Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T CEO: We Never Should Have Offered Unlimited Data; and iMessage...?

Quote Originally Posted by demonknight9 View Post
    I just cannot understand how they can charge $30 for unlimited internet to people that sign up for a 2 year contract? I live in the UK and the 3 Network is offering truly unlimited internet for 5 which is about $8?? Very good coverage and no limits. This is on pay as you go!!!

If you go on a contract you can have 500 anytime any network minutes, 3000 texts and unlimited internet with tethering included for 25!

Compared to AT&T its laughable

You think THAT's bad? Try being here in Canada with Rogers on a 3 year contract.

Here's the breakdown of my

Unlimited Plan w/6pm Clock* 30.00
    iPhone Value Pack + Vvmail* 15.00
    6GB Data Service Plan 30.00
    Tethering Access 0.00
    Gov't Regulatory Recovery Fee 2.35
    6pm Early Evening Calling 0.00
    Call Forwarding/Call Transfer 3.00
    Savings: Call Forwarding/ Call Transfer -3.00

Total before taxes: $80.25
    HST (862395381 RT0001) 10.44

Total for Wireless: $87.59

What a ******* rip off. Coincidentally, I work at a bank and once had one of the Rogers' call in. Good lord did I have a list of **** I wanted to say to her but couldn't! Oh and just to let you know, if I go over my data usage, I get charged 5 cents per KILOBYTE. WTF. There's 1024 kilobytes in 1 megabyte. It'd cost me $51.20 to use 1MB over my limit. It's why I had to cancel Netflix, which I was using primarily for on the go movies. Their app is an absolute piece of crap because it doesn't even track your data usage in real time. It says it's delayed by about 4 hrs and I once waited to see my data usage at the time to time my Netflix watching. 1 movie later and I get a text from them saying I've used up 75% of my data and one that says I've used 100% of my data at the same time. Thanks guys, real helpful. -_- I'm going to skip the next iPhone even though I'm sure it'll be awesome and I'm due for a hardware upgrade because I just can't deal with this BS anymore.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 05-05-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Eh as far as a business goes. I can understand. But AT&T really didn't see this iMessage thing coming. O well he's stuck with it. Either deal with it or say no to iPhone and kill the company altogether. Your move CEO lol

I know when I first got my iPhone I was like, minimum amount of minutes, and the best data, at that time was unlimited.

Oh and I get 150 daytime minutes, unlimited evening minutes starting at 6PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I was a Cingular customer before AT&T absorbed them and I still have unlimited service on both my 4S and my iPad. Unless they figure out a way to screw me out of it, I will continue to enjoy it. Personally I think all internet services should have an unlimited option available to those who want it.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I was a Cingular customer before AT&T absorbed them and I still have unlimited service on both my 4S and my iPad. Unless they figure out a way to screw me out of it, I will continue to enjoy it. Personally I think all internet services should have an unlimited option available to those who want it.
    Haha i too was Cingular, i hated the AT&T symbol on my phone and i did everything i could to change it back to say Cingular. I too will enjoy the unlimited data. I remember the cellular networks didn't know what tethering was... now that they know, there is something else to charge people for, but a little PDaNet app took care of that crap...

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    As if they all aren't greedy...you all aren't that ignorant are you?
    You must be new here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Plebster View Post
    But 3 had dreadful coverage, that's why they offer these unbeatable plans - purely just to get customers.
    Three UK isn't that bad - I have both my iPad and iPhone contract with them. 15 for 10gb on iPad and 45 for UNLIMITED Texts, Data and 3000 minutes. Bargain. Never had any problems with them really.

The only downside is the 'offshore' call centres. agh.
    Founder & Owner of Akufu.com

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

AT&T is so greedy. They offered it, their mistake. They can live with it.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait to see his comments whenever the next iPhone comes out and everyone who bought the original iPhone 4 (which was only available to AT&T) switches away from AT&T now that their 2 year contract will be up

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Yah I'd like to see how it goes. Wonder if Apple will allow them to provide for the iPhone anymore...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

But 3 had dreadful coverage, that's why they offer these unbeatable plans - purely just to get customers.
    +1 along with the worst customer service ever!!! Then look at how much of "their" network relies on others! I'm on t-mobile with 1gb but never get charged, warned for going over! And now u can jump signals with orange when one or the other is weak!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Eh as far as a business goes. I can understand. But AT&T really didn't see this iMessage thing coming. O well he's stuck with it. Either deal with it or say no to iPhone and kill the company altogether. Your move CEO lol
    But surely they have to say the same for blackberry msg service! It's free for bb to bb is it not? Mobile phone company's are like dinosaurs, they either need to change and adapt or fail!

Quote Originally Posted by moribo View Post
    Three UK isn't that bad - I have both my iPad and iPhone contract with them. 15 for 10gb on iPad and 45 for UNLIMITED Texts, Data and 3000 minutes. Bargain. Never had any problems with them really.

The only downside is the 'offshore' call centres. agh.
    The reason that they ain't that bad is they own very little of their own network! So its all down to where you stay! And they still don't even fully support the iPhone yet! And still try to sell you things through their network site that are no good of the iPhone cause apple restricts where content is bought!
    Last edited by scroogelives; 05-05-2012 at 06:11 AM.

AT&T sucks! They definitely can't beat this!My total is $102 and some change.
    A friend of mine has his iPhone 4 with AT&T and he gets screwed on going over the 2GB cap every month.
    @Rokesomesmeefer, great name, think I'll go do that right now!
    Last edited by Gopher_Otis; 05-05-2012 at 07:50 AM.

I bought my iPhone outright and now pay 10 / month for 250 Minutes/unlimited texts and unlimited data (unlimited on the phone - tethering is not allowed) and unlimited calls to other Giff Gaff users. I'm happy with that.

For my iPad i just have 1Gb data a month for 20 every six months.

Expecting truly unlimited data is unrealistic - CDMA (of either sort) was never designed to cope with it.

I'm sure others wiull disagree, but just my 2p's worth.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Hey , AT&T C.E.O. Randall Stephenson ,i got a few words for you ! FU*K YOU and EVERY ONE AT AT&T !!!

Quote Originally Posted by david_77598modmy View Post
    Hey , AT&T C.E.O. Randall Stephenson ,i got a few words for you ! FU*K YOU and EVERY ONE AT AT&T !!!
    If you feel that strongly just don't use them. No one forces you too. They are a business, maybe you should move to a country where big business don't have so much power if you really feel that strongly about it?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T sux. I've had them since the first iphone. Guess I've grown accustom to their crap. Think when this contract is up I'm due for a real upgrade and give my two cents to someone else. If not for better service, maybe just to voice my displeasure with them

This made me laugh. O2 has a fair usage policy on the old unlimited data plan. Don't they?

Had, you are right, not anymore. I have great reception everywhere I go and at home it's always full bars. 8.5mbps download and 2.5mbps upload.
    That is daylight robery. Bloody nora, what do they think we're made of, money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    You think THAT's bad? Try being here in Canada with Rogers on a 3 year contract.

Here's the breakdown of my

Unlimited Plan w/6pm Clock* 30.00
    iPhone Value Pack + Vvmail* 15.00
    6GB Data Service Plan 30.00
    Tethering Access 0.00
    Gov't Regulatory Recovery Fee 2.35
    6pm Early Evening Calling 0.00
    Call Forwarding/Call Transfer 3.00
    Savings: Call Forwarding/ Call Transfer -3.00

Total before taxes: $80.25
    HST (862395381 RT0001) 10.44

Total for Wireless: $87.59

What a ******* rip off. Coincidentally, I work at a bank and once had one of the Rogers' call in. Good lord did I have a list of **** I wanted to say to her but couldn't! Oh and just to let you know, if I go over my data usage, I get charged 5 cents per KILOBYTE. WTF. There's 1024 kilobytes in 1 megabyte. It'd cost me $51.20 to use 1MB over my limit. It's why I had to cancel Netflix, which I was using primarily for on the go movies. Their app is an absolute piece of crap because it doesn't even track your data usage in real time. It says it's delayed by about 4 hrs and I once waited to see my data usage at the time to time my Netflix watching. 1 movie later and I get a text from them saying I've used up 75% of my data and one that says I've used 100% of my data at the same time. Thanks guys, real helpful. -_- I'm going to skip the next iPhone even though I'm sure it'll be awesome and I'm due for a hardware upgrade because I just can't deal with this BS anymore.
    Last edited by demonknight9; 05-05-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks

I just have to say...I love the pic!

Of course they own their entire network. It was well publicised when it happened. They used to borrow masts from orange for 2G but not anymore, they have the best reception of all the networks in the UK. They have the best plans and they do support the iPhone fully, they subsidise it for God sake. One thing you are right about is that the customer service is dreadful. On a good note I don't have to deal with them as I have no problems with the network at all, apart from when they are upgrading. Every network needs to update their towers from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    +1 along with the worst customer service ever!!! Then look at how much of "their" network relies on others! I'm on t-mobile with 1gb but never get charged, warned for going over! And now u can jump signals with orange when one or the other is weak!

But surely they have to say the same for blackberry msg service! It's free for bb to bb is it not? Mobile phone company's are like dinosaurs, they either need to change and adapt or fail!

The reason that they ain't that bad is they own very little of their own network! So its all down to where you stay! And they still don't even fully support the iPhone yet! And still try to sell you things through their network site that are no good of the iPhone cause apple restricts where content is bought!
    Last edited by demonknight9; 05-05-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast