Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] AppMosaic - Show Top 200 App Store Apps As Mosaic Pattern

Default [Review] AppMosaic - Show Top 200 App Store Apps As Mosaic Pattern

The App Store comes with a feature allowing you to view the top 200 free or paid applications. This is handy for most people trying to find new things to try on their iOS devices. While itís handy, iOS developer ctrled tried their hand at creating a new tool for showing the top paid or free App Store applications in a mosaic pattern instead of making you go into the App Store and perform the infinite scroll through the list of applications. The application is called AppMosaic and itís available for free in Cydia today.

The application adds an icon to your home screen, which launches the interface in the screenshots above. The application starts out by allowing you to choose between the top 200 paid for free App Store applications (this is not for Cydia tweaks). Once it loads up, youíll see a mosaic pattern of all of the applications fill up your screen. You can tap on one of the icons to bring up the information pane at the bottom of the screen.

Double-tapping on the information pane will launch the App Store application and load up the application you were getting information about from AppMosaic. The information bar will only show the name of the application along with the author, while the App Store goes more into depth including a description, reviews, and more.

AppMosaic is ad-supported, so if youíre not too friendly with ad-supported applications then you probably wonít like using it. The interface is also very exotic in comparison to the iOS appearance principles, however it loads up rather quickly and someone somewhere will enjoy using it as an application discovery tool. Itís free so give it a try!

Name: AppMosaic
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: ctrled
    Editor's Rating: / 2.5/5

Sources: ctrled

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Seems like an interesting concept, but I don't see it being useful BECAUSE there is not enough information about the app in the initial mosaic view. This will make you have to tap, untap, etc.... At least in the app store I can keep on scrolling uninterrupted without having to stop and back up and such. Basically I think it'll be harder to review the apps this way because of the added steps involved and the constant stopping. I don't think this interface works. Props for trying.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Great idea, this could be really cool with some improvements.
    El Zurdo

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

This is good if you're OCD and like to have certain colors in certain places on your home page. Since it's the top apps at least you're likely to find something decent.