+ Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Your Jailbroken iPhone With SAM Today!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
what bb do you have on your 3gs?
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,623 Times in 1,551 Posts

what bb do you have on your 3gs?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Exactly why I stay away from unlocks. Problems, drama, Edge and old software, none of which are acceptable. From what I've seen so far, about 4 out of 5 people are having problems. I really cant see any benefit over the AT&T unlock, unless you're gonna trash your credit to go prepaid. Thanks anyways.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm with Beastly on this. I'll pass this time.

Thanks
    Per MuscleNerd yes because it's part of the Activation Ticket that is received from Apple.

Thanks

if all those 4 or 5 use the exactly steeps is impossible to not working my first attempt it was a failure but the second is working well

Thanks

Default Verizon iPhone 4S?
    so if i had a verizon or sprint iphone 4s what would this unlock allow me to do? Would I finally be able to put a At&t or T-mobile sim in? or will it just let me use foreign sims... havent seen anyone report this yet....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    4 out of 5 people are having problems.
    4 out of 5 people would %#$! up a free lunch. No surprises here.
    Hmm...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked great on my iPhone 4s orange uk locked with Australia Telstra sim. baseband 10.0.13

Brill thanks you guys :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    @yohu123 Yeah, dude. I'm pretty sure it's gonna work. This exploit tricks your iphone into thinking your sim belongs to the carrier it is locked to. Just try it. I'm gonna try it right now. I hope it works!!! :]

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just unlocked my 4s 5.0.1 locked to Sprint using both AIS and a True move sim!! (I'm in Thailand) Seems to be working good so far. Happy man!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    IT WORKED!!! I have the baseband that came with 5.0.1! AND IT WORKED!! DD

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately, it seems many people on MMi these days are very uneducated in these arts. I applaud the creator of this new technique, and I semi applaud MMi for posting this article.....I have not tried this, nor do I have a need too, so I cannot speak from personal experience.

But MMi.....you must know by now how many green users you have visiting this site. It seems almost.....reckless, to post this technique for the masses when it is largely untested. Yes, MuscleNerd has stated it works, but that is MuscleNerd....hardly your average user. I imagine this method is going to cause much more harm then good (based on what I have heard so far) to many visitors of this site.

I'm not saying you shouldn't post this info. But at a very minimum, inform people of what they are getting themselves into using this technique, and the dangers involved. I cannot believe there was no warning or disclaimer added to this article.

Everyone having problems, I wish you the best of luck. For everyone else out there that are thinking about trying this out....Wait! Let this be tested and tweaked before you take the risk....don't be a test dummy.
    El Zurdo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrjtang View Post
    I would put it in DFU mode, restore the phone and it should re-activate.
    It's giving me itunes error 1600 (with tinyumbrella running)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems many people on MMi these days are very uneducated in these arts. I applaud the creator of this new technique, and I semi applaud MMi for posting this article.....I have not tried this, nor do I have a need too, so I cannot speak from personal experience.

But MMi.....you must know by now how many green users you have visiting this site. It seems almost.....reckless, to post this technique for the masses when it is largely untested. Yes, MuscleNerd has stated it works, but that is MuscleNerd....hardly your average user. I imagine this method is going to cause much more harm then good (based on what I have heard so far) to many visitors of this site.

I'm not saying you shouldn't post this info. But at a very minimum, inform people of what they are getting themselves into using this technique, and the dangers involved. I cannot believe there was no warning or disclaimer added to this article.

Everyone having problems, I wish you the best of luck. For everyone else out there that are thinking about trying this out....Wait! Let this be tested and tweaked before you take the risk....don't be a test dummy.
    Guess I would be one of the noobs...lol. Can you explain the dangers in this? I have used SAM to get my push notifications working. But tried the same on my daughter's phone and it did not work so well. I have to pop and ATT sim in the phone after my issues..lol. But I can see how this can cause some issues, but more info would be awesome if you have time.

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Guys make sure when you're copying the IMSI, you are copying the IMSI under "SAM" and NOT "SIM".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cocco26 View Post
    if all those 4 or 5 use the exactly steeps is impossible to not working my first attempt it was a failure but the second is working well
    If its impossible to not work, why'd it take you 2 attempts?

I know there's always been a crowd that'll run a way old OS, jump through hoops, order sims online and restrict themselves to Edge to save $30 a month. For people outside of the US, ok. But Stateside, CDMA users need an approved ESN, I thought. But I can't fathom ANY AT&T user doing it, unless just tinkering. And I do see and have seen hella issues surrounding unlock. That's all I'm sayin.

BTW, isn't effing with the baseband the >ONLY< way to brick an iPhone?
    Last edited by Beastly L92; 04-22-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks

Beastly L92 because i don't do a steep and for that is not worked but then the second attempt work and just now i restored my phone and do it again and is working and guys is no danger for your phone i have iphone4 ios5.01 and bb 4.10.01 so is working for me.

and iLoveWindows&iPhone i prefer use this method than to pay 110 euro for unlock him so everyone make what they want this is a choice like it was ultrasnow for other bb.for me is working and f... vodafone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cocco26 View Post
    Beastly L92 because i don't do a steep and for that is not worked but then the second attempt work and just now i restored my phone and do it again and is working and guys is no danger for your phone i have iphone4 ios5.01 and bb 4.10.01 so is working for me.

and iLoveWindows&iPhone i prefer use this method than to pay 110 euro for unlock him so everyone make what they want this is a choice like it was ultrasnow for other bb.for me is working and f... vodafone
    It's a good thing for users outside of the US. But AT&T now unlocks your phone for free once you are out of your contract. If you are still in contract, why unlock? And as for CDMA iPhones, I thought CDMA providers required an approved ESN# to activate. I could be wrong, though.

Thanks
    Glad i don't have to mess around like this anymore decided to get a factory unlocked iphone 4s when i come out best thing i ever done. jailbroken on 5.0.1 and loving it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Oh yeah, it works. I have an iPhone 4 Baseband 04.11.08 and I finally unlocked my phone after about 6 months!!!!