+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PhotoAlbums+ Receives Some Important Improvements

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default PhotoAlbums+ Receives Some Important Improvements

PhotoAlbums+ is a popular jailbreak tweak for making the Photos application better by iOS developer Christian Heusinger. It gives the user more power for managing albums and photographs. iOS 5 came with some improvements to the albums feature, however PhotoAlbums+ still gives us some abilities that iOS 5 doesn’t have yet, such as the ability to completely move a photograph from one album to another album instead of simply placing a copy of the photograph in a new album while still leaving the original photograph in the original album.

The update comes with the new ability of controlling which photographs are sent to the Photo Stream in iOS 5. This gives you the peace of mind of security and also you can upload and photograph you want, whether you took it with your Camera application or you just saved it from Safari or some other image capturing method in iOS. We know that iOS 5.1 gives you the ability to delete photographs from the Photo Stream on demand, however most people are not using iOS 5.1 as there is not yet an untethered jailbreak for the A4 or A5 processor on iOS 5.1.

Additional features in the update include iOS 5.1 support for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad (still works on iOS 5.0.1 and older), the ability to prevent photographs from automatically being uploaded to the Photo Stream, and more Photo Stream options on the iPad.

Apart from features, the update addresses numerous bugs:
    • USB connection issues have been completely resolved
    • Issue with image picker in Messages application not showing images has now been fixed
    • Issue with oor image quality in private albums on the iPad has been fixed
    • Renaming private albums will no longer delete the password
    • Private album circumvention issue when closing Photos application has been fixed
    • iOS 5.1 crashes will no longer happen due to compatibility fixes
    • Issue causing 'move to existing album' command to disappear has been fixed
    • Issue making private videos on the iPad visible in the photos tab has been fixed

If you own PhotoAlbums+, the update will be free for you. If you are a new customer, PhotoAlbums+ will set you back $4.99 (iPhone + iPod touch) or $6.99 (iPad) to reserve your copy from the BigBoss repository. If you love photography or you like being very neat and organized with your iOS albums, you definitely want this jailbreak tweak.

Sources: Christian Heusinger
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-29-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Can I use this tweak to take my images in my camera roll to put them in my albums from iPhoto? Instead of actually connecting to iPhoto via computer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Can I use this tweak to take my images in my camera roll to put them in my albums from iPhoto? Instead of actually connecting to iPhoto via computer
    Yes.You can move them to any photo album in your photo app.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    Alright I'm sold. I just hate waiting to get home to hook up to iPhoto and do it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think photoalbums+ also makes iphoto app crash on the iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cnniphone View Post
    i think photoalbums+ also makes iphoto app crash on the iphone
    must be something else in conjunction with photoalbums+. Works fine for me and most...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been using this app since it came it and recommend it to any who takes a lot of pics with their iPhone and hates the huuuuge Camera Roll. Dev is always timely with updates too

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 548 Posts

Does anyone know if using PhotoAlbums+ I can set a separate album for screenshots, and make all my screenshots only save to this album?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    Does anyone know if using PhotoAlbums+ I can set a separate album for screenshots, and make all my screenshots only save to this album?
    You would have to move them manually. There's a tweak that eliminates the screenshots from going to photo stream but the still go to camera roll.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

I need to buy it AGAIN for the iPad? Why? I already own the product - I should be able to install it on my iPad as well.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I need to buy it AGAIN for the iPad? Why? I already own the product - I should be able to install it on my iPad as well.
    I have it for both the iPhone and iPad but do not like the iPad version that much. It may work for others, but for me I can never make a 'Private' folder remain private. All I have to do is go to another photo page like 'events' or something and it shows the photos there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post

With Photoalbums+ You can ONLY move photos to albums you created WITH photoalbums+ ... you can't move photos to "any" photo album.. that's just false.. I wish you could, that's the only annoyance I have with it actually... I bought it a long time ago thinking you could do that.. but to this day you still can't .. I wish I knew why, I know third party apps like iTools can do it ...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been looking into this. I have a question if anyone can help, If I make albums with using this tweak, will it reflect the changes and albums made when I open iPhoto on my Mac?