+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] VolumeColor - Change the Volume HUD Color

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A lot of themes and tweaks change the appearance many different features of iOS, but a new jailbreak tweak dubbed VolumeColor by iOS developers PrimeCode and CoolStar allows you to
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] VolumeColor - Change the Volume HUD Color

A lot of themes and tweaks change the appearance many different features of iOS, but a new jailbreak tweak dubbed VolumeColor by iOS developers PrimeCode and CoolStar allows you to go a step further and change the color of your Volume HUD (heads up display) from a list of pre-defined colors. The appearance of the Volume HUD when the color is changed is illustrated by the screenshot examples above.

The preferences pane, pictured below, allows you to enable and disable the tweak on demand and change the color of the Volume HUD. The good news is after changing the color of the HUD, the effect takes place immediately and you don’t have to respring after each change. The list of defined colors you can use for the Volume HUD include:
    • Black
    • Red
    • Orange
    • Yellow
    • Green
    • Blue
    • Pink
    • Purple
    • White
    • Gray

Changing the color of the Volume HUD is a nice way to add a personal touch anyone’s iOS device. The only discrepancy is whether or not the user has a need or desire to change the color of it. This tweak would go great with themes that seem to take after a special color scheme. Unfortunately, since you are forced to pick from a list of pre-defined colors, the choices for this tweak are limited.

The tweak works well, doing just what it says it will do. For a free jailbreak tweak allowing you to take your iOS customization beyond what you could do before, it could be worth taking a look at!

Name: VolumeColor
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): PrimeCode and CoolStar
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Sources:Cydia

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet! Perfect for to match themes or wallpapers or something

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys. This is the dev. here. If you have any suggestions for the tweak, bug reports, etc. I'll be looking in the comments.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Let us make custom colors but keep the list of colors just in case we're too lazy to make our own color.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolstar View Post
    Hey guys. This is the dev. here. If you have any suggestions for the tweak, bug reports, etc. I'll be looking in the comments.
    Add like... Re-shaping and stuff as well, could be interesting. Oh and possibly the ability to use images and textures instead of a color.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

how about an option to keep the hud from popping up entirely! i hate it!!! i never want to look at it...

iPhone? More like MyPhone KBI2113's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nogggin1 View Post
    Add like... Re-shaping and stuff as well, could be interesting. Oh and possibly the ability to use images and textures instead of a color.
    Exactly. +1. It'd be so cool to change the volume widget to like a triangle or parallelogram or something of that nature.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ridingsupreme View Post
    how about an option to keep the hud from popping up entirely! i hate it!!! i never want to look at it...
    I used to use TidySpring to hide the volume HUD. TidySpring comes with a bunch of other stuff that I don't use though. I would like this tweak to replace it.

I +1 the above suggestion of reshaping. I would like it smaller and more compact, transparent but not entirely hidden. Perhaps change the volume level bits into a numerical representation? A two digit number would take up much less space. I hate how it blocks my videos in third party video apps when I adjust the volume. There's another tweak out there that moves the HUD to a corner of the screen, but it doesn't help that much when the HUD is still so big and not transparent enough.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JPili View Post
    Let us make custom colors but keep the list of colors just in case we're too lazy to make our own color.
    It's coming up in Version 3.0.
    In the color list, there'll be an option for custom, and RGB sliders to define the "custom" color.

Thanks

*ack*

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

VolumeColor has been renamed to VolumeCustomize, which is now far superior and supports RGB sliders, gradients, etc.