Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Supplies iPhone Unlock Codes Through iTunes

Well, you see, your problem is most probably because you are trying to do all this extra garbage with ultrasn0w and preserving your baseband. The phone is unlocked, you don't need to do that crap anymore. Seriously, if the carrier has unlocked it and Apple has unlocked it, why in the hell are you worrying about all that extra ********?? Quit trying to do stuff that is completely unnecessary and I bet you that you won't have to worry about this problem. Make sense???

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    Well, you see, your problem is most probably because you are trying to do all this extra garbage with ultrasn0w and preserving your baseband. The phone is unlocked, you don't need to do that crap anymore. Seriously, if the carrier has unlocked it and Apple has unlocked it, ?why in the hell are you worrying about all that extra ********? Quit trying to do stuff that is completely unnecessary and I bet you that you won't have to worry about this problem. Make sense???
    You have a point, but next time try to watch the language a bit more
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    When you deactivated wit RS and connected to iTunes did it not unlock? If not your phone has not been unlocked.
    Yes it is not getting unlocked. Saying invalid sim. But AT&T and apple both confirmed that my iPhone is unlocked. I am in India and I don't have AT&T sim to use. Hope it is not needed to deactivate or activate with at&t sim. I an using a service provider sim only.
    Last edited by raaamsz; 04-14-2012 at 08:41 AM.

If you deactivate with RS and put your service provider SIM in then iTunes should say it's unlocked.

If it is definitely unlocked then just restore your phone to standard 5.1 - you'll have a tethered JB but no need to worry about preserving BB any more.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If you deactivate with RS and put your service provider SIM in then iTunes should say it's unlocked.

If it is definitely unlocked then just restore your phone to standard 5.1 - you'll have a tethered JB but no need to worry about preserving BB any more.
    Having fear to update the baseband. If not unlocked after updating baseband then have to use a iPod touch. Pls help.

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    It should be unlocked bro, have you tried another SIM in it?
    Yes. I am in India and I am using the sim of a service provider here.
    Last edited by raaamsz; 04-14-2012 at 08:47 AM.

I have an iPhone 4S, which is JailBroken & was running T-Mobile via Gevey Adapter. I initiated an online chat session with AT&T. They asked for my IMEI# & about 7-8 min. after providing it, an agent instructed me to connect to iTunes & Restore, whereby I would then be Unlocked... BUT after reading a post on here about not having to restore, HERE IS WHAT I DID INSTEAD:

1) Connected to iTunes with T-Mobile/Gevey Adapter inserted & waited... nothing!
    2) Removed Gevey & inserted only the T-Mobile SIM & waited... still nohting!!
    3) Powered my iPhone 4S off, waited a few minutes & then powered it back on...
    4) Connected to iTunes, waited... & after about 6-7 minutes, while researching online, the phone said Activating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    Well, you see, your problem is most probably because you are trying to do all this extra garbage with ultrasn0w and preserving your baseband. The phone is unlocked, you don't need to do that crap anymore. Seriously, if the carrier has unlocked it and Apple has unlocked it, why in the hell are you worrying about all that extra ********?? Quit trying to do stuff that is completely unnecessary and I bet you that you won't have to worry about this problem. Make sense???
    Is preserving baseband is the only reason for not getting is unlocked. Can u please confirm on this. If that is the only reason then I can boldly go further on this. But I really doubt preserving baseband will not interfere in verifying with apple server for unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by raaamsz View Post
    Having fear to update the baseband. If not unlocked after updating baseband then have to use a iPod touch. Pls help.
    I say go ahead and update it the right way. If you quit messing around with all the hacked unlocks like you are doing, it will more than likely solve your issues.

Again, as I said before, if Apple AND AT&T both have told you that the phone is unlocked, then it is unlocked. It isn't as if you are dealing with some shady 3rd party person. Once they have assigned your IMEI to unlocked status, then that is all there is to it. There is nothing else for it to be because they are the ones who control it.

Just do a restore to get it back to stock 5.0.1 so you can still jailbreak it, just do not try to do anything else with the ultrasn0w or any other form of non-provider unlocking. I am more than confident everything else you are doing is what is preventing you from seeing it as unlocked. Just update the baseband and restore the phone properly and I have 99.999999999% confidence that you will see it as being unlocked. You have altered it enough with old basebands and jailbroken applications like ultrasn0w that it does not look like it should to the servers, so it is not able to show you it is unlocked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raaamsz View Post

Yes. I am in India and I am using the sim of a service provider here.
    Odd.... Try doing it again. Make sure not to run ultrasn0w or anything while doing it.

