+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Fusion - Integrated iOS Support for Multiple Social Networking Sites

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The announcement of iOS 5 bringing Twitter integration was a big one, however it’s apparent that not everyone is a Twitter user. If you have been waiting patiently for Facebook
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] Fusion - Integrated iOS Support for Multiple Social Networking Sites

The announcement of iOS 5 bringing Twitter integration was a big one, however it’s apparent that not everyone is a Twitter user. If you have been waiting patiently for Facebook integration with iOS, or even Foursquare or MySpace for that matter, then a new jailbreak tweak dubbed Fusion by iOS developer Home School Dev will bring you all of these things from the comfort of the familiar iOS Twitter-composition interface.

Fusion is invoked using an Acitvator action – just like you would use to compose a Tweet from anywhere in iOS. When you have the Twitter interface opened up, shown above, there will be a new button to the left of the character limit indicator, which you will tap on to bring up four social networking options – Facebook, FourSquare, MySpace, and Twitter. Granted MySpace might not be everyone’s first choice anymore, the big one is probably Facebook and was a huge demand from a ton of people.

When installed, the tweak comes with a preferences pane in the Settings application:

From the preferences pane, you can set your custom Activator action, enable or disable the tweak on demand, choose the social networking plug-ins you want to use (you may want to disable the ones you don’t use – such as MySpace), and the ability to use Siri for composition if you’re on an iPhone 4S or if you use Spire on a jailbroken iOS 5 device. The Siri integration does require a Siri plugin, and therefore depends on the installation of the free AssistantExtensions tweak. You can easily enable or disable location services for each of your social networking sites.

To use the Siri functionality, you will have to say something like, "Post status saying insert status here," or "Post status to insert social networking site here saying insert status here."

Unfortunately, no matter which social networking site you are posting to, you are bogged down to the 140 character limit, which we all know Facebook has a really super long character limit. However, it makes it very easy to post status updates on Facebook without ever having to launch the slow, glitchy Facebook application.

Posts will be posted live very quickly for each social networking site – almost as fast as if you had posted an update from the Twitter or Facebook application. The big advantage of using Fusion over having to use the application is the quick access of an Activator action over waiting for the application to load up and then typing the message.

If you are a heavy social networker, then I can recommend you check out Fusion.

Name: Fusion
    Price: $2
    Version: 0.0.4
    Requirements: Activator, iOS 5, Spire or iPhone 4S for Siri functionality
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Home School Dev
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Home School Dev
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-09-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I used to use qTweeter, but this is simple and slick. I'll get it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Google Plus is strangely missing...

Thanks

Google+ was more popular when its regiatrations were closed and you could only get in when people invites you IMO. It's been losing its hype.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow... Now I can carpet bomb all of my "social networking friends" with pointless incessant babble concurrently...

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully there will be a way to tweak it and get rid of the 140 character limit. Twitter should up it to 200 anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

They need to up the character limit for Facebook

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

Since I only use Twitter and Facebook there's no need for me to have this along with ISX.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Love this tweak a lot, I've been waiting for something like this. This is a cool feature that android has had and I don't know why apple would only allow tweeting natively. Awesome tweak