Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
04-27-2012, 04:52 AM #81
Who should release 5.1 untherthed do iPhone 4┏━━┓╋╋╋╋┏━━━━┳┓╋╋╋╋┏┓┏┓┏━┳━━━┳━━━┳┓╋╋┏━━━┳━━┳ ━━━┓
04-27-2012, 05:20 AM #82
04-27-2012, 05:35 AM #83
It depends on when iOS 6 will be released... If its in June's WWDC then wait, if not, then let it role. I'd say give it a month or two to see how things pan out.
04-27-2012, 05:37 AM #84
Umm wait. We've waited this long.
04-27-2012, 05:57 AM #85
I've been waiting for this one long enough. I don't think I'm getting the new iPhone.. I really want to update to 5.1 and jailbreak my first iPad 3...so I say go for it. 6.0 will probably have bugs when it first comes out I bet.
Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha
04-27-2012, 06:18 AM #86
I say if it works for the iPad 3, go ahead and release it. If not, then wait for iOS6.
04-27-2012, 06:22 AM #87
Dont wait i want jailbreak my iphone 4 on 5.1 untherted
04-27-2012, 06:37 AM #88
Unlocks now almost never happen until recently with the sim hack, and jailbreaks now take months..
I personally still say release the 5.1 ... 6.0 is likely to be a major revision when it comes out, which I don't think it will until later this year or early next year.. It will probably have a host of new features .. and with new features come new vulnerabilities typically
04-27-2012, 06:39 AM #89
WAIT FOR iOS 6!
1. Like who even cares about 5.1 (4S users with battery problems I do understand if they feel differently)
2. 6 will have 10x the amount of features and all the people who get the debs to release for 5.1 will just turn into whining little ******* when 6 comes out, and I quote "WHERE'S MY IOS6 JAILBREAK YOU CRAPPY HACKERS WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH"
Yes, I am capable of time travel...
iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken Blackra1ned
THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!
04-27-2012, 07:20 AM #90
04-27-2012, 07:39 AM #91
04-27-2012, 07:42 AM #92
I've got the new iPad and the list of things that piss me off that can easily be fixed by jailbreaking is huge, yet releasing a jailbreak now is pointless if it gets patched in a couple of months with iOS6?!
04-27-2012, 08:08 AM #93
I own a iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 with untethered jailbreak and a iPad 2 on 5.1 non jailbreaked an would love to see the jailbreak released but also think the jailbreak should be saved for later but also concerned that like before apple may somehow find the exploit and seal it! So I don't know
04-27-2012, 08:31 AM #94
I HAD a jailbroken 4s .. Had an issue and was forced to upgrade to 5.1. .. It's not a deal beaker you just have to use workaround for some common annoyances. I'd say wait - since they kinda did a mild upgrade from the 4 to the 4s if I had to guess the iPhone 5 and iOS6 would be a major deal.
04-27-2012, 09:19 AM #95
i dont think they should waste their time on a 5.1 untethered jailbreak. with that said, when 6 releases, i can almost vouch for everybody that we want a super quick untethered release.
04-27-2012, 10:24 AM #96
04-27-2012, 10:34 AM #97
It really depends, Apple could patch the exploits for iOS 6 and we'd be screwed then...
04-27-2012, 10:35 AM #98
I have an iPhone 4 untethered at 5.0.1 as well as the same for my 4S. This is a difficult decision. iOS 6 could be completely redesigned and an exploit valid for 5.1 may not have any likeness to one that could be available for iOS 6. We just don't know. But I would certainly hate to waste an exploit that could allow us to have a much quicker jb for the new gen iPhone. I think the devs would have a lot more insight on that possibility and since they are the geniuses that keep us going with bad*** capabilities on our idevices I think we should all really just give them the choice and respect what they decide, but of course I can see from past jb's that there are completely ungrateful pos's out there that will just go nuts on them if they choose it's best to wait. I guess it's to difficult of a decision based on my knowledge base of exploiting iOS and would just have to say that I leave it up to the dreamteam to make the best decision for all of us overall.
04-27-2012, 10:36 AM #99
Yah definetly. They could find it an patch it any time...
04-27-2012, 10:52 AM #100
It doesn't matter which fw gets a jb, as long as it contains features that are worth exposing a precious exploit.
5.1 even breaks the bt shortcut I use daily, I believe.
And I don't feel sorry for anyone on 5.1, don't rush to satisfy them. I got my 4s on release, and wore out my f5 key for months waiting for a jb. But all that time allowed millions of people to get a jailbreakable 4s before apple blocked it.