+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] AlwaysArrange - Arrange Home Screen Icons Without 'Jiggle' Mode

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default [Review] AlwaysArrange - Arrange Home Screen Icons Without 'Jiggle' Mode

Apple includes countless two-step fail-safes in many functions of iOS to help prevent user error in potentially dangerous tasks, such as deleting text messages, marking notifications as read, and even entering ‘jiggle’ mode to move home screen applications around. These tasks are considered “dangerous” by Apple’s software engineers because they can be irreversible. While moving home screen icons can be easily reversed, entering jiggle mode also gives you the potential to delete applications.

If you want to skip the two-step process of holding down on an application and entering ‘jiggle’ mode to move applications around, a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed AlwaysArrange by iOS developer rud0lf77 will allow you to move application icons around whenever you want to without ever having to enter ‘jiggle’ mode. In fact, ‘jiggle’ mode will be completely disabled from everywhere in iOS – including the multitasking App Switcher.

After installing AlwaysArrange, you will notice a new preferences pane in the Settings application related to the tweak. The preferences pane includes options for how long you would like to hold down on an application to pick it up and drag it as well as the ability to enable and disable AlwaysArrange at any point you need or want to. The further to the left you drag the slider, the less time it will take to pick up an application icon to move it, while the further in the opposite direction you move the slider, the longer it will take:

At first it may seem impossible to delete applications after you install this tweak (as you cannot enter 'jiggle' mode to bring up the black 'X' buttons on the application icons), however if you take a moment to read the information in the preferences pane, you will notice a line that says, “To enter the ‘real’ editing mode, drag any icon onto the Status Bar.” Basically, when you drag an icon onto the Status Bar, your icons will enter ‘jiggle’ mode and you will see all of the black 'X' buttons on the application icons. This feature is ironically a fail-safe for the tweak that attempts to circumvent Apple’s fail-safe, however it’s a very good thing to have just in case.

This tweak can make it harder for you to accidentally delete your applications and also increase the speed at which you can move application icons around. This alone gives AlwaysArrange two good reasons to be downloaded. If you hate having to enter ‘jiggle’ mode every time you want to edit your icon layout, be sure to give this free jailbreak tweak a try.

Name: AlwaysArrange
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: rud0lf77
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: rud0lf77

My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm. Kinda cool!

Thanks

It's great...te best part is the way it enters jiggle mode with this tweak I like it.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Does anybody else push the home button after moving an icon with this tweak? I know you don't need to but I do and then I realize that I didn't need to.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Does anybody else push the home button after moving an icon with this tweak? I know you don't need to but I do and then I realize that I didn't need to.
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The developer should add an activator function that allows us to enter "jiggle" mode.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

There is functionality, and then there is really extreme laziness... Not too sure where this one lands.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^ that's why its free
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

Green Apple
    Thanks

kind of a pain in thte *** when my 3 year old completely rearranges my screen because he quickly realizes he can. different strokes.