Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 4/23 - 4/29

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 4/23 - 4/29

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of April 23rd until today, April 29th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. Quasar - $9.99

Quasar is a new iPad jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Pedro Franceschi. Quasar brings true window management to the iPad, allowing you to have applications running side-by-side just like they would on your Windows or Mac OS X computer. This allows you to multitask more efficiently, while taking advantage of the large iPad screen. Quasar uses the multitasking App Switcher to manage all open windows and you can use them interchangeably for closing out of applications. This is a must-have for all jailbroken iPads.

2. Image Grabber - $1.99

Image Grabber is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Nikos Lykousas. Image Grabber allows you to see a database of all the images on a Web site or a PDF file. This is more powerful than saving images the way Mobile Safari does natively, because some Web sites have code in them preventing the user from saving images from the Web site. Image Grabber can bypass that code. It also can save images from PDF files right from the iBooks application. The appearance of the intuitive interface as well as the built in e-mail function makes this tweak a must have for anyone who likes sharing pictures on their iOS device.

3. Giffy - 99˘

Giffy is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer IanP. Giffy allows you to force iOS into supporting animated GIF images. Giffy supports GIF images you save from Mobile Safari, save from e-mails, and save from other sources such as iMessage or MMS. Giffy is capable of displaying the animated GIF images anywhere iOS has an image picker, such as the Camera Roll and from the iMessage/SMS picture button. Normally when you try to view an animated GIF image, iOS will only show you a quick image preview of one of the frames instead of showing you an animated GIF image. If you enjoy GIF images, you will want this.

4. iCleaner - FREE

iCleaner is a new jailbreak application for keeping your iOS device spiffy. iCleaner hails after the popular desktop application, CCleaner, as a cleanup tool for iOS that removes unwanted junk files and cleans caches to help you save some storage space and keep things from slowing down. iCleaner intelligently cleans up files from within application folders and makes sure not to touch files that are necessary for the iOS device or its applications to run. It will require a respring after every cleanup.

5. Auto App Killer - $1.49

Auto App Killer is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer ipodtouchmaster. Auto App Killer tries to make your iOS device run more efficiently by giving you the choice of how much free memory should be left before iOS starts closing out of applications suspended in the memory as a part of multitasking. Normally, iOS will let the memory completely fill up before it starts clearing memory by closing out of suspended applications and this can lead to a laggy, less-appealing experience. Auto App Killer will let you leave some memory open so that you are never short on memory and so iOS doesn’t make things slow after memory gets scarce. This is great for chronic multitaskers.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on ModMyi!

Not sure of Giffy. See them mostly in iMessages easily. Send some to our iMessage group sometimes.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

I'd be very wary of icleaner. Especially on a 4S. Cleaning apps tend to mess things up sometimes which could be very costly on a 4S since they cannot restore to 5.0.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't like iCleaner. It made my system run more slowly for some reason and I had to restore. I'll be giving Auto App Killer a try; I'm always closing apps out manually to free memory so this should help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

If auto app cleaner had a whitelist, it'd be much more useful.

Thanks

iCleaner made my device slower as well. I'd like to know what the heck that tweak deleted.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Idk about you guys. I cleaner helped me out a lot. No slow downs but it does get rid of a lot of useless crap

iCleaner also slowed my 4 down to a crawl. I ran it in terminal. Had to restart with redsn0w and it seems to be Ok for now...not sure if i wanna go through that again....

iPhone? More like MyPhone RobberBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I'd be very wary of icleaner. Especially on a 4S. Cleaning apps tend to mess things up sometimes which could be very costly on a 4S since they cannot restore to 5.0.1.
    that my friend happens to me.. im F***ing annoyed by the apps............

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mmm, not a fan of iCleaner. Gave it a shot on my iPhone 4, and now after I used it once the native YouTube app screws up on me and sometime my sbsettings toggles don't work.

-YouTube will make me leave the tab at the bottom then switch back to be able to select a video-
    -SbSettings just won't toggle sometimes, no reason why it shouldn't work-

But definitely will be getting Quasar when I get an iPad, which is hopefully later this year.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iCleaner worked great for me on my 4S running 5.0.1 (second build)
    Made everything run smoother and even solved a few permission issues with apps (like me not being able to see pictures in messages and BiteSMS (it'd show the thumbnail, but I'd have to save it to my camera roll to see the full picture.)

As for Quasar, I really like the concept, but at the moment only have a first gen iPad, does anyone know if it even has the capabilities to run Quasar smoothly?
    Unless I hear otherwise, I probably won't be installing this one until I replace it with a newer model

Added every jailbreak apps/tweaks are intended for use at your own risk only. So stay away if you don't need them. I would steer clear of anything I don't need from cydia having to upgrade to 5.1 after winterboard screwed me over

Quote Originally Posted by ToddN View Post
    iCleaner worked great for me on my 4S running 5.0.1 (second build)
    Made everything run smoother and even solved a few permission issues with apps (like me not being able to see pictures in messages and BiteSMS (it'd show the thumbnail, but I'd have to save it to my camera roll to see the full picture.)
    I second this, I also have a iPhone 4S and it works great, even sped up my device a little.