+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Enforcing Security Questions for Apple IDs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default Apple Now Enforcing Security Questions for Apple ID's

The Apple App Store is without a question the most popular App Store in the world Ė housing more applications than any other. Itís also the most heavily targeted App Store for hackers trying to make away with your account information. Starting today, Apple will be trying to prevent hackers from being able to steal your Apple ID from you by forcing users to set three security questions upon the purchase of anything from the iTunes store.

When attempting to download anything from the iTunes Store, if the user doesnít have an alternate e-mail address and security questions set, the user will be prompted, like the screenshot above, to enter their security information that they will use when Apple suspects malicious activity occurring on the userís Apple ID.

While some of this may seem tedious, itís not a bad idea to secure the Apple ID you own, which is sometimes associated with your credit card. Once you have your Apple ID secured, Apple wonít bug you about it anymore. So why not get started now and do everything you can to try and stay safe from Apple ID thieves?

After the user secures their Apple ID, they will receive the following e-mail from Apple in the e-mail inbox of the main e-mail address associated with the Apple ID:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    Thank you.

Youíve taken the added security step and provided a rescue email address. Now all you need to do is verify that it belongs to you.

The rescue address you have given us is [email protected]. Just click the link below to verify, sign in using your Apple ID and password, then follow the prompts.

The rescue email address is dedicated your security and allows Apple to get in touch if any account questions come up, such as the need to reset or change your security questions. As promised, Apple will never send you any announcements or marketing messages to this address.
    Sources: The Next Web

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya did this to me a few days ago. I always find these questions quite humorous. I find myself thinking back to my childhood, my first school, my best friend, and the memories that accompany these questions.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

rather than having to always enter the whole password I wish apple would make it more like a bank and use 3 or 4 letters from the password save having to always type the whole thing

4. The Following User Says Thank You to scroogelives For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (04-13-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

One extra step....I already hated that they made me use a capital letter in my password

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    rather than having to always enter the whole password I wish apple would make it more like a bank and use 3 or 4 letters from the password save having to always type the whole thing
    Hate the 3 or 4 characters out of your password, was the 11th letter in my password a I or a 1, and what was the 9th character in a 24 digit password

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I wish you could make your own questions.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    One extra step....I already hated that they made me use a capital letter in my password
    I HATE the capital letter!!!! Not really a extra step though...I mean u only do it once....really not asking to much, and if it makes our accounts safer then yay.
    El Zurdo

*T*
    Thanks

I like xxx.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tonite I started twice to download an app To my iphone that i found on Stumbleupon. When I got this warning, I stopped, thinking someone was phishing. I got on my iPad and changed my password right away. Now I find this article! Too funny. Thanks ModMyi!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

This got me the other day and I stopped what I was DL'ing and searched the web for 20 minutes until I felt it was Kosher and I wasn't being targeted somehow........having never been asked before. Apple really should make this information more obvious when they do this stuff.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s