Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Starting April 8th AT&T Will Finally Unlock Your iPhone For You

I have and iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4 all locked to AT&T. I have been gone from AT&T since the day Verizon got iPhone. I never had a contract with AT&T so I am wondering if that means they will just unlock my phones for me.

Alternatively... I have bought several iPhone for testing off ebay... will they unlock these too. There are so many variables I want to know how they will be handling that? Guess next week a call to AT&T to see what they think.

OMG this sounds to good to be true I hope att does not add ny BS to this now This is a good news

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ha'... I'll never buy another Carrier branded phone again and that includes the iPhone as well! I'll stick with my unlocked penta-band Nokia (N9, N8, & E6) phones. These phones aren't detected in AT&T's system which allows me to use the $10 dollar unlimited data dumbphone plan! I go well over 10GB a month, unthrottled going H.A.M with the mobile Wi-Fi hotspot. I currently use my iPhone as an iPod Touch now.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Finally! AT&T should have been doing this from the start! This will be much better than waiting for an unlock to happen
    It still leaves you waiting about two years for any new model unless you want to pay Apple's unlocked price.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Finally! AT&T should have been doing this from the start! This will be much better than waiting for an unlock to happen
    What is the procedure behind getting them to unlock your phone do you have to email them or call them an request an unlock. How to go about this?

Why cant I see the comments but can somone tell me how I can request to get my iphone to be unlocked do I have to email or call them whats the procedure? EMail or private msg the response pls an thanks in advanced
    Last edited by Smileydawg; 04-07-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ajones330 View Post
    If your phone is jailbroken will this affect it? Probably so
    It definitely won't affect your jailbreak, I've unlocked all of my iPhones (3g, 3gs, 4 & 4s through my carrier via iTunes (I'm in the uk) and it has never affected my jailbreak in any way, just make the request, wait upto 48 hours to receive a confirmation text message then connect your phone to iTunes and the "congratulations your iPhone is now unlocked" message appears and that is all there is to it, you're then free to update firmware as and when it's available without having to preserve your baseband etc

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    These phones aren't detected in AT&T's system which allows me to use the $10 dollar unlimited data dumbphone plan! I go well over 10GB a month, unthrottled going H.A.M with the mobile Wi-Fi hotspot.
    For now...they'll catch on. I mean, you're using 10GB a month?! Haha, you're lucky you haven't been caught yet! I guess live it up...

But, no form of data package (especially a bootlegged shady method) could compel me to use a Nokia for anything other than a toy hammer for my 3 year old daughter.

I'm using my 4s with another carrier.
    H20 for me ( soon to be red pocket ).
    Using H20 & Red pocket.
    I'm paying $60 a month.
    Unlimited text, talk, MMS, 2GB data & up to 200 free minutes for international calls.

Why is the comments section on this site so messed up? It says there are 44 of them yet I only see 1.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Why is the comments section on this site so messed up? It says there are 44 of them yet I only see 1.
    Click on the link at the bottom of the first post, that will take you to the forum view where you can see all the comments.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally, well looks like I'll have an officially unlocked iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah but is there a limitation on which baseband's can be unlocked? If not, can an employee leak the unlock to us?
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djdraco View Post
    Yeah but is there a limitation on which baseband's can be unlocked? If not, can an employee leak the unlock to us?
    baseband doesnt matter with official unlocks, and there would be nothing to leak to you. It is not something that gets installed on your phone.

This has to be a late April fools joke...

I bought my iPhone 4 on contract on launch day and the day that iOS 5.0 went public Apple replaced my iPhone 4. So does this mean they will unlock it because my current is not the one I signed the contract for. I am eligible for a new phone if that matters.

Thanks

Too bad I already sold my 2 freaking iPhone 4's. hopefully they'll unlock my 4S for me

iPhone? More like MyPhone krUnIzZlE3's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjeff View Post
    I feel your pain..I bought my white 4S Factory Unlocked for $705 from apple...but it felt nice to not be restricted to software unlocks for it though
    Lol, It's Locked To AT&T Though... Bought It Outright For $700
    AT&T iPhone 4 Officially Unlocked

*Color: Black
    *Capacity: 32GB
    *Software Version: 5.0.1
    *Jailbroken -------------------------- ./
    *Bootloader: 1.59.00
    *Unlocked --------------------------- ./
    **Press Tha "Thanks" Button if I've Helped You!**

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    The best part? No more having to protect the baseband!

EDIT: even better, the dev team members working on unlocks can finally take a rest.
    I thought they stopped working on ultrasnow software unlock post baseband 00.01.59 unlock since then It merely has been upgraded to support newer iOS firmwares.but no supports for newer basebands. Upgrading your firmwares while preserving the BB has always been a pain

iPhone? More like MyPhone krUnIzZlE3's Avatar
    Thanks

So, I'm Actually talking to AT&T right now, and i showed them this site and 9to5mac. And they are "Looking Into It" and I'm On Hold..
    Sorry, I DOnt Have Patience For This... LoL.

**Ill Update as i go...

EDIT: There Saying They Can't Unlock It Because Its A "No Commitment Phone" And I'm Telling the guy on the other side that its NO COMMITMENT, meaning i paid full price for it and AT&T did not lose any money and it should not matter to them. I do NOT have a subsidized phone which at&T gave me a cheaper price for contract....

He Is Still Going On About Contract iPhone & Talking To Contract Support (Or Something Like That..)
    Last edited by krUnIzZlE3; 04-07-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    AT&T iPhone 4 Officially Unlocked

*Color: Black
    *Capacity: 32GB
    *Software Version: 5.0.1
    *Jailbroken -------------------------- ./
    *Bootloader: 1.59.00
    *Unlocked --------------------------- ./
    **Press Tha "Thanks" Button if I've Helped You!**

how about the ones are abroad.I dont live in the states.So what do i do to unlock mine. ?no info about it yet i guess.Anyone has info about it. Pls share. !

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast