Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] SpinTask - A Convenient App Launcher for iOS

Default [Review] SpinTask - A Convenient App Launcher for iOS

While the iOS home screen is generally simple to navigate in itself, we still continuously look for ways to make it easier to get to certain applications we use on an everyday basis. If you are one of these people, then you may want to refresh your Cydia sources to find a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed SpinTask by iOS developer Ariel Auiz. It even comes loaded with options in its preferences pane from the Settings application.

Illustrated by the screenshot above, you can see the interface of SpinTask. The user has the ability to choose the applications that appear in the interface from the preferences pane. This tweak gives the user the ability to launch up to four applications from literally anywhere in iOS – from the lock screen, from the home screen, or from within applications. The preferences pane for SpinTask is shown in the screenshot below:

Noticeable first-hand would be that SpinTask is an Activator-invoked tweak. We recommend using an Activator action you will be able to invoke from anywhere – for instance, status bar activation methods will not be available from certain places as not every application allows you to view the status bar to use it.

Apart from Activator, the main workings of the tweak involve swipe gestures and tapping. You can use swipes to select the application you want to open (a black box appears around it) and then you can tap on it to launch it. You can use anywhere between one and four fingers to swipe, and you can use anywhere between one and three fingers to tap. After picking your gestures and tap methods, you can pick the four applications that will be visible when you launch the SpinTask interface.

Using SpinTask does take some getting used to – it doesn’t look like anything Apple would want to implement into their operating system both visually and functionally. The interface is fuzzy and not very crisp on the retina display. Sometimes applications don’t launch correctly, however we recommend selecting an application with the swipe gesture before tapping on it as the success rate is higher when doing it that way. Honestly, the App Switcher is a faster application launching method and the tweak is far from perfect, but being that the tweak is free, we can’t help but say you should at least give it a try – you might like it. So what are you waiting for?!

Name: SpinTask
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ariel Auiz
    Editor's Rating:  2/5

Sources: Cydia
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-24-2012 at 03:32 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait is it called swipe task or spin task??

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Wait is it called swipe task or spin task??
    SpinTask .

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't really understand the need to swipe then tap to launch, are you not able to just invoke via Activator, then tap the icon of the app you want to launch?

Yeah the selecting then tapping (with the default having you tap multiple times) makes me think of dial phones. A retina interface would be nice. Since the icons are the same size as on the home screen, it doesn't really make sense to require a selection and confirmation method like this.

Thanks

We have yet for someone to ask about the wallpaper

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Useful tweak...I'll download it just because its free lol
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's the wallpaper in the pic lmao sorry had to

whats the name of that wallpaper?? lol jk. just had to say it cuz with every news that comes up that shows that background someone ALWAYS asks it. nvm it was an inside joke to myself lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toawkanavngthded View Post
    whats the name of that wallpaper?? lol jk. just had to say it cuz with every news that comes up that shows that background someone ALWAYS asks it. nvm it was an inside joke to myself lol
    Read the post right before you. It's an old joke now..

Hmmm, downloaded, installed, ran it for a few mins, uninstalled. Needs work, not a bad concept though, but needs work. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    We have yet for someone to ask about the wallpaper
    HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! LOL Good one !!!