+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another Foxconn Employee Speaks on Next iPhone Release, Contradicts Earlier Claims

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
According to an article in the Maeil Business Newspaper a Foxconn employee leaked information claiming the new iPhone will be released in October. According to the article, the newspaper contacted
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Another Foxconn Employee Speaks on Next iPhone Release, Contradicts Earlier Claims

According to an article in the Maeil Business Newspaper a Foxconn employee leaked information claiming the new iPhone will be released in October.

According to the article, the newspaper contacted the chief of human resources at Foxconn’s facility in Taiyuan, China to ask about hiring and future iPhone production plans. The employee than disclosed that the company just received an order from Apple for the iPhone 5 ahead of an expected launch date “around October.”

According to a recently published article, the paper asked the head of human resources at Foxconn's Taiyuan factory about the iPhone 5 release date. The human resources head apparently told the paper, "We just got the order. It [the release] will be around October." — Kotaku
    This report of course contradicts a report last week in which a Foxconn recruiter claimed the next iPhone was slated for a June release. However, the one thing the two do agree on is Foxconn is on an all out hiring spree so the company can fulfill Apple’s order. It seems odd that the head of HR at Foxconn would throw out bold and specific claims of this nature. Surely an individual in this position would understand Apples obsession with security.

Oddly enough, when the newspaper attempted to follow up with Foxconn’s head of public relations they were told the PR head was “on vacation” and unable to comment.

Source: Kotaku

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I put no stock on lowly employee leaking info on release dates...
    If it is in October it would be perfect for me, my 2 year contract is up on 09/15!! Enough time to get my iPhone 4 unlocked then maybe switch service provider.
    Last edited by unison999; 04-09-2012 at 04:33 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"on vacation"

Thanks

Long vacation
    pain & time and glory

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

I seriously wish I could filter the news to keep all the "A-guy-from-Asia-said-the-new-iPhone-WILL-be-_____" doodoo articles out of my face.

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    I seriously wish I could filter the news to keep all the "A-guy-from-Asia-said-the-new-iPhone-WILL-be-_____" doodoo articles out of my face.
    +1

Could I get in the news if I tell you that the iPhone is coming out February 30th? No.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Who really cares when the new iPhone will be coming out? I mean not that it isn't important and people don't plan vacations and child births around it, but frankly I don't care.

Thanks

This will be Foxconn trying to fix the mistake by the earlier employee!

Thanks

I was really hoping it would be june

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I could see an October release! Of course I could see a release during any month...

Banned
    Thanks

I just want that it may release soon no matter the month is June or October.
    Last edited by Benson11; 04-10-2012 at 01:23 PM.