+ Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should iOS Hackers Release the Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.1; Wait for iOS 6?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Who should release 5.1 untherthed do iPhone 4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me IAmThatK00LAID's Avatar
    Thanks

Who should release 5.1 untherthed do iPhone 4
    ┏━━┓╋╋╋╋┏━━━━┳┓╋╋╋╋┏┓┏┓┏━┳━━━┳━━━┳┓╋╋┏━━━┳━━┳ ━━━┓
    ┗┫┣┛╋╋╋╋┃┏┓┏┓┃┃╋╋╋┏┛┗┫┃┃┏┫┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃╋╋┃┏━┓┣┫┣┻ ┓┏┓┃
    ╋┃┃┏━━┳┓┣┫┃┃┗┫┗━┳━┻┓┏┫┗┛┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃╋╋┃┃╋┃┃┃┃╋ ┃┃┃┃
    ╋┃┃┃┏┓┃┗┛┃┃┃╋┃┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃┏┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃╋┏┫┗━┛┃┃┃╋ ┃┃┃┃
    ┏┫┣┫┏┓┃┃┃┃┃┃╋┃┃┃┃┏┓┃┗┫┃┃┗┫┗━┛┃┗━┛┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┣┫┣┳ ┛┗┛┃
    ┗━━┻┛┗┻┻┻┛┗┛╋┗┛┗┻┛┗┻━┻┛┗━┻━━━┻━━━┻━━━┻┛╋┗┻━━┻ ━━━┛

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    I say they wait till iOS 6
    you do now IOS 6 most likely wont be released till the next iphone?
    witch is near the end of the year?
    i have a ipad 2 and the new ipad on 5.1
    i think ive waited pretty long for the new ipad
    cydia.myrepospace.com/AngryPIG/

Green Apple
    Thanks

It depends on when iOS 6 will be released... If its in June's WWDC then wait, if not, then let it role. I'd say give it a month or two to see how things pan out.

Thanks

Umm wait. We've waited this long.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been waiting for this one long enough. I don't think I'm getting the new iPhone.. I really want to update to 5.1 and jailbreak my first iPad 3...so I say go for it. 6.0 will probably have bugs when it first comes out I bet.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I say if it works for the iPad 3, go ahead and release it. If not, then wait for iOS6.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IAmThatK00LAID's Avatar
    Thanks

Dont wait i want jailbreak my iphone 4 on 5.1 untherted

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    I personally think they should release it if they have it made. I'm on 4S with 5.01 jb. Lots of people on 5.1 help them out. iOS 6 will be a whole new bag so work on that as u go. A jb never comes out for a new OS withinh the first couple months so the amount of time people are stuck without the jb is long
    Sadly this is true now, but it used to be that a jailbreak would come out within a day or two of the release.. Unlocks were also common and usually came with the jailbreak... if a jailbreak took too long, you could always restore to a previous ios version and jailbreak with that..

Unlocks now almost never happen until recently with the sim hack, and jailbreaks now take months..

I personally still say release the 5.1 ... 6.0 is likely to be a major revision when it comes out, which I don't think it will until later this year or early next year.. It will probably have a host of new features .. and with new features come new vulnerabilities typically

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

WAIT FOR iOS 6!

Reasons:

1. Like who even cares about 5.1 (4S users with battery problems I do understand if they feel differently)

2. 6 will have 10x the amount of features and all the people who get the debs to release for 5.1 will just turn into whining little ******* when 6 comes out, and I quote "WHERE'S MY IOS6 JAILBREAK YOU CRAPPY HACKERS WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH"
    Yes, I am capable of time travel...

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    WAIT FOR iOS 6!

Reasons:

1. Like who even cares about 5.1 (4S users with battery problems I do understand if they feel differently)

2. 6 will have 10x the amount of features and all the people who get the debs to release for 5.1 will just turn into whining little ******* when 6 comes out, and I quote "WHERE'S MY IOS6 JAILBREAK YOU CRAPPY HACKERS WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH"
    Yes, I am capable of time travel...
    I like your reason 2 lol

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post

BTW, my and my brother are waiting for a jailbreak before we buy the new iPad so it would be nice to get one soon.
    But, I thought you said Apple sucks and they're greedy and you wouldn't buy any of their products anymore?

In fact, you said...

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I will now go buy an Samsung Android tablet instead of an iPad. I will also get a new laptop instead of a MacBook as its heaps cheaper and heaps better.
    Guess the lawsuits don't make you that mad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've got the new iPad and the list of things that piss me off that can easily be fixed by jailbreaking is huge, yet releasing a jailbreak now is pointless if it gets patched in a couple of months with iOS6?!

Thanks

I own a iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 with untethered jailbreak and a iPad 2 on 5.1 non jailbreaked an would love to see the jailbreak released but also think the jailbreak should be saved for later but also concerned that like before apple may somehow find the exploit and seal it! So I don't know

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I HAD a jailbroken 4s .. Had an issue and was forced to upgrade to 5.1. .. It's not a deal beaker you just have to use workaround for some common annoyances. I'd say wait - since they kinda did a mild upgrade from the 4 to the 4s if I had to guess the iPhone 5 and iOS6 would be a major deal.

Thanks

i dont think they should waste their time on a 5.1 untethered jailbreak. with that said, when 6 releases, i can almost vouch for everybody that we want a super quick untethered release.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    The issue is that ios6 will probably be a major overhaul of the OS.. there's a good chance these exploits won't even exist in the updated version..
    I don't think that's an accurate statement, not that I know much of anything about the subject of exploits and how they carry over to future ios versions. I say this because if there was a good chance the exploits won't exist in the updated version the people who find and use the exploits to create our beloved jailbreaks wouldn't be puzzling over what to do at this point. If what you said is true they would likely just release what they have and collect their donations.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

It really depends, Apple could patch the exploits for iOS 6 and we'd be screwed then...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 4 untethered at 5.0.1 as well as the same for my 4S. This is a difficult decision. iOS 6 could be completely redesigned and an exploit valid for 5.1 may not have any likeness to one that could be available for iOS 6. We just don't know. But I would certainly hate to waste an exploit that could allow us to have a much quicker jb for the new gen iPhone. I think the devs would have a lot more insight on that possibility and since they are the geniuses that keep us going with bad*** capabilities on our idevices I think we should all really just give them the choice and respect what they decide, but of course I can see from past jb's that there are completely ungrateful pos's out there that will just go nuts on them if they choose it's best to wait. I guess it's to difficult of a decision based on my knowledge base of exploiting iOS and would just have to say that I leave it up to the dreamteam to make the best decision for all of us overall.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Yah definetly. They could find it an patch it any time...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

It doesn't matter which fw gets a jb, as long as it contains features that are worth exposing a precious exploit.
    5.1 even breaks the bt shortcut I use daily, I believe.
    And I don't feel sorry for anyone on 5.1, don't rush to satisfy them. I got my 4s on release, and wore out my f5 key for months waiting for a jb. But all that time allowed millions of people to get a jailbreakable 4s before apple blocked it.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast