+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two Great, Free Dashboard X Widgets Now Available On Cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you checked out our review of Ori Kadosh ’s new Dashboard X jailbreak tweak, which allows you to remove Notification Center widgets from Notification Center and dedicate Notification Center
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Two Great, Free Dashboard X Widgets Now Available On Cydia

If you checked out our review of Ori Kadosh’s new Dashboard X jailbreak tweak, which allows you to remove Notification Center widgets from Notification Center and dedicate Notification Center to notifications only by creating a separate interface for widgets, then chances are you were wondering when widgets would start being made just for the sole purpose of Dashboard X. It seems widgets are being developed for Dashboard X already and they look great!

Shown above are two new Dashboard X widgets – the first one is a very nice-looking clock and right below it is a quick composition widget for Twitter. The clock widget was created by iOS developer Ori Kadosh himself, dubbed Clock Widget (for Dashboard X). The Twitter widget was created by iOS developer Ron Melkhior, dubbed Dashtweet.

Both of these widgets are free from Cydia, however you will still need to shell out $1.99 for Dashboard X to use them because these widgets are not compatible with Notification Center. The widgets will work on the home screen where you might also be using Dashboard X’s home screen feature apart from the Activator-based Dashboard interface, which pulls up a transparent layer with widgets on it over whatever you might be doing. The dashboard interface is shown above on the left, while the screenshot on the right demonstrates home screen view.

Functionally, the clock widget doesn’t do anything, but it sits very pretty on the home screen as a nice-looking clock. The Twitter widget on the other hand is easy to use. You are limited to 140 characters as usual and when you finish typing you just tap on the Twitter button and a prompt will ask you if you want to Tweet the text – tap on yes to Tweet it. The Twitter widget will require access to the Twitter account you are signed into with iOS 5. The Twitter widget is also simple and looks good!

For free widgets, these are pretty awesome and you should grab these if you are using Dashboard X. The good news is even though these widgets appear to have the potential to fill up the iPhone’s small screen very quickly, you can put widgets on different home screen pages, so you are barely limited in space at all.

Dashboard X appears to be a new trend for jailbreaking and we can expect many more Dashboard X widgets in the future!

Sources: Ori Kadosh and Ron Melkhior

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

nice..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

I'm still not convinced with dashboardx. I prefer the looks and accessibility of winterboard widgets.

Thanks

I just bought dashboard X. But it Curia wont let me install it.
    D:
    cydia.myrepospace.com/AngryPIG/

Thanks

Apple widgets like stocks and weather only fetch info when you pin them, so they don't really work

Green Apple
    Thanks
    wuht if you're running intelliscreenx ??????? mehh - hating on people who have money to spend? i see ;x lol - obviously playing around but still lets get the hook up too - chyeah

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by headstrain0z View Post
    wuht if you're running intelliscreenx ??????? mehh - hating on people who have money to spend? i see ;x lol - obviously playing around but still lets get the hook up too - chyeah
    Speak proper English :s and if you read the other forum about dashboard x you'd see that it is supported.

Banned
    Thanks

another Android wanna be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Dude, you're always talking about Android!
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Oh yes and should we point out what android wants from ios? Kids like you shouldn't even read this forum.. Let alone go out of your way to comment. On it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ByteArt View Post
    Apple widgets like stocks and weather only fetch info when you pin them, so they don't really work
    Yeah, what's up with that?? I D/L Dashboard X so I can really just run the weather widget on my home screen, and it doesn't update. Stuck on the temp that was there when I pinned it. Lame...... (Unless I'm missing something here).

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InDashMP3 View Post
    Yeah, what's up with that?? I D/L Dashboard X so I can really just run the weather widget on my home screen, and it doesn't update. Stuck on the temp that was there when I pinned it. Lame...... (Unless I'm missing something here).
    The dev said its a known bug and he's working on it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotzaiPhone View Post
    The dev said its a known bug and he's working on it.
    Thanks! I missed that part. Looking forward to the update!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I think dashboard x widgets should be backwards compatible with notification center.

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Dude, you're always talking about Android!
    Lol I think you scared him away

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InDashMP3 View Post
    Same problem here. Which, makes the clock widget pretty useless. I'm thinking there must be an unresolved issue? I mean, for the developer to make a clock widget, it must be that they are supposed to refresh regularly.

Thanks

By the way in the description for dash tweet it says your not limited to 140 characters as you can use pastie or something...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What sting do I edit to get it to show 24h instead of the one that is set?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Absentmindful View Post
    Same problem here. Which, makes the clock widget pretty useless. I'm thinking there must be an unresolved issue? I mean, for the developer to make a clock widget, it must be that they are supposed to refresh regularly.
    If you turn off interaction when you set it, it will update. So, as long as you don't care too much about the week view for the widget, you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Harjus View Post
    What sting do I edit to get it to show 24h instead of the one that is set?
    I did some exploring, and it looks like the clock widget grabs its info from the stock iOS clock. So, if you go to settings>general>date and time, and switch 24 hour time on, the widget should reflect that. (just make sure you have interaction off when you first pin the widget, otherwise the time won't update)
    Last edited by Absentmindful; 05-16-2012 at 11:49 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

With the new update, the clock will now update at all after I lock the phone and re-open it. Regardless of if I have the interaction slider on or off. Sad really, I'm missing that nice clock.

Also too, now that the weather widget works, it seems other widgets like WeeTrackData have stopped working for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Absentmindful View Post
    If you turn off interaction when you set it, it will update. So, as long as you don't care too much about the week view for the widget, you're good to go.

I did some exploring, and it looks like the clock widget grabs its info from the stock iOS clock. So, if you go to settings>general>date and time, and switch 24 hour time on, the widget should reflect that. (just make sure you have interaction off when you first pin the widget, otherwise the time won't update)
    The clock still refuses to change the time to 24h time format for some reason.