Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Review] SwipeSelection - Make iOS Text-Editing Less Cumbersome!

  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lawndale , CA
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Downloaded. It's a very nice tweak.

  2. #22
    About to try it!! 👍
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

  3. #23
    It doesn't work in Safari or Atomic web browser for me, pretty much useless if all it works in is iBooks and Notes. It also stops the shortcut keys from working too i.e. Some keys have extra functions assigned to them if you hold and slide up from that key, so vertical sliding needs to be ignored so as to not break default keyboard functionality. So vertical navigation is going to be a no no, unless its made optional in a settings GUI.

    EDIT: There has been an update for this tweak now that fixes the hidden key slide shortcuts I mentioned above. The tweak still doesn't work system wide though, Safari and Atomic for example still do not have slide selection.
    Last edited by Andydigital; 05-06-2012 at 03:15 AM.

  4. #24
    I can't get it work with kbshortcut quick text function which is essential for me. one major problem is that once you start to drag, it keeps holding that key and type that key where you stop. kinda annoy when you have to delete that letter again.

  5. #25
    You do realise that iOS5 has keyboard macros/shortcuts built into it dont you?

    Settings> General> Keyboard> Shortcuts.

  6. #26
    Wait who had this idea first? This guy or this guy?
    Last edited by jabij1; 05-06-2012 at 05:14 AM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Andydigital View Post
    It also stops the shortcut keys from working too i.e. Some keys have extra functions assigned to them if you hold and slide up from that key, so vertical sliding needs to be ignored so as to not break default keyboard functionality. So vertical navigation is going to be a no no, unless its made optional in a settings GUI.
    Not true. Sliding upward on a key currently does nothing. To use accents you press and hold on a key (without moving) until there is a pop-up, then slide along that pop-up to pick the correct character. This in no way would interfere with a vertical scrolling implementation anymore than it currently interferes with the horizontal sliding; as long as you start scrolling any direction right away, the accent pop-up won't appear.

    And yes, I saw your edit. This was just for clarification.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sevael For This Useful Post:

    Andydigital (05-06-2012)

  9. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    An island in the pacific. (VI)
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Andydigital View Post
    It doesn't work in Safari or Atomic web browser for me, pretty much useless if all it works in is iBooks and Notes. It also stops the shortcut keys from working too i.e. Some keys have extra functions assigned to them if you hold and slide up from that key, so vertical sliding needs to be ignored so as to not break default keyboard functionality. So vertical navigation is going to be a no no, unless its made optional in a settings GUI.

    EDIT: There has been an update for this tweak now that fixes the hidden key slide shortcuts I mentioned above. The tweak still doesn't work system wide though, Safari and Atomic for example still do not have slide selection.

    I noticed the not working in safari but it does work in atomic web browser... I use browser changer and set it for atomic and no issues.

  10. #29
    That's exactly how I have it setup but its no dice for me in either browser, how odd.

  11. #30
    Love the concept, and it worked well for me, but I found that when typing a little fast it missed half the characters. Had to uninstall.

  12. #31
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,844
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 268 Times in 256 Posts

    Looks cool. I'll have to try it.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

  13. #32
    This Tweak is ridiculously obvious- just used the tweak to edit this post with sublime aese...er... ease. Tweak of the month!

    My only feedback is that for essay length text vertical positing would be nice- then again a quick tap on the desired line then shift and gesture works just as well.

  14. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    An island in the pacific. (VI)
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Andydigital View Post
    That's exactly how I have it setup but its no dice for me in either browser, how odd.
    Weird. Try reinstalling maybe... I have it workin with atomic on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 both on 5.0.1. Are you using the paid or free version of atomic?

  15. #34
    5.01, Paid version, iPad 2.

    I'll maybe try reinstalling Atomic later this evening, too busy at the moment catching up reading forum posts for the beta of Project CARS.

  16. #35
    Sweeeeet!

  17. #36
    I do not see it either.

  18. #37
    It works in Notes app. Does not work in Pages or OmniOutliner.

  19. #38
    Livin the iPhone Life celeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,831
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 340 Times in 323 Posts

    Works great. An update was released today fixing some bugs; even better
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

    New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

  20. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tinley Park, IL
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    117
    Thanked 140 Times in 91 Posts

    I liked it, but ran into a big problem. Apparently, I must not lift my fingers very high off the screen when typing and it was causing the cursor to move backwards and was screwing up what I was typing. Good concept, but I've been typing this way since the original iPhone and I can't change that now.

  21. #40
    Good job with such a useful tweak. I can't believe it's free.
    I'd pay for an upgrade that works in safari.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •