? I don't have anything to reference..?