+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Major iPad, iPhone Plans for August and September

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A new iPhone will arrive in September and the long-awaited and still-mythical iPad mini will reach consumers one month earlier, sometime before the month of August is finished. That's the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Report: Major iPad, iPhone Plans for August and September

A new iPhone will arrive in September and the long-awaited and still-mythical iPad mini will reach consumers one month earlier, sometime before the month of August is finished.

That's the latest report out of the far east today, as Digitimes dishes the newest insights from Pegatron and Foxconn, two Apple manufacturing partners who reportedly have their orders to prepare for production.

To mainly focus on Apple's orders, Pegatron has also internally decided to downsize its SI motherboard department and to shift resources to Apple's orders. Since Asustek has been reducing its motherboard orders to Pegatron, while gross margins are also rather low, the shifting in resources is expected to benefit Pegatron in its operations, the sources noted.
    From the looks of it, Pegatron will be chiefly occupied with production of Apple's sixth generation iPhone, while Foxconn fiddles with the 7-inch iPad - a device that will be lower priced than larger iPads and better financially suited for emerging market tablet buyers.

The news comes just as Foxconn prepares to break ground on a massive new facility in Shanghai, China. Although construction will be ongoing through 2015, it certainly represents the company's increasing need for space and manufacturing muscle, a situation Apple has certainly helped to precipitate.

Source: Digitimes

Thanks

sounds great, Q:? Does that mean that the next phone will be based off the 4, and 4s models? Meaning is this going to be a new model or just another 4,5 or six?
    Last edited by Simon; 05-09-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks

And just before the iPad mini they bring out the iegg And before that the itoaster! The constant rumours of iPhone/iPad mini's is just people looking for something to talk about and for the people who make fake idevices to waste their time and money on!

iPhone? More like MyPhone LTechTalk's Avatar
    Thanks

How can it be that there will be iPad mini ? There are iPhones iPod touches and others , it basically nearly the same ! Will buy the new iPhone for sure but don't think I I'll get the iPad mini as i have an iPad 2 & 3 .

Green Apple
    Thanks

I highly doubt the iPad mini will ever happen. As another poster said, we already have the iPod touch.

Also I can't see there being a market for an iPad mini when the main attraction if the iPad is the large gorgeous display

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galrash View Post
    I highly doubt the iPad mini will ever happen. As another poster said, we already have the iPod touch.

Also I can't see there being a market for an iPad mini when the main attraction if the iPad is the large gorgeous display
    I think as you think . The new iPad has a retina display and nice and the the new iPad ( 3 rd gen ) catches more the eyes !

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Why would Apple lower there standards and make an iPad mini? Makes no sense

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
    Why would Apple lower there standards and make an iPad mini? Makes no sense
    Yep ! I thought that too , but dont think they will release it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree with everyone else. I don't see an iPad mini happening. They already have people spending big money on the other iPads. They don't need to cover each and every market, that's Android's strategy. Plus, I think about developers worrying they'll have to develop for another screen size and and set of hardware specs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn@rd. View Post
    sounds great, Q:? Does that mean that the next phone will be based off the 4, and 4s models? Meaning is this going to be a new model or just another 4,5 or six?
    How could anyone possibly know that?

Gainesville, FL (The Swamp, only Gators get out ALIVE!!)
    Thanks

Default Or maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by LTechTalk View Post
    I think as you think . The new iPad has a retina display and nice and the the new iPad ( 3 rd gen ) catches more the eyes !
    OR MAYBE..... Apple will gauge the sales of the iPad mini vs the iPod touch and whichever sales are worse then Apple will know which line they will phase out.... You never know it could be the end of the iPod touch!!!!! A lot of classmates of mine who just have the iPod touch have said one time or the other about wishing their iPod touch screen was a little bigger......

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by femibrim View Post
    OR MAYBE..... Apple will gauge the sales of the iPad mini vs the iPod touch and whichever sales are worse then Apple will know which line they will phase out.... You never know it could be the end of the iPod touch!!!!! A lot of classmates of mine who just have the iPod touch have said one time or the other about wishing their iPod touch screen was a little bigger......

I'd be more willing to accept the idea of a larger iPod touch than a smaller iPad.

Technically its the same thing, but the branding difference would be huge.

That said while the draw of the iPad is the large gorgeous display, the iPods have always tried to achieve the smallest form possible

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

useless

Thanks

Well why release a "mini iPad" when the I touch is a mini iPad... They won't discontinue the I touch I'm pretty sure of that. Last I heard they were going to release a retina display as well as a 5' screen (rumors). The I touch is the mini iPad (sorry my iPad keeps changing I touch haha!). In any case why pump out two products that are almost identical in both ways. They will be discontinuing one if so... And in Amy case this is either a move of greed which may backfire horribly - or may work in apples favor. Either way I think it will be one of the two extremes.