+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want to Downgrade Your A5 Device Firmware? Keep Watch for Redsn0w Update

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well i have BOTH..shsh's saved with 5.01..but..my iPad2 is jailbroken anyways; it's my Phone that needs it since it was acting up..and i Accidentally upgraded to 5.1 when all i
    Thanks

Well i have BOTH..shsh's saved with 5.01..but..my iPad2 is jailbroken anyways; it's my Phone that needs it since it was acting up..and i Accidentally upgraded to 5.1 when all i needed to Do was remove some Mobile Substrate..of course @ the time i didn't know this ..an hence why i'm on 5.1..but..i managed to save my Backups via PKGBackup & used Dropboxs to Store it..so i'm Hoping it will come b4 the iPhone5 is announced.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does this mean that if I didn't save my iOS 5.1 SHSH blobs for my 'new iPad' and that a jailbreak comes for iOS 5.1 for the 'new iPad' that I can't get it since I didn't save my SHSH blobs? If so, I mine as well upgrade to iOS 5.1.1

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Does this mean that if I didn't save my iOS 5.1 SHSH blobs for my 'new iPad' and that a jailbreak comes for iOS 5.1 for the 'new iPad' that I can't get it since I didn't save my SHSH blobs? If so, I mine as well upgrade to iOS 5.1.1
    You should be able to still save 5.1 SHSH right now with tiny umbrella. Better do it soon though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    No it doesn't mean that.. SHSH blobs are only required to DOWNGRADE .. this downgrade is not related to a jailbreak.

In order to downgrade to 5.0 for example, you have to have your SHSH blobs from 5.0 .. being that iPad 3 came with 5.1 it can NEVER go to 5.0 ...

Ultimately every time you update your firmware you should immediately capture your SHSH blobs for that corresponding ios version so you can restore to it later when apple stops signing it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    Ultimately every time you update your firmware you should immediately capture your SHSH blobs for that corresponding ios version so you can restore to it later when apple stops signing it.
    I always use tinyumbrella a few days after a new firmware drops just because. And each time I get a new device I run tinyumbrella on it just to grab that firmware shsh even though I can't jailbreak it. Like one of my new 4S I have came on 5.1 so I grabbed the blobs for it just incase.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you over write your blobs? I know I saved it when 5.0.1 came out, I'm just not sure if I did it again since apple stopped signing :/

Thanks

I had to upgrade to 5.1 because some bullsht tweak on cydia put my phone in recovery mode

iPhone? More like MyPhone RobberBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vthree View Post
    what'd icleaner do to you?
    It makes my phone unstable. First, whenever i open up an app (sms, setting, any other app) it takes between 3~8sec. if im lucky it opens, if not it crashed to safe mode. -.-" im sure it got to do with database or cache thats being deleted from icleaner. but im not sure. the only thing im sure is, after i use icleaner this thing happen right after it cleans up my phone....

#Edit : im on 4S 5.0.1. some other ppl with older devices reported no problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sucks... I had to take mine back because the glue separated from the display at 16K feet AGL due to a tinny and annoying air bubble in the display. New one I got today is IOS 5.1 saved my 5.1 blobs... today!!
    Last edited by Contract_Pilot; 05-10-2012 at 12:47 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Love reading that these legends are making progress. Appreciate all your work guys. Immensely!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need this bad, I think?..I accidentally deleted Siri out of my iPhone 4s on 5.0.1...have no idea how but I want Her back...is this what in deed ? Or can I restore already?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12