+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Stride - A New Way to Unlock Your iOS Device

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by JSkywalker217 Will it work with ICaughtyou Pro? I have that and it works with my passcode. If it doesnt work with it then I will not get
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JSkywalker217 View Post
    Will it work with ICaughtyou Pro? I have that and it works with my passcode. If it doesnt work with it then I will not get it.
    it works just fine with iCaughtu pro if you have a pin enabled and do not set stride to bypass pin. But if set to bypass pin, then no notification is made or picture taken. Just tried it out myself

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    It sounds like the button on the bottom right, if you don't have a pass code, will let you bypass.

So what is the point of this??

Basically you still have to use iOS's regular passcode if you want security. Because if you don't, anyone can skip the drawing process and tap the bottom right button!

It makes this tweak purely just for fun and not any real use.

Am I understanding it correctly? I hope not

the pin option does not go away when set to skip pin, but when you prees the button to enter the pin, it will still ask for your set pin. so it is not a security gap
    Last edited by morbidpete; 04-11-2012 at 08:49 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think the app is excellent. Regarding the bypass button (bottom right) it's fine. Here's how I set mine up.

Enabled passcode lock in iphone settings,
    "Enabled Stride" in Stride settings
    Enabled "Skip PIN Entry" in Stride settings

If you set it up like above, pressing the bypass Stride button, will take you to the regular lockscreen where you have to enter your passcode. (it doesn't go to your Springboard as some have suggested). Given that you have Passcode enabled.

To further modify:
    I installed NoLockScreen tweak (this is so you don't have to initially "swipe to Unlock" to get to the Stride "Draw Password"
    I installed StatusTweak (so I can have a clock in the status bar of my Draw Password screen instead of the Lock icon.

So now, I wake up my phone, straight to the Stride screen (which has a clock in the status bar - if I only want to check time) or I draw my passcode then go straight to my SB.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    It sounds like the button on the bottom right, if you don't have a pass code, will let you bypass.

So what is the point of this??

Basically you still have to use iOS's regular passcode if you want security. Because if you don't, anyone can skip the drawing process and tap the bottom right button!

It makes this tweak purely just for fun and not any real use.

Am I understanding it correctly? I hope not

the pin option does not go away when set to skip pin, but when you prees the button to enter the pin, it will still ask for your set pin. so it is not a security gap

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    What if you are a pixel off? Seems stupid, not sure how this got 4/5
    You draw the pattern three times, and it "Averages" all three of them. Notice how each "stroke" is a few pixels wide, so this error won't ever happen.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenelf View Post
    You draw the pattern three times, and it "Averages" all three of them. Notice how each "stroke" is a few pixels wide, so this error won't ever happen.
    The error happened to me so I uninstalled it

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Seems any drawing will unlock your device. Plus the transition from the lock to your home is very slow. Not very safe. Cool concept. I uninstalled.

Thanks

works great alongside android lock xt

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skatelakai12 View Post
    works great alongside android lock xt
    Wow
    Facepalm
    Um you can't use both at the same time if there both ways to unlock the device, if your referring to turning off Android Lock then okay but no the other way

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12