Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rovio Sells 50 Million Copies of Angry Birds Space Within Six Weeks

Default Rovio Sells 50 Million Copies of Angry Birds Space Within Six Weeks

If you thought Angry Birds was a top hit in the App Store, then check out Angry Birds Space. Rovio reports that it has sold over 50 million copies of the application since its release less than six weeks ago (the record was hit after 35 days), making Angry Birds Space the single fastest-growing mobile game ever. (Are you surprised?)

The Angry Birds Space game is a fun game; even people who have openly stated they hated Angry Birds have admitted their liking to Angry Birds Space. The anti-gravity game play makes for a fun, out-of-this-world challenge, and picking up a game for just 99 is always a steal.

Angry Birds Space made it to the top of our staff favorites thread for a number of our staff members. In addition to this, Angry Birds Space continues to be the number one game in the App Store, as indicated by the 'Top 25' tab from directly within the App Store application. The popularity of the game has simply blasted off (no pun intended) from its release, however since Rovio was working directly with NASA to create this game, we expected nothing less than quality from it.

Angry Birds Space came with a disappointingly small amount of levels upon its release, however just this week it was updated with ten new difficult space levels and the ability to get a free daily Space Eagle in addition to the free 20 Space Eagles it gave you from the update.

Angry Birds Space is available for iOS, Android, Mac OS X, and Windows. If you haven't already joined the 50 million other people playing Angry Birds Space, you can learn more about it from this link.

Sources: Rovio via MacRumors

Thanks

Wow, thats a lot. I wonder how many they wouldve sold if it werent for piracy
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Lmao... At least one copy more :/

Crazy rich for such a simple game

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    50 million , piracy doesn't equate to lost sales generally

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    Crazy rich for such a simple game
    The game isnt even that great. I've played better free games
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

I personally hate angry birds, but if what is said is true I may give space a try .

i got so far on angry birds, with perfect stars and had to restore and forgot to SHSH the saved points and ending up starting over...

wont happen again with this

It is easy to sell when its popular..angry birds just get d popularity when they release their 1st edition n its start getting better n better in every new release..kids like it..parents like it..neighbour like it..n neighbourhood like it..everybody like it..n then kaboom!! Easily sell 50M copies! Congrats!
    iphone = intelligent phone...OK!
    ipad = intelligent pad...HUH?!