+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 4/9 - 4/15

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of April 9th until today, April 15th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a recap. 1. Stride -
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 4/9 - 4/15

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of April 9th until today, April 15th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a recap.

1. Stride - $2.99

Stride is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Adam Bell. It allows you to unlock your iPhone or iPod touch using a personalized, drawn pattern instead of having to use a numeric pass code or text-based password. Drawing a pattern to unlock your iOS device has the advantage of being as random as you want it to be and really allows you to personalize iOS to a whole new level. Even the renowned AndroidLockXT isn’t as great as Stride because with the Android-like lock screen you are limited to shapes that can be made with nine dots. Stride allows you to free-hand your drawing and then unlock your device with it. It’s not overly tough on recognizing your drawing and it works as well as it looks!

2. Fusion - $2

Fusion is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer HomeSchoolDev. Fusion’s purpose is to allow you to use iOS 5’s Twitter interface to post to a social network of your choice instead of only Twitter. Using an Activator action pulls up the Twitter interface and Fusion will allow you to post to Twitter, Facebook, FourSquare, or even MySpace. Facebook integration has been highly demanded by iOS 5 users after seeing how easy Twitter integration made it to Tweet to Twitter. With Fusion, you can have Facebook integration whether Apple plants to give it to us or not. Unfortunately, you’ll still be locked down to Twitter’s 140 characters no matter what social network you post to.

3. VPNOnly - $3

VPNOnly is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Aleksey Ovchinnikov. It allows you to forward all Wi-Fi information through a virtual private network (VPN) to help encrypt your information. It’s aimed more at the people that use free Wi-Fi hotspots such as at public coffee shops. It doesn’t enable the VPN over your cellular network. VPNOnly relies on a VPN service being present on the iOS device you use it on – it works with any one you want to use. If you’re constantly on the go and using public Wi-Fi, you may want to check this out to help keep your information safe.

4. AlwaysClose - FREE

AlwaysClose is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer ihkltc. It allows you to have the application close buttons already enabled on the application icons when you launch the multitasking App Switcher, allowing you to automatically start closing applications without having to use your time to hold down on an icon to place them into jiggle mode to close them. It’s a minor timesaver that helps add to the ease of use for iOS. It’s not for everyone, as it does remove one of Apple’s fail-safes for preventing accidents. AlwaysClose makes it easy to accidentally close an application when you didn’t mean to.

5. SliderWidth - FREE

SliderWidth is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer rvirajm. It allows you to manually adjust how side your slide to unlock bar will be on your lock screen. It has support for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. With it, you can not only make the slider as wide as you want it, but you can put whatever text you want in it or even enable the Apple logo in the slider. It is recommended you don’t try enabling the iPad settings on an iPhone or iPod touch. While it’s not particularly useful, it’s great having the freedom to adjust things exactly how you want them.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on ModMyi!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-15-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks

Stride is definitely the best... Not very good tweaks this week
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

yeah fusion and stide are some im definetly going to get

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Had to restore...not even jailbroken anymore so I won't be using any tweaks for a while

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How are these considered the "best" tweaks when they were the only ones?

Thanks

Of course these were not the only ones...theres redire, ResetAllKiller, NotweetKeyboard, etc.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kpallen1 View Post
    How are these considered the "best" tweaks when they were the only ones?
    If you have not noticed.....they do this every week. Some weeks are better then others, this happened to be a pretty....weak week. I still appreciate the recaps though. It also ranks the tweaks from best to worst, in their opinion. It also provides a forum for us to talk about all of the tweaks, and give our own opinions.
    El Zurdo

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Of course these were not the only ones...theres redire, ResetAllKiller, NotweetKeyboard, etc.
    EXACTLY!!! Haters gonna hate though........

I /also/ enjoy this weekly segment. Thanks for posting it. I look forward to next weeks as well.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Thanx for he tweaks info gonna check some out.

Thanks

nice, SliderWidth is 5th.