Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] NoTweetKeyboard - Get Your Normal iOS Keyboard Back When Tweeting

Default [Review] NoTweetKeyboard - Get Your Normal iOS Keyboard Back When Tweeting

iOS 5 comes with integrated Twitter options for signing into your account and being able to Tweet things from anywhere in iOS – or at least almost anywhere. After jailbreaking, you can install Activator and gain the ability to Tweet from the home screen as well, all without the need to attach your location or a photograph. No matter how you Tweet however, there’s just one thing that iOS developer Hiraku couldn’t stand and that’s the at symbol and hashtag appearing on the main keyboard.

The new jailbreak tweak dubbed NoTweetKeyboard is free in Cydia today and will replace the at symbol and hashtag on your Twitter keyboard with the original return key that is normally in the bottom right of your iOS keyboard.

The practicality of this jailbreak tweak is very moot, in fact probably very doubtful. When using the Twitter interface in iOS, it only makes sense to have an at symbol and hashtag available so you can mention people and show off trends. With this tweak, you are making it more difficult to reach those keys, as like with the normal iOS keyboard, you will have to do some digging around to find them instead of having them made available to you right in front of your face from the get-go.

NoTweetKeyboard has no option to configure from the Settings application, so to disable the tweak you’ll need to uninstall it. If for any reason you don’t want to have those Twitter symbols on your main iOS keyboard when composing a Tweet, definitely give this free jailbreak tweak a try.

Name: NoTweetKeyboard
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Hiraku
    Editor's Rating:  1/5

Sources: Hiraku

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Worse tweak ever!!!
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    Worse tweak ever!!!
    Why? I see no use for it so I wont use it, but the author did - just because you don't want something doesn't mean no one does.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My keyboard in twitter has a return key anyway and no @ or # on the main board. Possibly due to using british settings?

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Agree
    Worse tweak ever!!!
    The tweet keyboard, was made, to tweet. Why change it back?
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    The tweet keyboard, was made, to tweet. Why change it back?
    Seriously...
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Thanks

Worse tweak ever!!!
    Let's see you make a tweak like this. No? Then congratulate the author without ripping on his product and move on. You don't need to like/use this, but that doesn't make it the worst ever.

Banned
    Thanks

Thats just stupid as you use those 2 in Tweets so why remove them?
    Thats probably the only place I use them. I dont hashtag on facebook or anywhere else but twitter.

I don't has tag in twitter but I do use paragraphs, those keys are available with a couple of extra keystrokes, but with the 'Twitter keyboard' how do you do a carriage return?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I dont see the difference.... Besides a slightly bigger tweet sheet ._.