+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major WinterBoard Update Brings Speed and Many Bug Fixes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Great so after updating I now have lost my status bar clock when a theme is selected. Fix one thing break another. Any one else with this problem?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Great so after updating I now have lost my status bar clock when a theme is selected. Fix one thing break another. Any one else with this problem?

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plnkeye21 View Post
    The Winterboard update includes a fix for time styling, which had been broken for a while. If you have a theme installed that has time styling, the styling was inactive with the old Winterboard version and is active with the new Winterboard version. If your time looks weird, the theme probably just needs to be updated a little bit.

Thanks

Ok just updated and have a question.Does winterboard play nice with springtomize2? I tried this a while ago cause I wanted a tweak in springtomize but when I set it up it gave me a dismiss error unless Winterboard was turned off but ididnt want to do that so I just continued to use WB and not SM2.I just updated WB and tried SM2 again same dismiss every time I respring but I dismiss and it all seems to work ok.The tweak in SM2 I am trying to use is the convex icon dock.Is there any other tweak that will do this?The error says (you have enabled a label modificatio in Srigtomize (Custom Color Custom Size) Those options cannot work along with winterboard.Please either disable Winterboard or label customization options. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks, HIP5
    Last edited by Hip5; 04-16-2012 at 09:23 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem, no solution yet :/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I found a solution, SSH into your device go to Library\Themes\NameOfTheme.theme. Open the main info.plist and delete the part that says
    TimeStylecolor: transparent; text-shadow: transparent 0px 0px 0px it might look a little different than this. When that's deleted save the file and respring. Your time should show up. Hope this works!

Note: ALWAYS BACKUP FILE(S) USED

Thanks

so does this update fix the quarter screen bug that im pretty sure winterboard was causng? anybody experiencing that still?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is it still a memory hog? (Hog might be a little too harsh of a word) but that's the only reason I haven't installed it on the 4S since I got it at launch. Have always had and loved it on all other iPhones....

Banned
    Thanks

Very useful updates! I must install this.

Thanks

Ozzy, thank you bro! I figured it had to do with Time Styles. I emailed Saurik that last night but never heard back. Appreciate your help!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

A LOT smoother. I'm sitting here just scrolling through my pages for no reason other than to admire the smoothness. Also, theme wasn't broken (Jaku) so, so far so good. Great update!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Already had winterboard installed, updated and didn't feel much difference... But thanks to MMI, I set 'SummerBoard' mode off and immediately felt an improvement! Great update Saurik

Thanks

Has any one had any issues with the dock clock disappearing after this update? Cause am running iOS 5.0.1 on my i4 and it was working flawless up until I did this update. Now my dock clock won't show and it only shows when I go into Cydia but when I back out it goes away!! Which really sucks cause I use my phone a lot and every time I needed to look at the time it was there but now I have to lock my phone look at the lock clock then unlock it to resume use of it!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Has any one had any issues with the dock clock disappearing after this update? Cause am running iOS 5.0.1 on my i4 and it was working flawless up until I did this update. Now my dock clock won't show and it only shows when I go into Cydia but when I back out it goes away!! Which really sucks cause I use my phone a lot and every time I needed to look at the time it was there but now I have to lock my phone look at the lock clock then unlock it to resume use of it!!
    It's addressed like 5 posts above yours..

Anyway! Yay! I just removed Barrel because no need anymore. The paging is smooth!!
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hip5 View Post
    Ok just updated and have a question.Does winterboard play nice with springtomize2?
    You should talk to the developer of Springtomize about this. This version of Winterboard improves its handling of icon labels, so it should be able to work better with Springtomize, but that developer is really the person who will know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by embw View Post
    so does this update fix the quarter screen bug that im pretty sure winterboard was causng? anybody experiencing that still?
    I don't think Winterboard ever caused the quarter screen bug, but it definitely doesn't now. That bug happens if you have a package installed that isn't properly compatible with iOS 5.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to brittag For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-17-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hip5 View Post
    Ok just updated and have a question.Does winterboard play nice with springtomize2? I tried this a while ago cause I wanted a tweak in springtomize but when I set it up it gave me a dismiss error unless Winterboard was turned off but ididnt want to do that so I just continued to use WB and not SM2.I just updated WB and tried SM2 again same dismiss every time I respring but I dismiss and it all seems to work ok.The tweak in SM2 I am trying to use is the convex icon dock.Is there any other tweak that will do this?The error says (you have enabled a label modificatio in Srigtomize (Custom Color Custom Size) Those options cannot work along with winterboard.Please either disable Winterboard or label customization options. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks, HIP5
    The Themes tab on springtomize dont work when WInterboard is enabled

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    It's addressed like 5 posts above yours..

Anyway! Yay! I just removed Barrel because no need anymore. The paging is smooth!!
    Oh yeah thanks I just went back and read all that even read a post where someone's says how to fix it just deleted the time style from info plist in my theme's Files using ifile respringed and fixed

Thanks

Hello

For the time style bug, like a guy say it earlier, you can find it in the info.plist in your folder theme

Exemple, for me it's:

TimeStyle

color : transparent
    You can delete this, and the clock come back in the stat bar.

But now, you can also custom the line : opacity, shadow, position, all works perfectly !

[quote]
    TimeStyle

opacity: 0.9; color : white; text-shadow: 0032c8 0px 0px 3px; position: absolute; top: 0px; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: -1px
    Exemple with this code with my theme

It's wonderful ^^

Someone can explain what is the wallpaper.html multitouch ...? I don't find anything on this...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark2naruto View Post
    Someone can explain what is the wallpaper.html multitouch ...? I don't find anything on this...
    The note about "HTML Wallpaper Multi-Touch" covers the fix to this reported bug.

Thanks

Thanks for this answer
    IOS Theme Designer - Follow me @Dark2Naruto78

Excuse my English, I'm French

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the missing status bar clock, PLUS all the dock labels are missing

Any fixes from anyone please?

Thanks