I have an iPhone 4S that I just bought from someone on CraigsList, which is JailBroken & was running T-Mobile SIM with a Gevey Adapter. I initiated an online chat session with AT&T. They asked for my IMEI# & about 7-8 min. later an agent instructed me to connect to iTunes & Restore, whereby I would then be Unlocked... BUT after reading a post on here claiming I didn't have to restore, I thought it was worth a shot & so HERE IS WHAT I DID INSTEAD:

1) Connected to iTunes with T-Mobile/Gevey Adapter inserted & waited... nothing!
    2) Removed Gevey & inserted only the T-Mobile SIM & waited... still nohting!!
    3) Powered my iPhone 4S off, waited a few minutes & then powered it back on...
    4) Connected to iTunes, waited... & after about 6-7 minutes, while researching online, the phone said Activating!!!

Now my baseband (Modem Firmware) reads 1.0.13 & I'm still JailBroken, of course! F.T.R., I bought this off someone from CraigsList.
    Most noteworthy is the fact that I was told my phone was UNLOCKABLE by an agent on the phone just a couple of hours earlier!!!

Quote Originally Posted by medsouljah View Post
    Finally unlocked iPhone 4. It took three attempts. First call with a clueless CSR and she told me that they are not unlocking any iPhone 4. The second try was with online chat and still a no go because my 2 year contract does not end until Aug 2012. Finally I called tech support and he just ask me my IMEI and email, 2 days later it's finally unlocked. Just to let you guys know that you don't have to restore as long as you used non-AT&T sim card.
    How did you manage to get the unlock? My phone's contract ends at the exact same month. That was a really lucky 3rd attempt. What did you say to technical support?
    Last edited by wmatatan; 04-14-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wmatatan View Post
    How did you manage to get the unlock? My phone's contract ends at the exact same month. That was a really lucky 3rd attempt. What did you say to technical support?
    All I said to the support tech is "I want to unlock my iPhone so I can use it overseas." All he wanted was my IMEI and email and then after a few minutes he gave me a case #.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to medsouljah For This Useful Post:

wmatatan (04-16-2012)

Good to know thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Selwin Snape View Post
    Not true. I popped in my AT&T sim card while doing the restore on iTunes on my 4S. I got the message that my phone has been unlocked in iTunes and proceeded. Took out the AT&T sim, put in my t-mobile sim, and caught signal right away. No issues, what so ever.

Few years ago, my friend gave me her iPhone 3GS. But it was locked to AT&T.

So now AT&T has the unlock process going on. Is there any way i can contact AT&T support without calling them? I'm not staying in US.
    I tried using the AT&T Online Chat, but it requires an AT&T Wireless number.

Can someone enlighten me about this?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,545 Times in 7,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zyrl View Post
    Few years ago, my friend gave me her iPhone 3GS. But it was locked to AT&T.

So now AT&T has the unlock process going on. Is there any way i can contact AT&T support without calling them? I'm not staying in US.
    I tried using the AT&T Online Chat, but it requires an AT&T Wireless number.

Can someone enlighten me about this?
    No, you will have to call them. I saw someone said a few days ago that you can use skype to call their 1-800 number for free though.

Quote Originally Posted by medsouljah View Post
    All I said to the support tech is "I want to unlock my iPhone so I can use it overseas." All he wanted was my IMEI and email and then after a few minutes he gave me a case #.
    Thanks a lot medsouljah, I told them what you told me, and they processed my unlock! Just waiting for the confirmation e-mail :-D

It's about time AT&T started unlocking iPhones. I did mine today and it was very simple. I didn't have to restore first. Worked Perfectly! I think the need to restore first is only for ios 4 and earlier.All i did was insert my non AT&T sim, opened itunes, plugged the phone in and my iphone then said it needed to be activated so i chose my wireless network and within 20 seconds, i got service and itunes said the unlock message.

Hey guys, I just came home from work to follow up on my unlock request, and I'm happy to report AT&T unlocked my iPhone :-) No need to pay a shady IMEI remote unlocking company...

Thanks

Cool

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wmatatan View Post
    Hey guys, I just came home from work to follow up on my unlock request, and I'm happy to report AT&T unlocked my iPhone :-) No need to pay a shady IMEI remote unlocking company...
    When did you request your unlock? I did mine on Thursday April 12th and am still not unlocked.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast