+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 5/7 - 5/13

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 5/7 - 5/13

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of May 7th until today, May 13th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. Dashboard X - $1.99

Dashboard X is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Ori Kadosh. Dashboard X gives us the ability to place iOS’ Notification Center widgets almost anywhere we want them to be outside of Notification Center. It comes with two main interfaces – home screen view and also dashboard view. Home screen view is the view that allows you to place any Notification Center widgets on the home screen amongst your application icons and dashboard view is the view that allows you to invoke an Activator action to view all your widgets from anywhere, even inside of applications. Dashboard X supports not only Notification Center widgets, but also some special widgets made just for Dashboard X.

2. Homescreen Contacts - $1.99

Homescreen Contacts is a cool new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer yeahwangy. Homescreen Contacts makes it easier to set contact speed dials by allowing you to put the most important contacts on your iPhone right on your home screen. The tweak includes a very nice interface that appears to be built off of the linen folder interface and makes it easy to distinguish between contact icons and application icons by placing custom badges on them. The badges can be removed if you don’t like them. The contacts are easily placed on the home screen via a button at the bottom of the contact information from the Contacts application.

3. DoNotDisturb - FREE

DoNotDisturb is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Rudolf Lichtner. DoNotDisturb is a hybrid between a jailbreak tweak and a widget. The widget allows you to toggle a switch from Notification Center to automatically mute all of iOS’ notifications. Badges and Notification Center alerts will continue to stack so you don’t miss them, however lock screen notifications and sounds will be blocked so the iPhone sitting on your nightstand right next to your bed won’t wake up you up at night as you doze off. Turning the switch back off again will allow the iPhone to resume its usual notification functions.

4. BatteryInfo for Notification Center - 99

BatteryInfo for Notification Center is a new jailbreak widget by iOS developer Chef von Australien. BatteryInfo for Notification Center has a very detailed interface for allowing the user to view information about their iOS device’s battery. It includes information such as charge, capacity, amount of charge cycles, and even the temperature. All packed together into a neat interface, this widget boasts informative statistics that can help users decide when it’s time to get a new battery. The only major drawback might be the size of the widget.

5. AutoProtect - FREE

AutoProtect is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer FlloTouch. AutoProtect aims to make entering your pass code less of a pain by making your iOS device more aware of when it could be in danger or not. The tweak allows you to enter your home’s Wi-Fi name and whenever your iOS device connects to a wireless network with the Wi-Fi name of the one you entered, iOS will not ask you for a pass code. This means that you don’t have to waste any time entering pass codes when your iOS device is in a low risk area like at home. When the iOS device connects to any Wi-Fi network besides the one you have entered, iOS will continue to ask for your pass code as usual, which means you can ensure security anywhere away from home.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on ModMyi!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 05-13-2012 at 05:35 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (05-13-2012)

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Dashboard X definitely the best

HomeSpringPage should have been on the list IMO
    Last edited by iPod; 05-13-2012 at 07:15 PM.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Banned
    Thanks

I find it wrong to charge for apps in Cydia.
    Jailbreaking is free, cydia is free so why make money off something thats free?
    If you want to make money from iPhone apps thats what the app store is for.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    it takes hours to dev, they could be working making money. u sound super stupid

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel ya... It's like how the Internet if free but ISP's charge for access. Bastrards! Lol. Get real. The people that put their hard work into apps and tweaks and make them worlds better and 10x's more useful that anything stock or from the app store...those are the people that deserve our money, not the makers of the 1,000th background app. smh.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

Clearly you don't work and you're still in school. You've got a lot to learn still it sounds like but thats okay.

Wrong to charge? It's laughable.

What do you wanna be when you grow up? A car mechanic? Should you give oil changes for free? You gunna fix my transmission free of charge?

Bro people spend their time and their talents making things in cydia. They have every right to and dang well should be making some money.

But like I said its okay that you don't understand this yet. Once you work a day in your life you will.
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

NakedFaerie----

You are a moron dude. It takes a lot of effort and time to develop theae apps. These people are working hard to make our phones more usable everyday . So stop complaining of what they charge to get it.. If you are broke and dont have money to get it, don't get it.
    You don't work for free do you ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Man my name is Marin Anthony Boucher

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBMacNChz View Post
    it takes hours to dev, they could be working making money. u sound super stupid
    I couldn't agree more with what you said just please try to find a reasonable price range anywhere between 1-5 dollars is fine with me

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

dude, so wrong. you have a choice to not buy, so either pay up or get on the free tweaks. w/out paid apps the jb community would diminish. if you ever become a dev, and try to stick to your principal of free, you'll be broke in weeks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello, sorry but what's the name of the wallpapers used on home screen contacts and dashboard X, thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Seriously I don't even understand why people even bother feeding this troller. Simply ignore them and they will go away.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by christianbaw View Post
    hello, sorry but what's the name of the wallpapers used on home screen contacts and dashboard X, thanks
    You're hilarious. Go look it up in chit chat if you really want to know

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iPod For This Useful Post:

dopeyrat (05-14-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, so when you go to work (if you even have a job) and your payday comes around, tell your boss to throw away your check... I mean, it was free to enter his office, so why should you get paid???? Listen, while true it is free to jailbreak & Cydia is free to develop on, these folks use their time, intelligence, & effort to bring us some great options to our phones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I find it amusing that every time there's a new discussion a noobie just comes up with the question...
    "I'm sorry but what's the theme's name in the background?". Btw is called idrops.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by christianbaw View Post
    Are you trolling? Its the default wallpaper these days and is available from the wallpaper section in settings.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i have a "friend" who tries to get everything for free. i hate being around that guy. unfortunately, i live on an island
    btw, does anyone know which apps costs the most? so far, the 12 bucks i paid for iblacklist is my personal record. ... and i'm loving every cent i paid for it. (my cellular provider does what the intelli people charge 20 bucks for.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 20BLUR11 View Post
    Are you trolling? Its the default wallpaper these days and is available from the wallpaper section in settings.
    It's not the stock wallpaper
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 20BLUR11 View Post
    Are u trolling to me???? this is not the stock wallpaper dummi, -.- this is more beautiful LOOK IN YOUR SETTINGS ...

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    It's not the stock wallpaper
    u have right, is not, i was looking in google and seems to be "drops wallpaper" or somthing but i can't find this one. thanks anyway

Thanks

Yay, you've brought over your ignorance and trolling from the PSP Scene...