+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tapbots Adds iCloud Functionality to Tweetbot

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Popular Twitter client Tweetbot received quite the update today with the most notable addition being iCloud integration. The iCloud integration allows Tweetbot users to sync DMs, Mute filters, timeline position
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tapbots Adds iCloud Functionality to Tweetbot

Popular Twitter client Tweetbot received quite the update today with the most notable addition being iCloud integration.

The iCloud integration allows Tweetbot users to sync DMs, Mute filters, timeline position and other account settings when logged into iCloud. The ability to move from your iPad, to your iPhone and have essentially the same experience is rather nice. Now Tweetbot needs to become a universal app instead of requiring users to make separate $2.99 purchases for their iPhone and iPad.

Other improvements include better handling of iTunes links, that include thumbnail previews. YouTube links get the thumbnail preview treatment as well. All of the usual features like list management, photo, video, and note support and customizable gestures remain unchanged. Although, a new pinch to close image view on iPad gesture has been added.

Hopefully, Tapbots brings a desktop version of Tweetbot to the Mac App Store in the not too distant future as well. Having the ability to go from iPhone, to iPad, laptop, and desktop using the same Twitter client and having everything sync across every platform would be much appreciated. I may even find it worthwhile to pay for each individual version...

Source: iTunes [via iClarified]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Once they come out with a desktop app for Windows and Mac this'll be useful to me. We had TweetMarker for syncing between iPhone/iPad. It's not like this wasn't possible before the update.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iipadfoot View Post
    Once they come out with a desktop app for Windows and Mac this'll be useful to me. We had TweetMarker for syncing between iPhone/iPad. It's not like this wasn't possible before the update.
    Well, the iCloud method also syncs DMs and lists across the client. Tweetmarker can only sync the public tweets/mentions.

Personally, I can't get it to work between my iPhone and iPad. Then again, I also think my iCloud is severely broken in some manner... as almost nothing ever syncs the way it should, regardless of app.