+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Supplies iPhone Unlock Codes Through iTunes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by braunsys 72 hours and counting, I'm not sure how others had gotten immediate unlocks, but I am getting nowhere with AT&T, and they confirmed my device meets
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by braunsys View Post
    72 hours and counting, I'm not sure how others had gotten immediate unlocks, but I am getting nowhere with AT&T, and they confirmed my device meets all of their unlocking requirements...
    If you are an AT&T customer, call and ask for 2nd level support. You may wait a while (I waited an hour) but once you get through you just give your emei which the tech will check for any issues, and it it's clean they will enter the data immediately. Then just use iTunes with a different carrier SIM or use redsn0w to deactivate the phone and it will unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been dicked around frm here to Kingdom. I am trying to unlock 2 3GSs and 1 3G.

I called; they verified that the phones r out of contract & I am on good standing. Was given case #s, told I wld receive e-mails w/in 24-48 hrs (DIDN'T HAPPEN), & that the case(s) wld b "resolved by 4/17" -- whatever THAY" means.

I do not understand how some of you r getting this done instantly. I am leaving the country b4 this magical "4/17" date, & need at least one of the phones unlocked b4 I leave, b/c I cannot sign onto my iTunes Acc't on the cruise ship.

Can anyone who has actually completed the process give me any suggestions?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    lol at above comment
    Mkkay lol
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lepetitmort84's Avatar
    Thanks

I just called ATT and requested 2nd level support. They are absolutely refusing to do it immidiate for me. Spoke with a manager and said all wait times are 5-7 days. Anything you were told previously is incorrect. Again, she said there is no way they can speed it up. *****

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lepetitmort84 View Post
    I just called ATT and requested 2nd level support. They are absolutely refusing to do it immidiate for me. Spoke with a manager and said all wait times are 5-7 days. Anything you were told previously is incorrect. Again, she said there is no way they can speed it up. *****
    Just go online and contact ATT through chat. I did mine last night about 9:30, waited about 15 mins. for customer service rep to join to chat and I told what they can help me with. They verified my info and asked for my IMEI #. I received they email confirmation within 10 mins.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanko11 View Post
    Just go online and contact ATT through chat. I did mine last night about 9:30, waited about 15 mins. for customer service rep to join to chat and I told what they can help me with. They verified my info and asked for my IMEI #. I received they email confirmation within 10 mins.
    If you don't have an ATT account you can't do this (EDIT: as in chat with someone online). You can't contact technical support without logging in. Did you choose technical support as your category for contact? If not which did you choose?
    Last edited by legazyiz; 04-11-2012 at 03:42 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Am still banging my head against the wall. WHY does this process have to b a boatload of "can't get there frm here"?

Thanks
    Finally unlocked iPhone 4. It took three attempts. First call with a clueless CSR and she told me that they are not unlocking any iPhone 4. The second try was with online chat and still a no go because my 2 year contract does not end until Aug 2012. Finally I called tech support and he just ask me my IMEI and email, 2 days later it's finally unlocked. Just to let you guys know that you don't have to restore as long as you used non-AT&T sim card.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by legazyiz View Post
    If you don't have an ATT account you can't do this (EDIT: as in chat with someone online). You can't contact technical support without logging in. Did you choose technical support as your category for contact? If not which did you choose?
    You are right. You need to have an ATT account to log in. And yes, you have to choose technical support.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, I requested the unlock for my iPhone 3G on the 10th and got it today (12th). I have done the backup and restore part cause I didn't care if I lost the jailbreak because I don't use the phone anymore, but never saw the congratulations message come up. I am guessing it is because I do not have a sim in the phone to activate, so it can't verify I suppose. I wish there was a way to verify that the phone was successfully unlocked without a sim, but looks like I can't. I'll just have to take AT&T's word for it. Maybe one day I will try a T-Mobile sim in it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

actually the unlock wont even take place until you sync to itunes w/ a non-at&t sim in your iphone.

Thanks
    I just called at&t tech support today and ask for my iPhone 4S unlocked. He just took my IMEI and gave me a case #. I hoping this one will be successful too like my iPhone 4.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    actually the unlock wont even take place until you sync to itunes w/ a non-at&t sim in your iphone.
    Not true. I popped in my AT&T sim card while doing the restore on iTunes on my 4S. I got the message that my phone has been unlocked in iTunes and proceeded. Took out the AT&T sim, put in my t-mobile sim, and caught signal right away. No issues, what so ever.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,805 Times in 6,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Selwin Snape View Post
    Not true. I popped in my AT&T sim card while doing the restore on iTunes on my 4S. I got the message that my phone has been unlocked in iTunes and proceeded. Took out the AT&T sim, put in my t-mobile sim, and caught signal right away. No issues, what so ever.
    I think he meant without doing a restore.

Thanks

To get iTunes to Unlock you just need to Activate your phone.
    A restore will activate,
    puting a new SIM in will activate,
    Selecting DeActivate in RedSn0w will force a reactivation.
    Last edited by confucious; 04-13-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default This actually DOES work!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    Their (AT&T) prices are comparable to every other major cellular provider. There is no "extreme" difference among them. Just an FYI.
    I have an iPhone 4S, which is JailBroken & running T-Mobile via Gevey Adapter. I initiated an online chat session with AT&T. They asked for my IMEI# & about 5 min. after providing it, an agent instructed me to connect to iTunes & Restore, whereby I would then be Unlocked... BUT here is what I did INSTEAD:

1) Connected to iTunes with T-Mobile/Gevey Adapter & waited... nothing!
    2) Removed Gevey & inserted just T-Mobile SIM & waited... still nohting!!
    2) Powered my iPhone 4S completely off, waited a few minutes & then powered it back on...
    3) Connected to iTunes & nothing... UNTIL, after about 6-7 minutes, while researching online, the phone said Activating!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post

Ahh, well, there is my problem then. I have absolutely NO sim in it whatsoever. I do not have a regular SIM anymore I don't think that I could put in it. Well, unless a REALLY old AT&T (pre-3G) sim would do the trick??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Official unlock method not working for me. Plz someone help.

I am having iPhone 4 originally locked to AT&T. Got without contract and I am eligible for unlock. Both apple and AT&T confirmed that my phone is unlocked according to their database . But I tried all possible ways nothing makes my iPhone to get unlocked. Here is what I did but no use.

[Currently my phone is in ios 5.0.1 and it is jail broken and unlocked with ultrasn0w. Currently I am in India and trying from here only]

- I tried back up and restore. No use.
    - I tried updating iOS 5.1 with customised firmware to preserve my baseband. (currently I am in 1.59) and even it says invalid sim.
    - I deactivated through redsn0w and tried with iTunes and no use.

Can anyone help me how to get my iPhone unlocked officially ?

Note : now I downgraded to ios 5.0.1 with preserving my baseband with the help of stitching tool in redsn0w.

Thanks

When you deactivated wit RS and connected to iTunes did it not unlock? If not your phone has not been unlocked.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

It should be unlocked bro, have you tried another SIM in it?
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.