+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report Claims Apple is Planning Thinner, Lighter Liquid Metal Next-Gen iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Slimz It could be made out of titanium, it will still be a small screen, have terrible battery life and sport it's aging OS - other devices
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    It could be made out of titanium, it will still be a small screen, have terrible battery life and sport it's aging OS - other devices are catching up, it needs to evolve.
    You would never be happy regardless. And you know it. Back to your trolldroid and it's aging OS.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I wasn't aware I was only regulated to posting about how great these iDevices are now
    You're not. There are people who post here whose devotion to Apple approaches religious fundamentalism. There's no way to reason with them, so
    just say what you're going to say and accept that if it's even mildly critical of Apple, someone will accuse you of being stupid, poor, or a troll.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

A little sensitive are we? First of all, I've retired from a career and well into my second one. I've put my daughter through college, and I'll be damned if you are going to tell me what I can, and cannot say on a public forum. I wasn't aware I was only regulated to posting about how great these iDevices are now - with an attitude like that, you must be an Obama supporter too, right? Of course you are, you clearly can't think for yourself.

Secondly, I'm not trolling. I don't feel it's the best device made any longer, and frankly, it needs to evolve. It's time for Apple to innovate and push the envelope just like they did with the first-gen iPhone. I'm sorry, the small screen, the aging boring OS, the battery life that also plagues every smartphone on the planet, I don't care if this sucker is made out of gold, it's still the exact same iPhone - and from a company that doesn't have an R&D budget, I am starting to expect a little more - especially now that other products are slowly becoming just as good. I have an iPhone, matter of fact I own quite a few iDevices, and it's time to innovate a little more.
    I actually agree completely, but I still prefer apple devices over say Android. Apple has shown us over the last few releases that they know they can put as little effort and $ into a new gen device and people will go nuts over it. WE as consumers have actually allowed apple to be this way. If we demanded more from their product and reputation then we would probably gain more, but we buy whatever they put out in magnificent numbers. With 3D capabilities being added to competitor models I thought for sure we'd see that already in the 4s or new iPad. Apple is quickly falling behind. I hate to say it. I have big expectations for the next gen iPhone and will be incredibly disappointed if its more or less the same device with a few upgrades. They could've done some great things with new iPad, but really didn't add a whole lot. Here's your retina screen iPad, give us millions.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

heptamatic poly alloy rules!

Thanks

I just thought Of something, this means apple would use this for the backing of the next iPhone meaning it would likely be bigger! This would look exactly like the iPhones everyone have been desiring lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by budsalinger View Post
    I don't get how some people don't get that other people are entitled to have their preferences with regards to screen size.
    You know someone's lost an argument when they start falsely accusing opponents of saying "Anyone who disagrees with me isn't entitled to an opinion".
    Truly the lowest anyone can stoop in any argument ... and for my money, the one thing that SHOULD disentitle them to an opinion.
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 04-21-2012 at 07:40 AM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is. It's more of a breakthrough for Apple's bottom line than product design. The liquid metal is injected into molds. This allows for thinner, more intricate one piece designs. But it's also way cheaper and way faster than CNC machining. I'd imagine liquid metal mold injection is at least 50% more efficient than machining. I'm sure we'll see some "revolutionary design" that wasn't possible with CNC machining, but I think it's more of a step in the manufacturing process than design.
    +2
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I want this feature in the next iphone.

Cellphone Terahertz Chip See Though Walls

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Lol what use would that be? Nice idea though...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dustin942000 View Post
    I just thought Of something, this means apple would use this for the backing of the next iPhone meaning it would likely be bigger! This would look exactly like the iPhones everyone have been desiring lol
    It's build material, and more specifically in this instance, the build method, doesn't designate or even insinuate size.

For instance, the iPod nano. It is made of machined aluminum alloy. So, if instead of carving it out of a block of aluminum, they liquified the alloy and injected it into molds, the only benefits would be time, labor and the ability to make thinner, lighter, more intricate one-piece cases and frames.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Would rather have a bigger HD then a bigger screen for the same price. With so many people going from iPhone to iPhone, they need to do what they did with the 3GS. Discontinue the 16 gig, and make 32 the smallest.

Also, I didnt know that the 4S is the same as the original iPhone. We are all doing it wrong.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123