+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.11b1 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I swear to the almighty I just got this 4S with 5.1 preloaded onto it about 2-3 weeks ago i downloaded redsn0w thinking I could downgrade instead it updated me
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I swear to the almighty I just got this 4S with 5.1 preloaded onto it about 2-3 weeks ago i downloaded redsn0w thinking I could downgrade instead it updated me to 5.1.1 I was pissed off ...then I was looking through the settings and saw shsh blob stitching so I found a blob from the 4S that got warrantied swapped out for 5.0.1 I said eff it I got nothing to lose so I did a stitch picked the 5.0.1 ispw the one with 6 not 5 took about 3 tries went to use the bathroom then went back to my Mac and I almost fainted...downgrade successful!!!!

Thanks

More likely it was a recon which had already had its blobs save and they were the ones that were used.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    More likely it was a recon which had already had its blobs save and they were the ones that were used.
    Huh?

Thanks

If the phone is a reconditioned phone (ie - pre-owned) it is quite possible that the previous owner had saved the blobs on Cydia and it was the blobs saved by the previous owner that were used.

It is not possible to use the blobs from another phone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If the phone is a reconditioned phone (ie - pre-owned) it is quite possible that the previous owner had saved the blobs on Cydia and it was the blobs saved by the previous owner that were used.

It is not possible to use the blobs from another phone.
    Ooooh that is very possible...ok now answer this.... Why is my old 4Ss euid the same as the swapped one? Like I said I saved the blobs from my old 4S I did a restore from when I backed up my old 4S to my new one...and ever since then the euid has been the same I forgot to mention I stitched from local because remote wouldn't work for me.. It took 3 tries the first 2 kept saying something about blobs not matching device or something ...also I tried to save my 5.1.1 blobs and it said it was too late it wouldn't let me the only blobs that it would recognize was 5.1 I put it in restore mode also on redsn0w and said 4S not supported yet...oh yea and there was like 2 times where it would do the downgrade process load file systems and everything it would finish but I wouldn't get any type of confirmation my phone would just be stuck in restore mode I tried to update on iTunes but it gave me an error about device not eligible for update..I used redsn0 w to update back to 5.1.1 that's when I noticed that the euid on my new 4S was the same as the blobs saved on my Mac...also the name of my iPhone is the same name as one of the blobs "HustlePhone" because after re updating to 5.1.1 I restored to backup on iTunes and that was from my old 4S
    Last edited by chilo420; 05-22-2012 at 06:30 AM.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chilo420 View Post
    Ooooh that is very possible...ok now answer this.... Why is my old 4Ss euid the same as the swapped one? Like I said I saved the blobs from my old 4S I did a restore from when I backed up my old 4S to my new one...and ever since then the euid has been the same I forgot to mention I stitched from local because remote wouldn't work for me.. It took 3 tries the first 2 kept saying something about blobs not matching device or something ...also I tried to save my 5.1.1 blobs and it said it was too late it wouldn't let me the only blobs that it would recognize was 5.1 I put it in restore mode also on redsn0w and said 4S not supported yet...oh yea and there was like 2 times where it would do the downgrade process load file systems and everything it would finish but I wouldn't get any type of confirmation my phone would just be stuck in restore mode I tried to update on iTunes but it gave me an error about device not eligible for update..I used redsn0 w to update back to 5.1.1 that's when I noticed that the euid on my new 4S was the same as the blobs saved on my Mac...also the name of my iPhone is the same name as one of the blobs "HustlePhone" because after re updating to 5.1.1 I restored to backup on iTunes and that was from my old 4S
    no 2 iphones have the same EUID, that is impossible, are you sure they didnt just bring your old 4s into the backroom, did their "magic" and bought you out a "seemingly" new one, but was actually the same one you bought it?

That was most likely the case, which is why you were able to restore again, because its the same phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^ what he said is most likely the case.

lmfao tho!
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    no 2 iphones have the same EUID, that is impossible, are you sure they didnt just bring your old 4s into the backroom, did their "magic" and bought you out a "seemingly" new one, but was actually the same one you bought it?

That was most likely the case, which is why you were able to restore again, because its the same phone
    But the one I returned I ripped the digitizer cable on top of that when they returned it they brought me back a iPhone with effin dirt along the sides the. He tried to say they don't come off the line like that...I got mad and said check the effin cameras I been standing ere for 2 minutes after just receiving I was like look my hands aren't dirty (good thing I used their sanitizer before I handled the phone so I made them go back there and they brought a new one from the back in a small black plastic box with a white sticker label wrapped around it... They had to break the seal to open the box

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chilo420 View Post
    But the one I returned I ripped the digitizer cable on top of that when they returned it they brought me back a iPhone with effin dirt along the sides the. He tried to say they don't come off the line like that...I got mad and said check the effin cameras I been standing ere for 2 minutes after just receiving I was like look my hands aren't dirty (good thing I used their sanitizer before I handled the phone so I made them go back there and they brought a new one from the back in a small black plastic box with a white sticker label wrapped around it... They had to break the seal to open the box
    Maybe they're magicians and did their "sleight of hands" to make your old 4s appear in a sealed box??

Something bout this doesnt add up, and I should know, I'm a mathematician

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    Maybe they're magicians and did their "sleight of hands" to make your old 4s appear in a sealed box??

Something bout this doesnt add up, and I should know, I'm a mathematician
    That's what I said ...idk but I'm not complaining tho!!!!!

What's Jailbreak? Michelle Ahern's Avatar
    Thanks

Absolutely, they gave him same phone back no other answer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Ahern View Post
    Absolutely, they gave him same phone back no other answer.
    Yea that's the only logical thing I can think of...they probably just replaced the screen and reput some screws in I put it back together all messed up...lol they were like did u try to install a screen I looked at them all confused and was like you can swap out the screen? They were like I've never seen a phone like this before lol I was in a hurry..had a good 4 screws missing Lol and a big screw at the top by the camera i started sweating like dang I'm caught lol

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345