+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] ShowFlash – Show the Screenshot Flash for Other Actions

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] ShowFlash – Show the Screenshot Flash for Other Actions

When we take screenshots on our iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad the screen turns white for a moment to imitate the appearance of a camera flash. If you like this effect and want to use it for more things than the screenshot function itself, then a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed ShowFlash by iOS developer rvirajm will let you set the screenshot flash effect to execute when you perform other iOS functions beyond simply taking screenshots.

The practicality of the tweak has a lot to be desired. I couldn’t see myself wanting to see the screenshot flash for any other iOS function besides the screenshot function as it’s the only thing that really makes sense to see the white screen after. Anything else and the white flash would just delay my ability to perform other tasks by a few seconds. The tweak was ultimately designed for just proof of concept.

After installing the tweak, you are accompanied by a preferences pane in the Settings application. The preferences pane allows you to enable the screenshot flash for any or all of the following iOS functions:
    • launching applications
    • closing applications
    • launching the multitasking App Switcher
    • multitasking from one application to another
    • launching the Siri voice assistant
    • increasing the volume
    • decreasing the volume

The developer states in the Cydia description that the tweak will be gaining support for more iOS functions in the future and also that a huge thanks for the tweak goes to iOS developer Ron Melkhior. The important thing to remember is just because it shows the screenshot flash animation; it does not mean it is taking a screenshot. All this tweak is doing is showing the screenshot flash animation for other iOS functions besides the screenshot function. The tweak is free, so give it a try if you must.

Name: ShowFlash
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: rvirajm
    Editor's Rating: / 1.5/5

Sources: rvirajm

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

This has got to be the most useless tweak ever...
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Thanks

I agree

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i see 3GS applications here.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    This has got to be the most useless tweak ever...
    Dude, a tweak doesn't have to serve a useful purpose. Look at the ability to change a theme etc which adds no functionality merely makes your device / system look prettier. This tweak is for anyone who wants to personalise their device. Nothing more, nothing less. This guy sat down and coded this, so please less trolling. You may find it 'useless' and if that's the case you don't have to use it. Kudos to the dev exploring possibilities with his device and for sharing it.