Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] BatteryInfo for Notification Center - Detailed Battery Information

Default [Review] BatteryInfo for Notification Center - Detailed Battery Information

Battery information is always a mystery with iOS. The iPhone and iPad offer battery percentage indicator options and the iPod touch does not. Jailbreaking brings the battery percentage indicator option to the iPod touch, but does it really say enough about the battery? There are applications in the App Store that can also offer more information about the battery, such as helpful tips for keeping the battery in its best shape and also letting you know how long the battery can last in certain situations, however, who wants another useless application cluttering their home screen?

A new Notification Center widget is available in Cydia dubbed BatteryInfo for Notification Center by iOS developer Chef von Australien. The widget, shown in the screenshot above, is extremely detailed. It offers a lot of information about the battery that regular iOS users and even more advanced iOS users can use. The best part is that no useless battery applications are added to the home screen in the process of installing this Notification Center widget.

The widget's extensive battery information includes:
    • Live battery charge indicator
    • Current charge (in milliampere-hour (mAh))
    • Maximum charge (in milliampere-hour (mAh))
    • True battery percentage (in accuracy of hundredths)
    • The current state of the battery whether discharging or charging
    • Current capacity (in milliampere-hour (mAh))
    • Design capacity (in milliampere-hour (mAh))
    • Amount of load cycles (charge cycles)
    • Temperature of the battery
    • Battery health

The widget fits snugly into Notification Center with one major drawback the size. If you use a lot of Notification Center widgets, then this one takes up a lot of space and it will be difficult to get them all fitting on one screen. For IntelliScreenX (by Intelliborn) users, this widget makes a great addition to the top shelf. It also works great with the recently reviewed Dashboard X tweak by Ori Kadosh.

With all the information the widget offers for the end user, the 99 price tag is well worth the investment for any iOS user concerned with the health, condition, and charge of their battery.

Name: BatteryInfo for Notification Center
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Chef von Australien
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Cydia

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Someone was just asking about a tweak like this. I like it gonna give it a try.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Someone was just asking about a tweak like this. I like it gonna give it a try.
    Lol you're right. What a coincidence
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine appears to be quite inaccurate. It says its design capacity is 930 mAh, and it's charge capacity is also 930. However that can't be possible. I've had this device since christmas 2010 and it's had heavy usage. Great tweak but slightly flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
    Mine appears to be quite inaccurate. It says its design capacity is 930 mAh, and it's charge capacity is also 930. However that can't be possible. I've had this device since christmas 2010 and it's had heavy usage. Great tweak but slightly flawed.
    Unfortunately it's not flawed. Those values are what the device is reporting to iOS and even Battery Detective from Cydia will show you identical info. It seems as though the hardware isn't capable of tracking anything but charge cycles and current charge, current maximum capacity and design capacity are the same on all my devices. That goes for my iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G as well as my iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G and my iPad. So it's not the software it's the hardware which is incorrect unfortunately.

Thanks
    Weather report on the screen shot doesn't look to bright...

On the other hand, I was curious how many times mine has been charged since I got it. Nice tweak.