+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report Claims Apple is Planning Thinner, Lighter Liquid Metal Next-Gen iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I guess apple is always making revolutionary material, they do things that none of the other compeditor do all they do its come right behind them coping ideas, liquid metal
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess apple is always making revolutionary material, they do things that none of the other compeditor do all they do its come right behind them coping ideas, liquid metal would be pretty cool..and i should ignore the comments against apple products but i just can't stand the fact that all this idiots have all this negative comments, my question is if you have this ideas why dont you go into your garage and do what SJ did and make your little stupid idea come alive

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I would rather they invest money on a shatter resistance screen. The aluminum on the iPhone 4 is tough enough for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    Slimz has a point, who cares what it's made of if at the end of the day we get the same old design. The thing could be be made of pure diamond but then it's not going to do me any good if it has that stupid 3.5 inch screen. Oh! and they better use the same display tech as the new ipad on their next phone meaning in having the same color accuracy and saturation.
    If you're referring to the filter technology in the 3rd gen iPad's screen, I believe that is already present in the 4S' screen. As for liquid metal shells, I hope they do something better with the finish, because my SIM eject tool is a scratch-magnet, just like the shell of an iPod Touch!

Thanks

I don't under stand the need for a larger screen on the iPhone, one of the main selling points of the iPhone is the fact it fits most pockets! I have had no apple smart phones with larger screens and not only do they feel bulky in the pocket but the battery life is very poor! Then the need for ios to be over hauled!! iOS works it works well and does what it is ment to do, look at andriod, it is hit or miss cause its to fit 1000's of handsets! Yes I would like to see theming and better setting controls but that will come, specially the theming apple will see it as a new way to get funds from us!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    It will allow the iPhone to morph into different forms. Including knives, and stabbing weapons.
    ha ha excellent, great comment mate

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    I don't under stand the need for a larger screen on the iPhone, one of the main selling points of the iPhone is the fact it fits most pockets! I have had no apple smart phones with larger screens and not only do they feel bulky in the pocket but the battery life is very poor! Then the need for ios to be over hauled!! iOS works it works well and does what it is ment to do, look at andriod, it is hit or miss cause its to fit 1000's of handsets! Yes I would like to see theming and better setting controls but that will come, specially the theming apple will see it as a new way to get funds from us!
    I don't understand your inability to understand the need for a larger screen on the iPhone.
    One of the main selling points of phones with larger screens is the larger screen.
    Most of those sales are lost iPhone sales - to buyers who found the iPhone screen too small.
    The superior battery-performance of iDevices is down to efficient coding and the way iOS knits with hardware and not physical screen dimensions.
    Screens of the same resolution consume the same power - the iPhone is still high res but with small dimensions.

Be interesting to see how a 3.5" iPhone-5 did against a 4.5" iPhone-5.
    I'd say they'd be selling three or four 4.5-inchers for every 3.5-incher.

The ideal is about 4.7" - which fits easily in the pocket while permitting an enjoyable screen experience.
    To maximise sales, Apple should really be offering large and smaller-screened iPhones - but if they don't go that route, they'll sell more of the 4.7" version.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Puka1701 View Post
    If you're referring to the filter technology in the 3rd gen iPad's screen, I believe that is already present in the 4S' screen. As for liquid metal shells, I hope they do something better with the finish, because my SIM eject tool is a scratch-magnet, just like the shell of an iPod Touch!
    I don't think so!!! The new ipad's screen color saturation and accuracy makes the 4s look like 3rd gen. Also in terms of color accuracy/brightness but not contrast, it also blows away Samsung SAMOLED screens.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    I don't understand your inability to understand the need for a larger screen on the iPhone.
    One of the main selling points of phones with larger screens is the larger screen.
    Most of those sales are lost iPhone sales - to buyers who found the iPhone screen too small.
    The superior battery-performance of iDevices is down to efficient coding and the way iOS knits with hardware and not physical screen dimensions.
    Screens of the same resolution consume the same power - the iPhone is still high res but with small dimensions.

