+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] DoNotDisturb - Want A Break From All Those Notifications?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] DoNotDisturb - Want A Break From All Those Notifications?

You’re laying down comfortably on your bed, about to fall asleep – all of a sudden a notification fires off on your iPhone, which is laying on the nightstand next to your bed and disrupts you from dozing off. Does this sound familiar? It happens all too often to several people. Are you about to delete some of your Facebook friends because they keep commenting back and forth on your photo and keep blowing up your iPhone with notifications? Don’t! – At least not yet. There’s a better way to deal with this situation than becoming friendless on Facebook.

If you want peace and quiet at night when you’re sleeping or you don’t want to be bothered when you are doing something important, then Rudolf Lichtner has a nice free jailbreak tweak for you, dubbed DoNotDisturb.

DoNotDisturb is basically a hybrid between a jailbreak tweak and a Notification Center widget. In all irony, even though the “widget” is called a widget, it has more to do with notifications than it does with being a widget. The widget basically has a switch on it, as shown above, for enabling and disabling DoNotDisturb. When disabled, you will receive notifications as usual. When enabled, all notifications will be suppressed to so you can have some peace and quiet.

After installing DoNotDisturb from Cydia, you will need to navigate to your Notifications preferences pane from the Settings application and drag the DoNotDisturb widget into Notification Center to enable the widget. You can disable the widget at any time by dragging it out of Notification Center from this preferences pane.

The little widget from Notification Center is so simple that it looks pretty good being there. That being said, it is decent from an appearance point of view. Functionally, the tweak works great, suppressing all notifications until you disable the tweak again. Banners and sounds will not appear or be heard, however Notification Center and icon badges will continue to stack your notifications. The good news is that the screen will not light up while idled on your nightstand!

If you're tired of obtrusive notifications, but you don't want to limit your internet access by entering Airplane Mode, then be sure to give this free jailbreak tweak a try!

Name: DoNotDisturb
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Rudolf Lichtner
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Rudolf Lichtner

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does this include text messages as well? and does the alarm override this just like it would override silent mode?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EastBayBeast510 View Post
    does this include text messages as well? and does the alarm override this just like it would override silent mode?
    It prevents all Notifications from annoying the User (;
    This Tweak has nothing to do with Silent Mode, so obviously Alarm overrides it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would assume it would suppress any notification at all that would show up in notification center. Only way to tell is to test it yourself! I might try this out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Rudolf, so long as this works and blocks all notifications this is exactly what I need. When you turn it off, will all notifications you blocked come in?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

How about just turning you phone off? Wow there a thought! :-0

Green Apple
    Thanks
    They will be in the Notification Center, but there won't be any new Banners popping up 1000 times.

iPhone? More like MyPhone LTechTalk's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool tweak

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Will put this tweak on the must try out list.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    How about just turning you phone off? Wow there a thought! :-0
    Some of us are on tethered jailbreaks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

would be great if a SB Settings toggle could be created to allow this to be automatically enabled/disabled at specific times of day.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rud0lf77 View Post
    They will be in the Notification Center, but there won't be any new Banners popping up 1000 times.
    Rhmjr mentioned this, but I second it - is there any chance this could be added as a toggle for SB Profiles/etc so we can have this fire at specific times? That would be a dream. I'd totally pay for that!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does anyone know if there is something similar but for sbsettings?

My iPhone is a Part of Me idle0095's Avatar
    Thanks

doesn't work for me. my phone still made noises all night saying i had email. didn't show the lock screen notification but the noise alone is what killed this app.

Thanks

This need a scheduling function (native or hook). I.e. "Activate @ 9:00PM, Disable @ 8:00AM...

Thanks

Downloading and testing now. This is great...I always get woken up by buzzing from my phone but also use it as an Alarm Clock so silent mode doesn't work since the phone will still buzz for notifications...if I turn vibrate off then I might miss my alarm clock altogether.

My iPhone is a Part of Me idle0095's Avatar
    Thanks

Its weird because it will work for everything else but my email sound. I wonder why? Going to email dev.

Thanks

I installed it and removed it , because the size on the notification center is too big. And there is no way to adjust it. But then it began.... 2 blank icons ( App store & Cydia ) , iPod ( from the iPhone 4s ) function gone, the phone start ringing aloud with headphones plugged in, no more blue tooth connection with the car and so on. Disturbed ? Very, this smells like restore in the morning. So you know.
    Last edited by Anarchy23; 05-12-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by idle0095 View Post
    Its weird because it will work for everything else but my email sound. I wonder why? Going to email dev.
    This is probably because you might use a diffent Cydia app for notifications. Mail Enhancer by any chance?
    Also does not work with PushTone or BiteSMS

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy23 View Post
    I installed it and removed it , because the size on the notification center is too big. And there is no way to adjust it. But then it began.... 2 blank icons ( App store & Cydia ) , iPod ( from the iPhone 4s ) function gone, the phone start ringing aloud with headphones plugged in, no more blue tooth connection with the car and so on. Disturbed ? Very, this smells like restore in the morning. So you know.
    If you go to notifications in Settings you can move the DoNotDisturb row to the Bottom. that way it can stay out of your way
    Last edited by decoy88; 05-15-2012 at 01:38 PM.