Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
04-26-2012, 10:05 PM #61
I think we should wait! If iOS 6 Patches it, then we just release it for 5.1ModMyi Rocks!
04-26-2012, 10:10 PM #62
I never thought about the people that purchased a device with 5.1 already installed, thus leaving them in the dark regarding an untethered.
My first instinct would be that 6.0 would patch an untethered 5.1, so release.
04-26-2012, 10:21 PM #63
IOS 5 has given all it had, siri, imovie and iphoto where the mayor achievements of it and now it ran it self out. IOS 4 was at it best when it reached 4.3.3 and they actually bothered to release 2 updates that almost no one wanted download because they had nothing new and there was never an untethered JB of either one. Oh and chances are jail breaking ios 6 is only the beginning, we don't know what king of problems the iphone will bring to jail breakers so i say wait.
04-26-2012, 10:25 PM #64
I think it'd be good to just release the untether for 5.1. It's kind of a pain with no jailbreak for the devices that were shipped stock with ios 5.1, like the new iPad, since they can't be downgraded...
And while I do think that it may very well be possible that the exploits we have now could be used to jailbreak ios 6, we never know if they will work... I mean just look how long it took to jailbreak the iPad 2
04-26-2012, 10:31 PM #65
I say wait for at least the Beta of iOS 6 to see what it has instore. Make an untethered for 5.1 just in case and release it if there is a game changer released by iOS 6 Beta 1. If you agree, comment Saying so!
04-26-2012, 10:36 PM #66
04-26-2012, 10:38 PM #67
Also, just because (most of us) have paid for tweaks/themes/etc, doesn't imply a guarantee of any sort in terms to jailbreaking.
However, releasing now and dealing with 6.0 when it comes is one of the few valid arguments made in these comments, I thinkAnd it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
04-26-2012, 11:32 PM #68releasing is better than waiting
They also say about wasting 5 exploits if they release it now. Wont they be wasting 5 exploits when they release it anyway even if they wait for IOS6? How is waiting going to save those exploits?
If they wait and all the holes are fixed then they just wasted that time and they probably wont even release the 5.1 jailbreak so we are the ones that loose if they wait.
If they wait and IOS6 is total crap like IOS4 was then a lot of people wont want to update and they will still be on 5.1 without a jailbreak.
04-26-2012, 11:33 PM #69
I look at it this way, I don't know enough about coding to know if burning 5 exploits is a big deal or not, BUT, if JB devs are worried about it, I need to trust that some of these exploits may affect a iOS 6.0 JB.
The only thing that 5.1 gets me is a different camera button on my lock screen (already fixed by a tweak) and "4G" on my status bar. I can easily edit my software version file to install "5.1 only" apps, so that's a non-issue. With the new mobile substrate update, it's very easy to get out of a boot loop crash by just holding the volume up button during a re-boot (I've had to do it). I do feel for the 5.1 guys, but the needs of the many... (no Star Trek "needs of the one" retorts!!)
04-26-2012, 11:38 PM #70
Hackers should wait till all US Carriers bring back unlimited data for smartphones!
04-26-2012, 11:48 PM #71
Ofcourse they should release 5.1! Why wait
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM #72
04-27-2012, 12:11 AM #73Release 5.1
Having had my iPhone crash after installing an iPhone app from Cydia, my only option was to restore and upgrade to 5.1. It has been two weeks and I don't like the stock iPhone and am having jailbreak withdrawals and miss all the great jailbreak tweaks. I prefer not to wait until v6.0, but will patiently wait for an untethered jailbreak for 5.1.
Last edited by mgmm1; 04-27-2012 at 08:28 AM.
04-27-2012, 01:27 AM #74
wait for iOS 6 to be fully released to the public and then if the iOS 5.1 exploits don't help to jailbreak iOS 6 then release untethered jailbroken iOS 5.1 because then Apple will have to wait until 6.0.1 or 6.1 to patch those exploits which will at least buy us more time until the next update.
04-27-2012, 01:52 AM #75
I'm on the fence on this one
04-27-2012, 02:24 AM #76
i will go for 5.1 Untethered because ios 6 may have patched it already and then it would be tough to downgrade for A5 devices..
just release 5.1 untethered and then we can do with tethered jailbreaks for further ios till we get untethered..
release Untethered 5.1 a day before release of ios 6..so we can save 5.1 shsh and ios 6 jailbreak will not get affected..
apple needs some days to patch it so they will preferably release ios 6 as it is and patch it in ios 6.x..
Last edited by omkarbond_007; 04-27-2012 at 02:36 AM.
04-27-2012, 02:56 AM #77
04-27-2012, 04:29 AM #78
i say they should not listen anyone , do whatever they like.they know better than any of us.i dont think they would make a mistake on this one.lets just trust them.maybe this is selfish since im on 5.0.1 but.It would be alot worse if no jb comes out when there is ios6
04-27-2012, 04:44 AM #79
I was going to vote for iOS 5.1 but I he pointed out that they're going to be wasting exploits that could be used for the iOS 6 untethered jailbreak. I'm going to vote for them to wait If we wait, then we get the iOS 6 untethered jailbreak faster
Last edited by JPili; 04-27-2012 at 04:50 AM.
04-27-2012, 05:19 AM #80
It seems like iOS 6 won't be out for a while. iOS 5 came out fairly recently, and look at the interval between 4 and 5