+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile's Latest Ad Campaign Takes Shots at iPhone, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
T-Mobile is an interesting position. The company continues to hint at their efforts to make their network iPhone compatible, but at the same time must directly compete with other carriers
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default T-Mobile's Latest Ad Campaign Takes Shots at iPhone, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint

T-Mobile is an interesting position. The company continues to hint at their efforts to make their network iPhone compatible, but at the same time must directly compete with other carriers who have the iPhone.

Solution? Come up with an ad campaign that blasts the carrier more than it does Apple’s device and imply that Apple’s device, or any device for that matter, would be faster on your network.

The new campaign offer users the ability to pit the speed of Apple’s iPhone 4S on any network (Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint) against the Samsung Galaxy S II on T-Mobile’s network. To the layman the trouncing of Apple’s iPhone in every test could constitute proof of the SII’s superiority and and the superiority of T-Mobile's 4G network. However, to the knowledgeable gadget owner T-Mobile’s tests are incredibly disingenuous.

In order for T-Mobile’s test to be fair they would have to test the 4G Galaxy S II against another 4G capable phone operating on either AT&T’s, Verizon’s, or Sprint’s 4G networks. The iPhone itself isn’t a true 4G device and only earns the “4G” status on AT&Ts faux-4G HSPA+ network. While the download speeds are faster than EVDO Rev A, it still pales in comparison to LTE 4G networks.

Despite the sly marketing tactics, T-Mobile is careful in the direction of it’s comparison’s. They want to emphasize how fast their network is, not how much better the Galaxy S II than the iPhone (although it is inferred anyway). Expect more ads like the one above until T-Mobile can tout an iPhone of their own later this year.

Source: BGR, T-Mobile
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 05-09-2012 at 04:28 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually, does TMo even have LTE? I thought they were still sporting a faux-4G as well (HSPA+20 or some crap?)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Instead of wasting money on add campaigns why not try an come up with a better network? Then again what do I know

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoloDiva13 View Post
    Actually, does TMo even have LTE? I thought they were still sporting a faux-4G as well (HSPA+20 or some crap?)
    You're actually right, but it is considerably faster than AT&Ts 14Mbps HSPA

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What a master plan... Rag on the phone you are going to be selling in a couple months.. Almost as smart as google plus:P

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrLingerLonger View Post
    Instead of wasting money on add campaigns why not try an come up with a better network? Then again what do I know
    Lol. Right

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't need proof that T-Mobile's network is faster, I need proof that the T-Mobile girl actually eats.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

It's an unfaoir test. Verizon iPhone 4S or any other 3g device will obviously be slower. Try this test with a Droid Razr Maxx. Uh-oh tmobile...

Thanks

If it was the sgs2, it's a fair test. If it was the sgs2 Hercules, the test was shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by brodimus View Post
    I don't need proof that T-Mobile's network is faster, I need proof that the T-Mobile girl actually eats.
    More than once a week.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I love how the guy says "See how fast T-Mobile CAN be", so what this is theoretical data speeds? T-Mobile doesn't even have LTE, so their "4G" is exactly the same technology the iPhone 4S uses - HSPA+ ... not 4G in my opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,458 Times in 2,695 Posts

Its all bullzhiat i have both tmobile galaxy s 2 and iphone 4s on att and to tell the true tmobile network suckksss!! The galaxy feels faster than my iphone 4s and i could be cuz my iphones is JB and have so many tweaks but when it
    Comes to network att is faster by a lot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brodimus View Post
    No she runs on non-existent 4G networks. Seriously if there is no 4G band how can all these service providers advertise something that doesn't exist. Stupid consumers ftw

iPhone? More like MyPhone cookbenj's Avatar
    Thanks

T-mobile is rubbish, it always let me down in every way shape and form...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

One word: Capped. (2gb/5gb/10gb) after that it's back down to tmobile's slowass 3g.