+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] JpgToSiri - Have Siri Show You Pictures

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default [Review] JpgToSiri - Have Siri Show You Pictures

Have you ever been in a situation where you needed a picture of something? Now you can simply ask Siri to show you a picture of something and she will find what you’re looking for and show it to you. The new, free add-on for Siri, dubbed JpgToSiri by iOS developer Vladislav Korotnev, is an AssistantExtentions extension that will give Siri the capability of fetching images from the Internet at your command.

As illustrated by the screenshots above, JpgToSiri requires to you say, “Show me a picture of [insert term here]” and she will respond back with, “Here is a picture of [insert term here]” along with an image of whatever you queried. The good news is, unlike some other AssistantExtensions add-ons for Siri, you do not need to enter chatty Siri mode and wait forever for her to load up. You can use the add-on immediately when you Siri up the Siri interface.

The Siri add-on definitely is not a necessity; it is simply for entertainment purposes only. You can also use it if you are not sure about what something is to get an idea about it. Whether or not you feel JpgToSiri is going to be a useful add-on for you, you can at least have the peace of mind that Siri will now be able to do something she could not do prior to installing the add-on.

In addition to giving Siri the ability to fetch and show you images, the developer of JpgToSiri also gives you some added options for the images you pull up using Siri. As shown above, a green banner can be tapped to copy the image, copy the image’s link, show the image in Safari, or save the image to your Camera Roll. These useful features make sharing images or keeping them for yourself very easy, however the buttons look slightly awkward in comparison to the usual rounded-corner buttons we see in iOS.

For the most part, this tweak is worth installing if you have Siri capability – Spire included. It's free, however it also makes your device do more, which is the reason why most of us jailbreak in the first place. Be sure to give it a try!

Name: JpgToSiri
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5, Siri Compatibility
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Vladislav Korotnev
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Sources: Vladislav Korotnev

Thanks

Sounds like it could be useful - and at that price? If I had Siri I would certainly install this - why not?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I installed this and some pictures show accurate things but it shows me a 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle when I search for 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle and 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle. Disappointed...oh well. Uninstalling

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I installed this and some pictures show accurate things but it shows me a 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle when I search for 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle and 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle. Disappointed...oh well. Uninstalling
    Wow dude....that's just horrible. I hope you uninstalled it immediately after that huge inconvenience you had to endure.....

It obviously was not the extensions fault, whoever tagged/named the picture file, which the extension grabbed off of the Internet, named it wrong. If you expect it to be 100% accurate all of the time, you're right, this extension isn't for you.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Sounds like it could be useful - and at that price? If I had Siri I would certainly install this - why not?
    I am in Russia so I cannot sell on Cydia Store .

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Wow dude....that's just horrible. I hope you uninstalled it immediately after that huge inconvenience you had to endure.....

It obviously was not the extensions fault, whoever tagged/named the picture file, which the extension grabbed off of the Internet, named it wrong. If you expect it to be 100% accurate all of the time, you're right, this extension isn't for you.
    Yep, it's using images provided by jpg.to . It's hella simple, just requesting .jpg.to and this is it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=[email protected];6508766]I installed this and some pictures show accurate things but it shows me a 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle when I search for 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle and 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle. Disappointed...oh well. Uninstalling[/QUOTE
    Worked fine for me you have to say each # Instead of 1968 --- 1,9,6,8

Thanks

Useful tweak
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide