Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] RainBoard - Bring Some Rain to SpringBoard

Default [Review] RainBoard - Bring Some Rain to SpringBoard

Is SpringBoard too sunny for you? Add some rain to it! As the old saying goes, 'April showers bring May flowers.' April has come and gone and it's May now. If you miss the rain, then iOS developer VincenzoBB has just released a new free jailbreak tweak on the Cydia store dubbed RainBoard. The tweak ultimately gives you the ability to toggle raindrops on your home screen using some buttons. As indicated by the animated screenshot above, the raindrops are animated and they will appear to fall down the screen as a raindrop would in the real world.

The tweak comes with two buttons on the home screen, an up and a down arrow. Tapping on the down arrow appears to toggle the raindrops falling down and tapping on the up arrow appears to toggle the raindrops falling up (what?). The tweak also comes with a preferences pane that allows you to adjust the size of each of the raindrops and choose an activator action to toggling the up and down arrows at your leisure so they don’t become a distraction on your home screen.

The preferences pane, shown above, has the aforementioned options for changing the size of the raindrops and for choosing an Activator action for the tweak. The switch right above the Activator action selector allows you to choose whether or not to hide the arrow buttons when the Activator action is invoked. The buttons will remain hidden when the tweak is inactive and will show again when you activate the tweak.

Graphically, the animations are very smooth, however the raindrops are not even the slightest bit appealing on the home screen. The icons are not only choppy, but the free-floating raindrop graphics don’t fit in with the theme of iOS being smooth and organized. The toggle buttons also get in the way of the top-left application icon and don’t always work correctly when tapped.

RainBoard is not a functionally useful tweak and seems to be made only for entertainment purposes. The tweak is free so there is nothing to be lost if you don’t like it. Feel free to give it a test run and report back with your results!

Name: RainBoard
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 4+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: VincenzoBB
    Editor's Rating: / 1.5/5

Sources: VincenzoBB

Thanks

Downloaded it but doesn't work with Iconoclasm
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

I was kind of expecting some realistic looking raindrops.. Not uh.. This.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Downloaded it but doesn't work with Iconoclasm
    Ah, of course! I was wondering why it wouldn't do anything...

... A four year old could make this.. A five year old could have made it look realistic...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

This has got to be a joke. I bet it does something malicious in the background because that looks ******* shite.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

What the heck?

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Guys, don't hate! This guy is just predicting the future. When Apple takes over the world, apps filled with water WILL FALL from the sky.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
    Ah, of course! I was wondering why it wouldn't do anything...
    yeah, maybe in the next update.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Another useful app reviewed by Bouchard...pinnacle of journalism...

More junk to clog up and crash the iPhone.

Oh no, I'm going to complain about something that was free that I can easily, instantly delete off my device....

On another note, it would be cool to have something like this that works with yahoo weather or something: I.E.- if it's supposed to rain, it'll rain on your springboard. If it's supposed to be windy, leaves will fly across your screen, etc.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, this is so bad, hahaha.

This gives me a idea for a new weekly/bi-weekly post. You guys already do a best tweaks of the week article......how about adding a worst tweaks of the week article. I would read it for a good laugh! And this tweak would definitely be #1 this week for the "Worst tweak of the week"!!
    El Zurdo

Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post
    Oh no, I'm going to complain about something that was free that I can easily, instantly delete off my device....

On another note, it would be cool to have something like this that works with yahoo weather or something: I.E.- if it's supposed to rain, it'll rain on your springboard. If it's supposed to be windy, leaves will fly across your screen, etc.
    +1!
    Constructive critazism is always better than disrespect.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post

the HTC weather widget used with PerPageHtml can do this

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way