The ideal is about 4.7" - which fits easily in the pocket while permitting an enjoyable screen experience.
    To maximise sales, Apple should really be offering large and smaller-screened iPhones - but if they don't go that route, they'll sell more of the 4.7" version.
    amen brother......AMEN!!!!!!! you tell it!!!!!! +10000000

I also believe that all of this liquid metal business will mean that we consumers will not have a chance in hell in changing the batteries ourselves if it's going to be one piece metal body which means more mula for apple.
    Last edited by swifty7; 04-19-2012 at 05:26 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Interesting Wiki on LiquidMetal : -
    Liquidmetal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I don't think so!!! The new ipad's screen color saturation and accuracy makes the 4s look like 3rd gen. Also in terms of color accuracy/brightness but not contrast, it also blows away Samsung SAMOLED screens.

amen brother......AMEN!!!!!!! you tell it!!!!!! +10000000
    Screen size raises a lot of passion.
    Steve Jobs' intransigence on screen size has thrown a life-line to Android device manufacturers.
    Unless Apple bows to the burgeoning consumer demand for screens larger than 3.5", it will continue its loss of market share to Android.
    There will be many at Apple who understand this rather obvious fact - keen to increase screen size.
    With luck, Apple will ditch Jobs' difficult-to-understand policy and embrace the future.
    Go 4.7" iPhone-5 !
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 04-19-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Thanks

Sounds like good news if/when utilized. Maybe this is the technology needed to get us an iPhone that is as thin as an iTouch..FINALLY! iTouch does everything the iPhone does, except make native phone calls. If they tap into this and get it right, Apple will once again separate itself from the masses of smart phone makers. Also would like to see longer battery life. Smart phones have been out for years. Technology has advanced for cell phones in the past 5 years more than the previous 20. We will get their..baby steps it is

Thanks

When Apple buys Cyberdyne is when the revolution really begins.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

In other words, same phone, maybe 1 or 2 mm thinner but at twice the cost.

Green Apple
    Thanks

for sure more problems with signal!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tario70's Avatar
    Thanks

It would be interesting to find out what screen size actually means to potential buyers.

Personally, I couldn't disagree more with you. I've held Phones with the screen size mentioned and the Galaxy Note, and in my opinion, they are just too big. To me, the perfect screen size would be a modest bump to 4 inches. Anything bigger & I feel like I'm no longer carrying a smartphone, but a mini-tablet.

Of course, the one thing that holds true is that none of us will truly know anything about the New iPhone until it releases. So we might as well just enjoy waiting until October (& for me that is a long wait, as my launch day 3Gs is getting a bit long in the tooth!)

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

The next iPhone could be everything everyone ever wanted and people would still complain that it's not a big enough step and that they'll "wait for the next one".

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    In other words, same phone, maybe 1 or 2 mm thinner but at twice the cost.
    When has Apple EVER raised the price of any iOS device? If anything, they try to make them less expensive so more people will be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jrrtps View Post
    for sure more problems with signal!!!!
    No.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDiddler; 04-19-2012 at 09:38 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't understand the love for paper thin phones, I myself like my phone to have a bit of heft to it. Also people keep forgetting that thinner phones means bad battery life unless someone comes out with a new kind of battery tech.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to swifty7 For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (04-21-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't get how some people don't get that other people are entitled to have their preferences with regards to screen size. It's something us consumers have no control over. Best is to send apple an email with your few words and hopefully if they receive enough mail and if they care then maybe they will one day have an iPhone and an iPhoneXL.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

4" wouldn't be bad, but 4.7"? Nope. I have an iPad, thanks. I don't want a phone the size of a Pop Tart.

Not that it matters. If it has a 3.5" this October, there will still be lines in every store in the world. Has there ever been even one line for an Android device? But, they have 5" screens!? That means they're better! Unfortunately, stock prices and sales figures don't support that theory.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    It will allow the iPhone to morph into different forms. Including knives, and stabbing weapons.
    And will still have a glass face and back that can shatter on impact.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    agreed 1,000 %!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's worse, posting on all things iProduct or you using "1,000%"?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    You have a legitimate opinion. Next time share that opinion on a website that is NOT exclusively all things iProduct. People like you linger on websites like this one solely to post asinine comments like this one and nothing more. You don't contribute anything of worth. Its annoying and you know it. Please stop.
    A little sensitive are we? First of all, I've retired from a career and well into my second one. I've put my daughter through college, and I'll be damned if you are going to tell me what I can, and cannot say on a public forum. I wasn't aware I was only regulated to posting about how great these iDevices are now - with an attitude like that, you must be an Obama supporter too, right? Of course you are, you clearly can't think for yourself.

Secondly, I'm not trolling. I don't feel it's the best device made any longer, and frankly, it needs to evolve. It's time for Apple to innovate and push the envelope just like they did with the first-gen iPhone. I'm sorry, the small screen, the aging boring OS, the battery life that also plagues every smartphone on the planet, I don't care if this sucker is made out of gold, it's still the exact same iPhone - and from a company that doesn't have an R&D budget, I am starting to expect a little more - especially now that other products are slowly becoming just as good. I have an iPhone, matter of fact I own quite a few iDevices, and it's time to innovate a little more.
    Last edited by Slimz; 04-19-2012 at 07:47 PM.