Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cards for iOS Gets Mother's Day Card Support and More

Default Cards for iOS Gets Mother's Day Card Support and More

When Apple announced the iPhone 4S, they also announced the Cards application for iOS, which allows the iOS device user to make cards for their loved ones and then mail them directly to the recipient from the iOS device itself. The iOS device user then gets a notification when the card is delivered. Cards supports numerous things, however the new update (1.1) brings support for Motherís Day, get well soon cards, and more designs on top of everything.

With Motherís Day being May 13th (that's right; don't forget!), it seems like the update was just in time for all of us. Making and mailing a personalized card from the Cards application will cost the iOS device user $2.99 for deliveries in the United States or $4.99 for deliveries internationally. The cost does not come out of your iTunes store credits, instead it will be charged from the credit card attached to the iTunes account.

Apart from the support for Motherís Day and get well soon cards, more card designs have been added to the Birthday card section, thank you card section, and others. Cards also receives a, "simplified" and, "improved" checkout process and an address accuracy fix in version 1.1.

If you own the application already, you can find the update under the Updates tab in the App Store application on your iOS device, or you can download the application for free from this link.

Sources: 9to5Mac

Cool beans.

Very good timing of updating this card app. Anyway i don't have this app yet but i will have it.

I wish they'd make a version for the iPad. It seems silly that we can only use the iPhone or iPhone version on the iPad to make cards with.

Agree Why is this not available on the iPad?

I've been under a rock. This is the first I've heard of it. For those who've used it, is it worth it? ~$3 is about the same price you'd pay to go out, buy a nice card and mail it (plus, you can be lazy about it), so I'm curious.

Banned
    Thanks

Its like just about every other app. It's free for the app but you have to pay to use it.

I would make a comment here but the mods will just delete the whole post so just guess what I would've written here instead.

Thought I was going mad for a moment we have had mothers day in the UK lol

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.