Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] NCDate - Add A Date and Time Widget to Notification Center

Default [Review] NCDate - Add A Date and Time Widget to Notification Center

For most people it will be easy enough to just look at the icon of the Calendar application on the iPhone home screen to see what the date is or to look on the status bar to see the time. However, if you think it would be more convenient to see the date and time neatly displayed in Notification Center instead, then a new free jailbreak widget dubbed NCDate for Notification Center by iOS developer drewsdunne will give you that functionality. The widget is shown in the screenshot above.

If you own IntelliScreenX and have it installed, then you already have the date and time displaying in your Notification Center and installing this tweak would cause a redundancy in your Notification Center. If you donít have IntelliScreenX, chances are youíre not seeing the date in your Notification Center, although the time always shows in the status bar regardless.

NCDate is a very simple widget, having no real function other than showing the date and time. There are no options to configure for it and tapping or scrolling on the widget will not do anything; the widget is merely for display only. You can drag NCDate in and out of Notification Center on demand from the notifications preferences pane in the Settings application.

In terms of appearance, it also falls under the simple category. The only content in the widget is the large, white text, although it takes up the same amount of space as both of Appleís other two widgets, which may be slightly unnecessary. I wouldn't mind an option to adjust the text size so it wasn't so large or to change the date and time format so everyone with their own tastes could be happy.

With the elegant simplicity of NCDate, itís certainly an alluring option to iOS, however if youíre content with using the Calendar application, status bar, or your lock screen to see what the date or time is, then this tweak may not be in your tastes. It is free today in Cydia, so be sure to check it out if you are interested.

Name: NCDate for Notification Center
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: drewsdunne
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Sources: drewsdunne

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

mrancaraven (04-14-2012)

Works well with iPhone 4s, but looks a little out centred on iPad2.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mc-Lovin_341 For This Useful Post:

mrancaraven (04-14-2012)

Or you can go into SBSettings, which you probably already have if you're jailbroken, and just enable the date indicator in the status bar.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to brodimus For This Useful Post:

mrancaraven (04-14-2012)

Is it only in 24 hr?
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JimboHurt For This Useful Post:

mrancaraven (04-14-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

No need ???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    Is it only in 24 hr?
    Yep
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I prefer to look at the time in the status bar and use SimpleDate to have the date in my NC. It takes up much less room.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm amazed so many people still drool over SBSettings.

When there's anything else with as many useful toggles as SBS, then you can talk.

Banned
    Thanks

I find it stupid to put the clock in NC as you have to swipe down on the clock to open NC but having the date is ok as you dont have the date on the status bar.
    its like making a tweak that when you swipe the status bar is shows the status bar. LOL

Did anyone notice the time is not running?

Yeah .. I noticed that the time is not running .. It's stuck at when you installed it .. Useless tweak ... Shld update it ..

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brodimus View Post
    When there's anything else with as many useful toggles as SBS, then you can talk.
    Intelliscreen X. You can also completely customize Notification Center, which is, you know... already there.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDiddler; 04-19-2012 at 10:45 AM.