+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Home Button to Change on 6th Generation iPhone?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Why mention Gene Munster and his dumb predictions?! First of all...such a ugly name...Makes me think of a retarded villain of some type. Second, why do you guys always quote
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Why mention Gene Munster and his dumb predictions?! First of all...such a ugly name...Makes me think of a
    retarded villain of some type.

Second, why do you guys always quote him, and why take this guy so seriously?! Seems like he is always saying something dumb or obvious. I can make guesses and "predict" obvious changes just as good as Mr. Munster can.
    El Zurdo

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It looks ugly. I just hope they make the home button so it doesn't lose sensitivity over time. I'm paying good money. The least they could do is make a high quality home button.

Thanks

this would be about the third device to supposedly be losing the button so that means it's probably about time for it to be right. usually takes the rumor being incorrect for at least one if not two generations before it finally comes true. Guess we can dream a little bit bigger than apple can deliver these days.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wish they put Notification light in home button.. One can wish right?

Thanks
    The right one is the new home button? Unbeleivable apple can make such a ugly design !

Thanks

Let me take this moment to say that the following is completely not sarcasm and 100% serious: I'm thoroughly convinced the home button (along with LTE) will be the killer feature of the next iPhone.

I envision an elliptical home button, possibly even square with very rounded corners, with touch-sensitivity in it, much like the click wheels on classic iPods. The extra lateral space will give you room to swipe your finger across it left or right to swipe through apps, just like the multitasking gestures on the iPad. It would also make multitasking a more core element of the phone instead of just a little swipey app tray hidden underneath your app that you have to double-click to open up.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Let me take this moment to say that the following is completely not sarcasm and 100% serious: I'm thoroughly convinced the home button (along with LTE) will be the killer feature of the next iPhone.

I envision an elliptical home button, possibly even square with very rounded corners, with touch-sensitivity in it, much like the click wheels on classic iPods. The extra lateral space will give you room to swipe your finger across it left or right to swipe through apps, just like the multitasking gestures on the iPad. It would also make multitasking a more core element of the phone instead of just a little swipey app tray hidden underneath your app that you have to double-click to open up.
    That's brilliant bro

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12