Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] FaceTime QuickPick - Easier FaceTime Access

Default [GIVEAWAY] FaceTime QuickPick - Easier FaceTime Access

The iPhone 4 brought FaceTime to the iOS lineup and it has been introduced to every new iOS device since then, Macs included. FaceTime allows us to video chat with other iOS or Mac OS X users and it couldn’t be easier to use – or could it be? A new application dubbed FaceTime QuickPick by iOS developer tripkip makes it much easier to invoke a FaceTime video call with your contacts.

The point of FaceTime QuickPick is to make an address book-like application dedicated only to FaceTime. Normally when you want to FaceTime with a contact on your iPhone, you have to go into the Contacts application, find the contact, then tap on the FaceTime button, and then finally tap on the e-mail address or phone number you want to dial to get ahold of them. Repeating all of these steps can be cumbersome if you are a chronic FaceTime user.

FaceTime QuickPick is a standalone application, so you will need to open it after installing it and then add all of the contacts’ contact information (you can import from the Contacts application – so it's easy) for the contacts you plan to use FaceTime with. After you add them, you can simply tap on their names from the list and it will start a FaceTime call without the need to sift through numbers, e-mail addresses, and prompts. FaceTime QuickPick lets you sift through your contacts via first name or last name:

FaceTime QuickPick displays not only the contact’s name, but also their picture (when applicable) and their FaceTime phone number or e-mail address. FaceTime QuickPick’s one-tap access to FaceTime calls instead of going through multiple steps to start a FaceTime call is a minor time-saver, however the application doesn’t save a groundbreaking amount of time. It’s good for anyone who is lazy and doesn’t like all the tapping. It supports more than 30 different languages too!

Name: FaceTime QuickPick
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: FaceTime Capability
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: tripkip
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Don't want to pay for FaceTime QuickPick? – No problem. Tripkip was generous enough to offer to give away TEN copies of FaceTime QuickPick. If you want to win, leave a comment below and complete the widget below and get the most points:

Sources: tripkip
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-19-2012 at 06:20 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Seeing how worthless facetime is, I think I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthis View Post
    I'll bite, I actually like and use FaceTime a bit. Makes it easy to talk to my racing buddy and explain what kind of problem I'm having with different bike setups on varying terrain or if there's a mechanical problem and I need an extra set of eyes to diagnose a problem it really comes in handy some times. Hey I just ride the thing I didn't build it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthis View Post
    "worthless?" perhaps if you don't have any friends to FaceTime with, I could see why it's worthless TO YOU. I happen to enjoy FaceTime and appreciate it...

Agree with above .it's also nice to see a problem instead of trying to get a description and with it jailbroken an to beable to use it on 3g is nice don't use it all the time but it's nice to use .

This would be so helpful for my FaceTime. Please choose me thank you.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

or........you could just add contacts to favorites...lol

face time is still pointless because you have to do it via Wifi (yes, i know we can use stuff like 3G unrestrictor - i actually bought it). So... if you are stuck on wifi then why not just use your iMac or macbook air?

I want a copy this looks cool.

Thanks

I want this
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Even if I won by any chance, I would still donate to the author. Great Job! Very creative idea.

How do I redeem if I won?

How do I redeem if I won? Here's my Cydia Account # if that's how you redeem it. 1237512
    Last edited by Supermario20; 04-24-2012 at 12:45 AM.