+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] VoiceMailKiller Replace iOS Voice Mail With Group Messaging

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you are an iPhone user running iOS 5 and don’t see much of a use for the Voice Mail feature of the Phone application, then a newer jailbreak tweak
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] VoiceMailKiller Replace iOS Voice Mail With Group Messaging

If you are an iPhone user running iOS 5 and don’t see much of a use for the Voice Mail feature of the Phone application, then a newer jailbreak tweak dubbed VoiceMailKiller by iOS developer DrComputerIT will allow you to disable the Voice Mail feature on your iPhone and do something else with that tab in the Phone application instead – send group text messages or e-mails. The screenshot above shows you the interface for VoiceMailKiller and how it replaces the Voice Mail tab in the Phone application.

When you are introduced with the tweak for the first time, you will be prompted to create a group of people and name it. In the instance above, I made a group called ModMyi and added everyone from my contacts from ModMyi to the list. The tweak then shows me two buttons – one for sending an SMS group message to everyone at once and one for sending an e-mail to everyone at once. You can create as many groups as you want, such as family, friends, co-workers, etc.

Of course, a tweak of this magnitude would not be complete without the option to enable and disable it on demand. With the small chance you may actually need voice mail, you can simply disable the tweak easily from the Settings application under the Voice Mail Killer preference pane. This will end the group messaging feature from the Phone application until you enable the tweak again.

Whether you find the Phone application as a good place to have group messaging or not is something to be considered. If you use voice mail on a daily basis, then you definitely will not want this tweak. On the other hand if you’re one of those people that never uses it, then this tweak will allow you to use that part of your Phone application to do something different. Group messaging can be achieved already from both the Mail and Messages applications. The good part about this tweak is the pre-set groups.

VoiceMailKiller supports English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.

Name: VoiceMailKiller
    Price: $1.49
    Version: 1.0-28
    Requirements: iPhone, iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: DrComputerIT
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: DrComputerIT

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why not sb settings?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Try as I might, I cannot come up with a scenario where I might want to do this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't like that it kills voicemail. Voicemail is very vital. It should kill favorites instead. I don't have any contact saved in my favorites.

Thanks

not bad for youmail users.

Thanks

perfect for youmail users.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Not bad, but it would be better if it added this section to the phone app rather than replacing a fairly useful one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Exactly, we need this to replace the FAVORITES!! Voicemail is vital to anyone's phone now a days...Let's see if we can get an update to get this placed over favorites instead.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
    I don't like that it kills voicemail. Voicemail is very vital. It should kill favorites instead. I don't have any contact saved in my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by louee6 View Post
    Exactly, we need this to replace the FAVORITES!! Voicemail is vital to anyone's phone now a days...Let's see if we can get an update to get this placed over favorites instead.

Uhhhhhhhhhh then it couldn't be called "VoiceMailKiller".

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why isn't there an app to replace that with my Google Voice visual voicemail?