Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Your Jailbroken iPhone With SAM Today!

Confirmed! Just sucessfully unlocked a Verizon 4S and made calls with my AT&T sim. sweet

i have unlocked my iphone 4s in one try using the orginal method, im located in DOMINICAN REPUBLIC currently using the service CLARRO which is owned by verizon, just to give a update, the last step required to plugg itunes and suppose to recieve a error message.. that steped never came up and my phone was unlock without the error message, maybe different service providers have different methods. BUT! heres my question im trying to do the same method on my friends iphone 4 5.0.1jb but as i did the process i get this message )you must select the orginal carrier SIMID of your phone) please someone explain to me how to get around this..

Once the I've unlocked a SIM using this method, backed up, then switch to another SIM, will I still have to go through SAM to unlock for the original SIM Card?

APPLE fixed this. No more SAM

Is it possible to unlock the verizon iphone 4 with sam and use it on sprint since these carriers don't need sims card to work?

doesn't work for me, telus in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by holycowe View Post
    APPLE fixed this. No more SAM
    when did they fix it? maybe thats why it's not working for me

Looks like Apple's currently fixing their activation servers. But the good news is that previous tickets gotten via SAM trick still work.
    The SAM unlock method will be a hit and miss until Apple rolls out the changes to block it across all the activation servers so you might still have a chance to unlock your iPhone using SAM. If you have already back it up. I suggest for you to take a backup of the activation key either using iFile or Redsn0w. Is pretty simple.

Be sure to save the unlock activation ticket from this trick..it will likely be useful for a long time! Even if Apple fixes the method.

i have backed up by ticket with ifile and emailed it to myself, the next step is how to retract back to the activation method using the ticket saved so i can use another prepaid sim on my iDevice. im aware apple has already patched there servers, i have tried to unlock my friends phone it just simply doesnt work. thank you for whoever knows the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis89 View Post
    i have backed up by ticket with ifile and emailed it to myself, the next step is how to retract back to the activation method using the ticket saved so i can use another prepaid sim on my iDevice. im aware apple has already patched there servers, i have tried to unlock my friends phone it just simply doesnt work. thank you for whoever knows the answer
    Im also wondering how to retract back to it if needed but the ticket you saved can ONLY work for that sim.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,019 Times in 2,343 Posts

well guys i just restore my iphone4 on ios5.01 and yes apple as patched the unlocks but i try it 4 times and now i manage to do with the save ticket for me is working u have to jailbreak you phone then ssh into the var-root-library-lockdown unrar your save ticket u have 3 folder do not past them there because after that itunes not recognize your phone so copy the contain of each folder from your save ticket to each folder from your phone but do not delete nothing u have to copy only 3 files the rest of the files do not copy them and respring and you are done.this work for me and i don't have sam installed and working.i hope this work for everyone

They fixed it yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Very interesting. After you restored how did you activate the phone first? Did the sim you did the procedure for activate the phone or did you have to put a official carrier sim back in to activate first? Was your unlock still there before restoring from backup or only after you did?
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you (work's been super stressful!). For clarification, the SAM exploit was the first time I had unlocked the phone as I bought it with 04.12.01 BB. Had issues after unlocking, so I did a restore through iTunes. After the restore, the unlock was still present as I was able to restore from my last backup on iTunes. Shortly after this, I decided to re-jailbreak without restoring and it remained unlocked. I only have a T-Mobile sim which worked for the entire process.

I will say though that I have since deactivated my SAM exploit as I finally received my email from AT&T stating that I am officially unlocked. I did, however, save my tickets just in case...

SAM has been officially patched by Apple. Anyone who unlocked their SIM cards before Apple fixed it can still backup their information and keep their unlock. The new redsn0w will backup the information needed for the unlock. If you haven't unlocked with this method already, there is no way to do so anymore.

Thanks

That was fast
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Can I use the saved ticket to unlock a different sim or carrier?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunga33 View Post
    Can I use the saved ticket to unlock a different sim or carrier?
    No

Please don't post the same question in multiple threads!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I am very sorry if this question has been asked b4..but as of 2day oct 11,2012 can u still use the SAM method to save activation ticket for future unlocks on iPhone 4/4S
    Thank u

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zoex117 View Post
    I am very sorry if this question has been asked b4..but as of 2day oct 11,2012 can u still use the SAM method to save activation ticket for future unlocks on iPhone 4/4S
    Thank u
    You can use it if you did this process back when it was working. If you are just trying to do it now, no you cannot.

Yea that's what I thought. Thanx

Cause I know apple patched that in like 4 days of it being made public

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast