+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gene Munster Says Pre-October New iPhone Launch Practically Impossible

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Without saying definitively that Apple's sixth generation iPhone can't be released this summer, prominent Piper Jaffray analyst and well-known Apple watcher Gene Munster said it is difficult to see how
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Gene Munster Says Pre-October New iPhone Launch Practically Impossible

Without saying definitively that Apple's sixth generation iPhone can't be released this summer, prominent Piper Jaffray analyst and well-known Apple watcher Gene Munster said it is difficult to see how a pre-October iPhone refresh is even possible.

According to Munster, if Apple were to unveil the next iPhone in June or July, it would likely still take another three months or so for supply issues with Qualcomm LTE chips to be resolved, making a widespread new iPhone rollout possible in the first place.

Munster said this morning that Qualcomm continues to combat nagging supply issues for its 28-nanometer LTE baseband. With LTE 4G connectivity all but assured for the next iPhone, Apple almost has no choice but to wait for a September or October release should the iPhone maker wish to continue working with Qualcomm.

"It is more likely the phone launches in October given Qualcomm commentary around 28nm chip supply," Munster said Thursday. "We believe Apple will include LTE in the iPhone 5 as an important feature in the product update."

But when the iPhone comes is less important than the changes coming to the iPhone - changes that Munster says will represent a compelling upgrade.

Sources: Bloomberg, Apple Insider

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

IDC because Siri directions still doesn't work in Canada. Lots of people keep saying it was clear it wasn't available, well then if thats the fact how could I and a couple thousand more miss it too. Considering i'm on this website and a couple more like it...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    IDC because Siri directions still doesn't work in Canada. Lots of people keep saying it was clear it wasn't available, well then if thats the fact how could I and a couple thousand more miss it too. Considering i'm on this website and a couple more like it...

Not to sound rude man, but yeah it was pretty obvious Siri was beta from the start...
    It sucks that it doesn't work for you, but it's not apples fault you thought it would.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post

Because you and the alleged other "couple thousand" can't read or pay attention. It's the same reason when I send a letter to someone with instructions, they totally ignore them or don't read them CAREFULLY. Quite simple answer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see a refresh happening so close to the i4S' debut. Why would Apple have the next iPhone step on the toes of the 4S' sales? Its just too soon. Hopefully we will see iOS 6.0 this summer and some much needed improvements over 5.0. Honestly, I'd be happy to run 5.0.1 with my current jailbreak for the rest of my life. My iPhone is zippy and has all of the features that I need/want. I'm soO glad I skipped the iPhone 4 and went to the 4S.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I don't see a refresh happening so close to the i4S' debut. Why would Apple have the next iPhone step on the toes of the 4S' sales? Its just too soon. Hopefully we will see iOS 6.0 this summer and some much needed improvements over 5.0. Honestly, I'd be happy to run 5.0.1 with my current jailbreak for the rest of my life. My iPhone is zippy and has all of the features that I need/want. I'm soO glad I skipped the iPhone 4 and went to the 4S.
    Just curious, what iPhone version did you have before getting the 4S? I had a 3G when I got my 4 and there's no way I would have waited any longer because my 3G was maxed out on HD space and slow as a bowel movement without my morning coffee. If I had a 3GS I probably too would have waited.

Thanks

2G 8GB > 3GS 16GB > 4S 32GB
    Next I'll be getting the one that comes out after my 2 year contract is up with 64GB. With this 1080p camera, games getting better/bigger, and all my music, 32GB is the bear minimum. I need 64GB.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You know, it seems that almost all of the predictions made by these analyst are completely wrong. Each year we go through the same deal and I honestly believe they are just paid under the table by companies like Apple to build hype.

Just because they've speculated, now we're going to get an iPhone 4 1/2 S, which would technically be iPhone 4 2/3. No new features, just .1 extra GHz and a "revolutionary" new app that for some reason can only be run on the new hardware ... and that's just a repurposed app that was already out there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This might be an issue if the Samsung Galaxy S3 comes out in May. While many apple fanboys won't spring for it, Samsung is pretty much their only competition in the smartphone arena. A 5 month head start is never a good thing, even for Apple...

Thanks

Yeah but you are forced to use the android OS and that is just asking too much for most of us. I've got a gingerbread device and I don't like it nearly as much as my iOS device. The things that actually matter are much much much better on the iOS side of things. I don't think that Android can make a device powerful enough or packed full of options enough to make me switch. At least not the way things are progressing as of now.

Thanks

Pretty soon data plans will cost more than voice. Not sure why the higher GB models are so much more expensive..I mean you can get a TB for much less in a backup drive..come on now! Its all business I know. They come out with iCloud. Now they want you to put your songs, movies, pics etc on it. Now you have to stream from iCloud to access all of these files=COST. You are paying all over again to access items you already purchased. I use iCloud on my 4GS and not on my 4. This way i have the best of both worlds..for now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah but you are forced to use the android OS and that is just asking too much for most of us. I've got a gingerbread device and I don't like it nearly as much as my iOS device. The things that actually matter are much much much better on the iOS side of things. I don't think that Android can make a device powerful enough or packed full of options enough to make me switch. At least not the way things are progressing as of now.
    I agree, the only downside is using Android, however ICS is quickly closing the gap against iOS. I have not personally used ICS yet, however it looks pretty polished compared to gingerbread.

Thanks

not only the OS but the appstore is a mess compared to Apple's

Green Apple
    Thanks

not only the OS but the appstore is a mess compared to Apple's
    +1 or more.

I HATED my Droid. So glad I got the 4s and my Verizon service....

Only reason I killed my iPhone was cause it was a 3G and no AT&T service where I traveled each day....