+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Supplies iPhone Unlock Codes Through iTunes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hey guys, just got off the phone with ATT and here is what happens. 1. Confirm you're qualified. No existing contract (month to month needs to be), no past due
    iPhone? More like MyPhone lepetitmort84's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys, just got off the phone with ATT and here is what happens.

1. Confirm you're qualified. No existing contract (month to month needs to be), no past due bill.
    2. He told me I will recieve an email withint 48 hours telling me how to complete the unlock.

I was on the phone no more than 15 minutes and I did ask about a restore, he said he doesn't see why it'll be required even if it said restore in the instructions. I'll keep you guys posted

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post

According to those who have unlocked their devices Apple applies the unlock codes to the device after restoring the device through iTunes. However, getting to that point isn’t the most straight-forward or customer friendly process.

...customers wanting to unlock need to dial 611 to speak with a customer service representative, after which they are met with a prohibitively lengthy wait in order to speak with a technician.

Leave it to AT&T to turn a simple four steps into a long time-consuming process. Have any MMi members unlocked their iPhones yet? Was it quick, or filled with long wait times and awesome “Please hold” music?
    Seriously?? AT&T has over 100M customers, many of those with iPhones, and you really think that on day ONE (post U.S. holiday) of this being available that there isn't going to be a hold time?? This process of verifying eligibility then waiting on a case to be created and the manufacturer to provide the unlock code has been used for other devices, not just the iPhone. Get a grip, plz (RME, smdh)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

MuscleNerd said on Twitter to use Redsn0w's "deactivate" option to avoid restoring and losing jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

background: dont live in US anymore, cancelled account last june running i4

called ATT a million times to find someone who knew what was going on, internet chat was useless they said they werent instructed how to unlock and to call number,

once spoke to right person the approval process was pretty quick, waiting for PDF now, question is do i HAVE to wait for PDF? like do they not put my unlock into the system until they send off PDF or is it in there now? and if i need JB i guess i need to use custom IPSW, will this still yield unlock code generator?

Green Apple
    Thanks

If I take my 4S to the AT&T store and it's jailbroken/unlocked with gevey Ultra S, will they still let me go through with the unlock process?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xero87 View Post
    If I take my 4S to the AT&T store and it's jailbroken/unlocked with gevey Ultra S, will they still let me go through with the unlock process?
    They will forward you to the customer service phone line. They have always did that with any of the unlocks I needed for my past phones.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Update: waited for an hour to speak to 2nd level support. gave her my imei numbers (1 iphone 4 2 iphone 3g). she checked on the original activation dates then entered the phones into the data base. put in TM SIMs and all unlocked with no issues.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sstroud View Post
    Update: waited for an hour to speak to 2nd level support. gave her my imei numbers (1 iphone 4 2 iphone 3g). she checked on the original activation dates then entered the phones into the data base. put in TM SIMs and all unlocked with no issues.
    You didn't have to wait for any emails?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ash3s2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post
    How did you get them to unlock it for you? I have a 4S and they refused because I was still in contract?
    I canceled my contracted like 2 months ago they switched my unlimited data plan there fore I had to canceled it

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore is Apples solution to everything
    They are always at war with JB

What's Jailbreak? dennisdionisio's Avatar
    Thanks

Called ATT customer service to check if my ip4 that was bought in June 2010 without contract can be unlocked and im quite happy with the response i got. The call is about 25 minutes and i got the confirmation that my phone can be unlocked. The instructions will be sent within 72 hours. Keeping my fingers crossed to get it sooner. by the way I am based in Dubai and just relying on ultrasn0w for unlock... :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had my sister call in for her iphone that I bought for her from Craigslist, and they told her the contract was over in January 2013...... jesus christ.

She's going to try again to see if perhaps she'll get someone nicer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone samson_420's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, this is legit. I sell a bunch of iPhones and someone emailed me with this. So, I decided to call and ask if it is possible. They will do it, no problem. . . . As long as the IMEI is clean.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys I never been an ATT customer bought my Iphone 4 from ebay, called them on Sunday , said they will send an unlock request and I should get a reply by the 16th. I got an email about an hour ago with the unlock instructions and my phone is unlocked, popped in the tmobile sim and it works. So second hand phones can be unlocked it all depends on the previous owner's standing with ATT imo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone samson_420's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atj1594 View Post
    Hey guys I never been an ATT customer bought my Iphone 4 from ebay, called them on Sunday , said they will send an unlock request and I should get a reply by the 16th. I got an email about an hour ago with the unlock instructions and my phone is unlocked, popped in the tmobile sim and it works. So second hand phones can be unlocked it all depends on the previous owner's standing with ATT imo.
    Exactly!

This is kind of like ESNs on Verizon or Sprint but you don't need to be a customer. Just check the IMEI before you buy a iPhone of your choice and call At&t after you buy it.

This is amazing, I never in my life though I would see this day. This does change the iPhone game A LOT!
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone tell me which AT&T number they are calling because I just tried calling 1800-331-0500 and this guy told me I have to cell number or account with AT&T and said basically that he couldn't help me. How are other persons getting it done? Am I missing something here?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,090 Times in 6,938 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baje33 View Post
    Can someone tell me which AT&T number they are calling because I just tried calling 1800-331-0500 and this guy told me I have to cell number or account with AT&T and said basically that he couldn't help me. How are other persons getting it done? Am I missing something here?
    Call back again. Sounds like you got one that didnt know anything. I called and got a case id for them to check if mine is eligible. No problems whatsoever. I am not in the US and have never had a ATT account.

Thanks

Worked perfectly for me, Att tried to tell me because my phone was a replacement from Apple it wasn't eligible but they contacted Apple and saw the phone was replaced through AppleCare. I used redsn0w and deactivated it so I wouldn't lose my untethered jailbreak...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i gave att a call and the lady said she opened a case all she did was get my phone number and imei number nothing else told me i will findout next week ... i wish i could get an email

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Frustrated !
    72 hours and counting, I'm not sure how others had gotten immediate unlocks, but I am getting nowhere with AT&T, and they confirmed my device meets all of their unlocking requirements...