+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] MorseCode - Type Using Morse Code

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Tired of typing out words using the iOS software keyboard? Try using Morse code. A new free jailbreak application dubbed MorseCode by iOS developer Kenneth Ackerson will let you use
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 735 Posts

Default [Review] MorseCode - Type Using Morse Code

Tired of typing out words using the iOS software keyboard? Try using Morse code. A new free jailbreak application dubbed MorseCode by iOS developer Kenneth Ackerson will let you use Morse code to type out your words and then copy the text you type to other applications. Unfortunately, it doesn't pull up a Morse code interface everywhere throughout iOS.

The interface is very minimal – you have the dits and the dahs as well as the space and the backspace buttons for aiding you through your typing. At the top of the application is a copy button so you can copy your text and then paste it into another application. The application doesn’t appear to make any sounds when you’re typing with it, however the application does work very well in terms of typing. Oh and one more thing – MorseCode is ad-supported.

The application is not a practical replacement for the iOS keyboard, however it’s a fun way to show off with friends. Since you have to copy and paste all the text you create in the MorseCode application to other applications, you will have to do a whole lot of multitasking just to get a body of text going. Another downfall is that it requires you to know Morse code. Fortunately, if you don't know Morse code, then you can tap on the Help button in the top left of the application and a learn Morse button will bring up a small window with all of the Morse code codes listed out for you to use.

While an experienced Morse coder will be able to type at a decently quick pace, the iOS keyboard is still capable of typing faster. The option to type using Morse code is a cool idea, but it just isn't practical enough for everyday use. It might be cooler if you could pick between the iOS keyboard and the Morse code interface inside of any application instead of being bogged down the MorseCode application only. The application is free for your own entertainment in the Cydia store today!

Name: MorseCode
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Kenneth Ackerson
    Editor's Rating:  2/5

Sources: Kenneth Ackerson

Thanks
    This would be awesome to have as a lockscreen passcode, let's get it done MMi community

Green Apple
    Thanks

Isn't this just a copy of the google tap april fools day joke?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by epikarus View Post
    Isn't this just a copy of the google tap april fools day joke?
    That's what I was wondering too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by btowne View Post
    This would be awesome to have as a lockscreen passcode, let's get it done MMi community
    iDitDahText sounds like it works everywhere; it's featured on Cydia's homepage and has lots of other useful features

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why Didn't I Take That Morse Code Class Ughhh Now I Can Never Use This App Lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This looks terrible. If I want a replacement keyboard that only works inside of the app then I'll stick to the app store. I see no reason for that kind of limitation on the cydia store.

Only use I could see for this is trying out morse code before getting iDitDahText. Even then, iDDT has a much better way of learning and getting used to morse code through a plugin for a typing practice app.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

One question.....WHY?